• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

`Therefore WHEN YOU SEE  `the abomination of desolation` spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains......` (Matt. 24: 15)

Just love God`s little details. Do you see `WHEN YOU SEE,` the A/D in the holy place, well who ever heard of the people going into that area, let alone seeing what was there. I have my thoughts (:rolleyes:) but thought others may want to think on that too.

Good point, one I have commented on also. The topo hagio/holy place was the former threshing floor of Ornan, which David sanctified for the Holy Place of the Temple. Only priests and Levites could enter that area, therefore see anything there, when it was covered by the sanctuary structure.

However, if it was not yet covered by a sanctuary building, then everyone could see what was happening there. This appears to be the case in Daniel 11:45, when the King of the North will "plant the tents of his pavilion...at the glorious holy mountain." No mention at all is made here of a Temple or sanctuary.

This act of the King of the North is followed by

12:1 ...there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation, even to that time.

which is the same thing as

Matt. 24:21 ...then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

The same angel who told Daniel about the events of Daniel 11:45-12:1 continued on in 12:11 to speak about this period being "the time...[of] the abomination of desolation..."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

16 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Good point, one I have commented on also. The topo hagio/holy place was the former threshing floor of Ornan, which David sanctified for the Holy Place of the Temple. Only priests and Levites could enter that area, therefore see anything there, when it was covered by the sanctuary structure.

I finished a book last month or so about that threshing floor....  The book is "Temple" by Robert Cornuke.    It is about archeological digs in Jerusalem and according to him Israeli archeologists have discovered the threshing floor of Ornan and it is not on the present temple mount.   His usage of scripture and history is very convincing that the present temple mount is where the big Roman fort was built.

Fascinating reading and I would think if true we will find out about it before long and it would change a lot of things about rebuilding the temple.

• Group:  Royal Member

3 minutes ago, other one said:

I finished a book last month or so about that threshing floor....  The book is "Temple" by Robert Cornuke.    It is about archeological digs in Jerusalem and according to him Israeli archeologists have discovered the threshing floor of Ornan and it is not on the present temple mount.   His usage of scripture and history is very convincing that the present temple mount is where the big Roman fort was built.

Fascinating reading and I would think if true we will find out about it before long and it would change a lot of things about rebuilding the temple.

So what what his conclusion, already??? Don't keep us hanging, bro!

I know that some believe the Dome of the Rock site was where the Antonia Fortress was, and the sanctuary was where the Al-Aqsa Mosque now sits, on the south end of the Temple Mount just above the old City of David.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

25 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

However, if it was not yet covered by a sanctuary building, then everyone could see what was happening there. This appears to be the case in Daniel 11:45, when the King of the North will "plant the tents of his pavilion...at the glorious holy mountain." No mention at all is made here of a Temple or sanctuary.

This act of the King of the North is followed by

12:1 ...there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation, even to that time.

which is the same thing as

Matt. 24:21 ...then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

The same angel who told Daniel about the events of Daniel 11:45-12:1 continued on in 12:11 to speak about this period being "the time...[of] the abomination of desolation..."

So are you thinking more of a tabernacle type structure (temple) where the man of sin declares himself to be God?

Good connection between Daniel 12 and Matthew 24.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

11 minutes ago, other one said:

How far from the presently recognized temple mount is the threshing floor that he has discovered?

1 minute ago, Last Daze said:

So are you thinking more of a tabernacle type structure (temple) where the man of sin declares himself to be God?

To be precise, the Son of Perdition shall, literally

1 Thes. 2:4 "sit as a god in the naos [sanctuary or holy place] of God, showing himself that he is a god.

Strong's G584 ἀποδείκνυμι apodeíknymi; from G575 and G1166; to show off, i.e. exhibit; figuratively, to demonstrate, i.e. accredit.

So I take this to mean that just his placing his tabernacle in the Holy Place is all that he will do, not make any public declaration. That is, just his having his dwelling there will speak for itself. That seems to be what Daniel 11:45 also implies, because it also says no more than he will place his pavilion there.

23 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

So what what his conclusion, already??? Don't keep us hanging, bro!

I know that some believe the Dome of the Rock site was where the Antonia Fortress was, and the sanctuary was where the Al-Aqsa Mosque now sits, on the south end of the Temple Mount just above the old City of David.

19 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

How far from the presently recognized temple mount is the threshing floor that he has discovered?

It is about a thousand feet south of the Dome of the Rock  on the Southeast ridge in the Opel Mound area abutting the Kidron Valley.  If that is the case and I believe it could very well be the case, then the two roads that connected that with the Roman fort that Josephus tells us about would fit right into the story and he was there at the time.  And is also within the City of David.

1 hour ago, other one said:

It is about a thousand feet south of the Dome of the Rock  on the Southeast ridge in the Opel Mound area abutting the Kidron Valley.  If that is the case and I believe it could very well be the case, then the two roads that connected that with the Roman fort that Josephus tells us about would fit right into the story and he was there at the time.  And is also within the City of David.

Very convenient. The whole area being more extensively reclaimed by Jewish archaeologists over the last 5+ years or so? Finding Hezekiah's seal and other like artifacts from the Davidic-king era. Still looking for the tombs of the kings, expected to be nearby.

How developed is the site? What is there now?

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

So I take this to mean that just his placing his tabernacle in the Holy Place is all that he will do, not make any public declaration. That is, just his having his dwelling there will speak for itself. That seems to be what Daniel 11:45 also implies, because it also says no more than he will place his pavilion there.

This would fit well with the common in-your-face-but not-stated tactic of NWO-type public ceremonies. Like Obama's acceptance of the Democratic Presidential nomination in the replica of the Pergamos Temple (via Berlin). Or the Super Bowl half-time shows of the last few years.

In the case where the Son of Perdition would set up shop there, those who were watching (on both sides) who could read the symbolism would get the message.

The wise would know it was time to escape.

The foolish would be clueless until it was to late.

Some of the evil would see it as the call to arms they had been waiting for. Others of the evil would see it as an act of dangerous imperialism.

Open the First Seal, and let the End begin. Lord.

29 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

This would fit well with the common in-your-face-but not-stated tactic of NWO-type public ceremonies. Like Obama's acceptance of the Democratic Presidential nomination in the replica of the Pergamos Temple (via Berlin). Or the Super Bowl half-time shows of the last few years.

Are you aware that in Washington DC in the Masonic temple down the street from the Capitol complex the 33 degree Masons hold a ritual that is supposed by their beliefs to raise Osiris so he can instill himself into our presidents and guide himm in leading the country.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, other one said:

Are you aware that in Washington DC in the Masonic temple down the street from the Capitol complex the 33 degree Masons hold a ritual that is supposed by their beliefs to raise Osiris so he can instill himself into our presidents and guide himm in leading the country.

:o