• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Spock I am being fair. If you make sabbath keeping mandatory you are putting others in bondage. Read Gal 4 verse 9. Plus all the book shows we should not be under law. We walk by the spirit. We are crucified with christ and we no longer live but he lives in us. We are dead to sin. And alive to righteousness.  We keep the commandments of christ given to the Apostles in the new testament. Not the law of Moses or the ten commandments the old covenant.  The new covenant of the blood of Jesus by faith.

Brother Wayne,

i think the BEST evidence regarding this is to look at how the Apostles acted after the resurrection. Look at Pauls life, Peters life, John's life, etc. Study their words but more importantly, look at their ACTIONS. Do you see any indication that they were not keeping the moral law, 10 C., in particular the 4th C. 

If you have conclusive proof any of these men no longer followed the moral law, in particular the 4th C., I'm all ears and eyes. However, brother Wall has clearly refuted your scripture regarding Paul breaking bread on the first day of the week. That does not mean Sabbath was moved to Sunday, so you will need more my brother. For me at least.  Polycarp, Origen, Martyr, etc is nice, but not cogent enough for my liking. 

We are all seeking the truth because we all want to please our great God. I implore you to Try to keep the prejudicial comments out of it, (putting people under bondage) and just stick to the facts as you see them. We can all make our interpretations accordingly. 

Thanks,

spock

Brother Wayne,

also, I believe you are misreading the Galatians 4:8- 11 passage.

8Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forcesd ? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

i believe the correct exegesis is this: now that you have come to know God, how is it you are now contemplating turning back to the worthless things....

what are the worthless things?

v. 10- days, months, seasons, and years.  These are PAGAN days, months, seasons, and years.  This has nothing to do with "Jewish" sabbaths, Feasts, etc. 

The message paul is given is simply, don't go back to PAGAN ways you once partook in. 

Guess what?  I think that same message applies to believers today. How many of us are going back to PAGAN WAYS?  Think about it?  Example: Easter celebration? 

Please consider this. I look forward to your response.

spock

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Brother Wayne,

also, I believe you are misreading the Galatians 4:8- 11 passage.

8Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forcesd ? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

i believe the correct exegesis is this: now that you have come to know God, how is it you are now contemplating turning back to the worthless things....

what are the worthless things?

v. 10- days, months, seasons, and years.  These are PAGAN days, months, seasons, and years.  This has nothing to do with "Jewish" sabbaths, Feasts, etc. 

The message paul is given is simply, don't go back to PAGAN ways you once partook in. 

Guess what?  I think that same message applies to believers today. How many of us are going back to PAGAN WAYS?  Think about it?  Example: Easter celebration? 

Please consider this. I look forward to your response.

spock

yes and why are they worthless here (these day issues)?

2 Peter 3:11 (KJV)

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

and in the new heaven and earth it will only be continuous light no darkness no day-s- just eternity without begin and end dwelling with God in His fullness

Revelation 22:5 (KJV)

[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

So while you wrest with that which passes away and stress all importance of->we shall focus upon the eternal keeping of God and prepare our hearts according to His Word so that we will be children ready ... awaiting His Glory as our fixed hope!
Love, Steven

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I will give a more complete answer to this soon. I need to study up the scriptures I need to shed more light on this. For now if you notice there is no command to keep the sabbath in the new testament. Paul never said anything in his letters to the churches. Neither Peter said any commandment to keep the sabbath. They never told anyone. Even in acts at the council they never told the gentile believers to keep the sabbath. They told to keep four things that if they did so they would do well.I would think they would have at least told them to keep the sabbath. And I don't think it's reasonable to think in Gal 4 It was talking about them going back to pagan ways. The whole book is about them going back to the law of moses. They were trying to be justified by the law. And do you think they would feel it's OK to follow pagan ways. The very thing .that would condemn them under the law. No its talking about holydays and SABBATHS. The sabbath was for the house of Israel. Not the church.

Wayne,

i think you should reread WWs posts on Galatians 4.  He talked about circumsision regarding being justified by the law. 

Like I said, if you could show me where any of the Apostles did NOT keep the Sabbath, this would be powerful evidence. Have you found that yet?  So, if you don't find it, then you have to ask yourself this- if they didn't have to keep it, why did they?  I'd like to read your answer to that when you get a chance. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Spock said:

Wayne,

i think you should reread WWs posts on Galatians 4.  He talked about circumsision regarding being justified by the law. 

Like I said, if you could show me where any of the Apostles did NOT keep the Sabbath, this would be powerful evidence. Have you found that yet?  So, if you don't find it, then you have to ask yourself this- if they didn't have to keep it, why did they?  I'd like to read your answer to that when you get a chance. Thanks. 

Spock my friend please show me where the Apostles told anyone to keep the sabbath ? It should be there somewhere.  The body of christ does not need to keep the sabbath. We rest in christ. A day off from work is needed.It can be any day. Because we rest in christ 

My favorite  person was scotty by the way. Captain the engines will blow . Being my age my brothers and myself used to watch it when it was a new show. Every week we sat on the floor and watch one of the greatest shows. Don't have a favorite episode.  I also like lost in space. The first season was not comedy.  Seen it as a new show too. Batman was a disappointment to us because it was comedy. But it did have Bruce Lee and the green hornet in two episodes. Seen it new too. The old days lol.

S

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Spock my friend please show me where the Apostles told anyone to keep the sabbath ? It should be there somewhere.  The body of christ does not need to keep the sabbath. We rest in christ. A day off from work is needed.It can be any day. Because we rest in christ 

Your wish is my command:

acts 15

21For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

this web site might interest you:

http://www.eliyah.com/85times.html

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Your wish is my command:

acts 15

21For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

If you pull any single verse out of scripture and claim it says almost anything.  If you read the whole paragraph, or better the whole chapter the context is the opposite of manditory Sabbath keeping for the gentiles.

8 hours ago, Spock said:

Your wish is my command:

acts 15

He was not talking about the Christians believers but that the torch was still being read in Jewish synagogues on there sabbath. The Jews still kept the Sabbath so there was a sabbath day. But not for the christians.