IGNORED

the book of Jasher, should it be part of study ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

30 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I'm not familiar with the Book of Jasher.  I also don't understand why all these extrabiblical books and theores are constantly being brought to this site. 

Maybe you should read it to understand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

3 minutes ago, other one said:

"From then on I heard all things and I understood what I saw; that which will not take place in this generation, but in a generation which is to succeed at a distant period, on account of the elect."

Enoch 1:2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, other one said:

Enoob, I don't think this pertains to Enoch, Jasher and Jublees....   they were not part of the Catholic Bible

not the intent of referencing site but to show the difference between canonized and non-canonized books...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, other one said:

Have you read it, O.O.?  I never have, not one word.  Is it important to read it?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

Why not? They are authentic and come from the same source as scripture does, especially Jasher which is even recommended by the Bible, being referenced in Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18 and Timothy 3:8. The word 'Jasher' by the way is not the name of a person, it simply means 'upright' because it is meant to be an accurate account of history.

It does not conflict with scripture, nor does it introduce any new doctrines, it merely fills in the historical gaps and explains some of the stories in more detail. For example it gives a deeper account of the Cain and Abel story, giving us an overview of what Cain said to Abel just before killing him and how he was killed. It also gives us more detail about the Tower of Babel and gives us a rough idea of the size of it. It also tells us that Noah's wife was called Namaah and that she was ninety-years older than him.

Now if we turn to the book of Enoch, there is also some evidence that Enoch was left out of the canon because it conflicted with Catholic ideology but it was widely read by Christian scholars even until the Middle Ages. It was not included in Protestant Bibles because by the time of the Reformation, the book had been lost and was not recovered again until the 1700s when it was brought back to Europe from Ethiopian Coptic Churches and then later on portions of it were discovered among the Dead Sea scrolls confirming its authenticity.

Another reason that Enoch may have been left out of the canon is because the book itself states that it was only written to be understood by people living in the End Times. It's quite possible that the Church decided that it was best to leave the book out of the Bible for that reason.

You have to be aware of forgeries though and there are forgeries of both books but these have been proven to be false, they also conflict with scripture, and historically they are too young to be authentic.

Hmmm....I'm really no expert on this stuff but I'm leary of reading anything that may not fit with Scripture.  I am going to check out the Book of Jasher; I'm sure it's online.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Have you read it, O.O.?  I never have, not one word.  Is it important to read it?

It filled in a lot of Gaps about the time before the flood for me MG.    I have all three on my Kindle, but I would have to give some real thought as to what all is in them for it's been 20 years since I read the entire books.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Hmmm....I'm really no expert on this stuff but I'm leary of reading anything that may not fit with Scripture.  I am going to check out the Book of Jasher; I'm sure it's online.

Don't take my word for it, I'm just a man and I could be wrong. Test everything as the Bible tells us...... I've tested Jasher and in my humble opinion, I think it may be true. As I've already said, it's not meant to be scripture but it is meant to be historically accurate. If it is, then it certainly puts scripture into historical context and enables you to understand the early Old Testament better.

If you're reading it online, make sure you read the real book of Jasher and not the two forgeries.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

9 minutes ago, OakWood said:

Don't take my word for it, I'm just a man and I could be wrong. Test everything as the Bible tells us...... I've tested Jasher and in my humble opinion, I think it may be true. As I've already said, it's not meant to be scripture but it is meant to be historically accurate. If it is, then it certainly puts scripture into historical context and enables you to understand the early Old Testament better.

If you're reading it online, make sure you read the real book of Jasher and not the two forgeries.

I agree Oakwood.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I'm not familiar with the Book of Jasher.  I also don't understand why all these extrabiblical books and theores are constantly being brought to this site. 

for information,  you need to widen your horizons  my sister., knowledge is the key , ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

20 minutes ago, OakWood said:

I have the jasher book, so how do I know which is fake and which is real , I did not know there was more then one with the same, name,

now I have all three of enoch , and its really deep, I think it is worth  it to read it, and think of how the spirit world really is,

it gives  a new way of the bible for sure, I cannot say if its contradicts  or firms up scripture, but its a great read,  period.