• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

There is one holy day in the Bible, and that is God's seventh day Sabbath....Genesis 2 and Exodus 20..whether non believers like it or not..that is the way God wants it so that is the way I keep it...It is the fourth commandment of the ten commandments God wrote Himself..."remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy"....not sunday,which is the first day of the week, but the 7th day which is saturday...

I really don't think people have a problem with you keeping Saturday. I believe the problem is using terms like " non believer " and questioning ones spiritual standing with Jesus Christ because they gather on Sunday. This issue becomes "the" salvation issue while the death and resurrection of our Lord seems to take a "good first step" status. I believe the letter to the Colossians deals with this subject well.

The healthiest action at this point is for you to take your quote, "so that is the way I keep it", and leave it at that. And that is where the real problem rests, that's difficult to do.

Edited by Zemke

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

The Roman religious system started the sunday worship day changing it from God's Holy 7th day observance...but doesn't matter to me what day you keep..you have free will, and following the doctrines of man instead of the Commandments of God seems to be good for 2 billion "christians" then go for it....Mark 7.8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

2 hours ago, Zemke said:

I really don't think people have a problem with you keeping Saturday. I believe the problem is using terms like " non believer " and questioning ones spiritual standing with Jesus Christ because they gather on Sunday.

Hi Zemke

Im sorry but its scriptural.

JUDE 1 [4] For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. [5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, afterward DESTROYED THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT.

Who are these ungodly people who turned the GRACE of God into lasciviousness and who the Lord destroyed due to unbelief? Jude1 and Hebrews 3 and Zeke 20 are speaking of the same event. Alls we gotta do is go look at scripture that tells us why they were destroyed in the wilderness.

HEBREWS 3 [12]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; [15] WHILE IT IS SAID, TO DAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, AS IN THE PROVOCATION. [16] For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came OUT OF EGYPT by Moses. [17] But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, WHOSE CARCASES FELL IN THE WILDERNESS? [18] And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? [19] So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief

Scripture above (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - those that believed not - destroyed them)

Scripture below (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - polluted HIS SABBATHS - destroyed them)

EZEK.20 [10] Wherefore I caused them to go forth OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, and brought them INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11] And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.[12] Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.[13] But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.

There it is Zemke. They were destroyed in the wilderness because they were not keeping Gods sabbath day. They were walking with a heart of unbelief. Dont get mad at me...i didnt write the book

HEBREWS 13  [8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Does this new testament scripture really mean what it says?

PROVERBS 24  [19] Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked;[20] For there shall be no reward to the evil man; THE CANDLE OF THE WICKED SHALL BE PUT OUT.[21] My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and MEDDLE NOT WITH THEM THAT ARE GIVEN TO CHANGE:[22] For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

PSALM 89 [30] IF HIS CHILDREN FORSAKE MY LAW, and walk not in my judgments; [31] If they break my statutes, AND KEEP NOT MY COMMANDMENTS; [32] Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. [33] Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. [34] MY COVENANT WILL I NOT BREAK, NOR ALTER the thing that is gone out of my lips.

The "many" believe that Gods 4th commandment has been altered

ECCLES. 3 [14] I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOETH, IT SHALL BE FOR EVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. [15] That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

MALACHI 3 [2] BUT WHO MAY ABIDE THE DAY OF HIS COMING? AND WHO SHALL STAND WHEN HE APPEARETH? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:[3] And he shall sit as a refiner and purifer of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.[4] Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.[5] And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.[6] FOR I AM THE LORD, I CHANGE NOT;

HEBREWS 13  [8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

So why do many believe that their god is a wishy washy God. Changing continually.

Old testament – keep the sabbath

New testament – dont bother

1000 yr rest (in the Kingdom) – Gotta keep the sabbath again (scripture below)

ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, shall ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME, saith the Lord.

So has the sabbath been changed or altered? Many make that claim. But i gotta believe that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever  

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If you are forcing a Sabbath Day on the conscience of another then you are simply a legalist.

Well...i cant imagine standing before the Lord and saying "save me Lord, im an illegalist, i did nothing you commanded me to do"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

42 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sabbath means rest. We keep God's Sabbath when we rest in the finished work of Christ, not Saturday or Sunday or whatever other day. 

If you are doing Saturday Sabbath yet are not resting in Christ then you are the Sabbath breaker.

If you are resting in Christ you are free to keep or not keep an observable day of rest.

If you are forcing a Sabbath Day on the conscience of another then you are simply a legalist.

I was listening to a teacher from my church on youtube who was discussing the supposed legalist and the supposed antinomian and the conclusion he came up with was pretty remarkable in my opinion.  He said that they are two sides of the same coin.  The legalist believes in a law and that by his standards of keeping that law he is justified before God.  The antinomian may say things like they are not under law but grace but they do believe in law because their spiritual lives are guided by it.  It is just their interpretation of that law which holds weight in their camp.  So you have 2 camps that believe in a law where each trust in his own understanding of it in order to be right with God.  

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

When you stand before the Lord it will be too late to be saved. We are saved by His works not our own...

John 6:28-29 KJVS
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? [29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Yeah, we are to believe in Jesus. What about those with spirit of unbelief?

JUDE 1 [4] For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. [5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, afterward DESTROYED THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT.

So who are these ungodly people who turned the GRACE of God into lasciviousness and who the Lord destroyed due to unbelief? Jude1 and Hebrews 3 and Zeke 20 are speaking of the same event. Alls we gotta do is go look at scripture that tells us why they were destroyed in the wilderness

HEBREWS 3 [12]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; [15] WHILE IT IS SAID, TO DAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, AS IN THE PROVOCATION. [16] For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came OUT OF EGYPT by Moses. [17] But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, WHOSE CARCASES FELL IN THE WILDERNESS? [18] And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? [19] So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief

Scripture above (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - those that believed not - destroyed them)

Scripture below (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - polluted HIS SABBATHS - destroyed them)

EZEK.20 [10] Wherefore I caused them to go forth OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, and brought them INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11] And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.[12] Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.[13] But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.

They were destroyed in the wilderness because they were not keeping Gods sabbath day. They walked with an evil heart of unbelief

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/14/2017 at 1:07 AM, heretoeternity said:

The ten commandments were written by God Himself, on stone tablets, and are the moral law for mankind....
you have free will to follow them or not....

I chose to follow them....
and obey God, and His Holy word....

because I am saved by His grace....
and the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross....

:emot-heartbeat:

The Kiss Of Death

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin. Romans 3:19-20 (New International Version)

Or The Heart Of Grace

But now apart from the law, a righteousness of God has been revealed, being testified by the Law and the Prophets; even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ to all those who believe. For there is no distinction,

for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness, because in God's forbearance he had passed over the sins previously committed; to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time, so that he would be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus.

Where then is the boasting? It is excluded. By what manner of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is not he the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since indeed there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith, and the uncircumcised through faith. Romans 3:21-30 (New Heart English Bible)

The Choice Is Yours

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24 (New American Standard Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law...Paul in Romans 3.31

Faith without works is dead James 2

This is the love of God, that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome 1st John 5.3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

43 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

Do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law...Paul in Romans 3.31

Faith without works is dead James 2

This is the love of God, that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome 1st John 5.3

I agree.   we keep the two God (Jesus) gave us