IGNORED

the book of Jasher, should it be part of study ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, SINNERSAVED said:

sorry this web site jesus is savior is , not a good or solid resource, it has many  things that are not biblical, and I would not use tit as a resource, ,  I believe the first book of enoch, to be okay , and does not conflict at all that what I have read, to the scriptures,

but your web site is not credible,

thank you

it brings up some very good points-that have been brought up elsewhere sinner. I find it amazing, you will believe the book of Enoch, over this site. The book of enoch is a mockery of the Bible, in every way and form, there are many contradictions-the most obvious, can even be pointed out by sites such as this. It is not the site that is not credible, it is the book of enoch, and anyone who falsely puts any faith in it at all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What is the Book of Jasher/Jashar and should it be in the Bible?"

Answer:
Also known as the “Book of the Upright One” in the Greek Septuagint and the “Book of the Just Ones” in the Latin Vulgate, the Book of Jasher was probably a collection or compilation of ancient Hebrew songs and poems praising the heroes of Israel and their exploits in battle. The Book of Jasher is mentioned in Joshua 10:12-13 when the Lord stopped the sun in the middle of the day during the battle of Beth Horon. It is also mentioned in 2 Samuel 1:18-27 as containing the Song or Lament of the Bow, that mournful funeral song which David composed at the time of the death of Saul and Jonathan.

The question is, if the Book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible, why was it left out of the canon of Scripture? We know that God directed the authors of the Scriptures to use passages from many and various extra-biblical sources in composing His Word. The passage recorded in Joshua 10:13 is a good example. In recording this battle, Joshua included passages from the Book of Jasher not because it was his only source of what occurred; rather, he was stating, in effect, “If you don’t believe what I’m saying, then go read it in the Book of Jasher. Even that book has a record of this event.”

There are other Hebrew works that are mentioned in the Bible that God directed the authors to use. Some of these include the Book of the Wars of the Lord (Numbers 21:14), the Book of Samuel the Seer, the Book of Nathan the Prophet, and the Book of Gad the Seer (1 Chronicles 29:29). Also, there are the Acts of Rehoboam and the Chronicles of the Kings of Judah (1 Kings 14:29). We also know that Solomon composed more than a thousand songs (1 Kings 4:32), yet only two are preserved in the book of Psalms (72 and 127). Writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament, Paul included a quotation from the Cretan poet Epimenides (Titus 1:12) and quoted from the poets Epimenides and Aratus in his speech at Athens (Acts 17:28).

The point is that the divine Author of the Bible used materials chosen from many different sources, fitting them into His grand design for the Scriptures. We must understand that history as recorded in the Bible did not occur in isolation. The people mentioned in the Bible interacted with other people. For example, though the Bible is clear that there is only one God, the Bible mentions a number of the gods people worshipped both within Israel and in the nations around. Similarly, as in Acts 17:28 and Titus 1:12, we sometimes find secular writers being quoted. This doesn't mean that these quoted writers were inspired. It simply means they happened to say something that was useful in making a point.

There is a book called “The Book of Jasher” today, although it is not the same book as mentioned in the Old Testament. It is an eighteenth-century forgery that alleges to be a translation of the “lost” Book of Jasher by Alcuin, an eighth-century English scholar. There is also a more recent book titled “The Book of Jashar” by science fiction and fantasy writer Benjamin Rosenbaum. This book is a complete work of fiction.

Another book by this same name, called by many “Pseudo-Jasher,” while written in Hebrew, is also not the “Book of Jasher” mentioned in Scripture. It is a book of Jewish legends from the creation to the conquest of Canaan under Joshua, but scholars hold that it did not exist before A.D. 1625. In addition, there are several other theological works by Jewish rabbis and scholars called “Sefer ha Yashar,” but none of these claim to be the original Book of Jasher.

In the end, we must conclude that the Book of Jasher mentioned in the Bible was lost and has not survived to modern times. All we really know about it is found in the two Scripture quotations mentioned earlier. The other books by that title are mere fictions or Jewish moral treatises.

http://www.gotquestions.org/book-of-Jasher.html

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

heres a quick run down of some of them, I could get into more, but, if history serves me right, people here will just crucify me for speaking the truth. This web page doesnt have all of them, but its a good place to start.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/book_of_enoch.htm

Thank you Patriot.  I will take a look at that.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

it brings up some very good points-that have been brought up elsewhere sinner. I find it amazing, you will believe the book of Enoch, over this site. The book of enoch is a mockery of the Bible, in every way and form, there are many contradictions-the most obvious, can even be pointed out by sites such as this. It is not the site that is not credible, it is the book of enoch, and anyone who falsely puts any faith in it at all.

I have not found anything against that I can see, but more definition, and more of in depth description to the bible , I know that web site, and its not very credible, and it does hold its own views that would conflict with scripture in the bible,

and so the book of Enoch,  is a book to be looked , at but it is up to the individual to take in what they believe and find to  be right or wrong, but I believe everyone would enjoy the reading of it forsure,

thank you patriot,

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

obviously you didnt even bother to open it or read it, or even do any actual research into on your own. I have read both the book of enoch, in depth, as well as the Bible, and found the book of enoch to be nothing but heresy. What is sad, is many believers to follow this book to the end, there are many believers on this site, who are so blinded by this book, that they ignore all reason, and all scripture to the contrary, and get downright violent in defense of this book. Anytime people get so "pro-active" in defending a non-canonical book, its typically a sure sign that the book is false, and satan is using it to divide the church. I would dare say it is more dangerous to a christian then the Quran, the Quran a christian knows to be false going in, but, the book of enoch mixes just enough truth in it to lure people into believing it, and then theyre hooked. Its the oldest trick in Satans arsenol-tell enough truth for people to believe you, and then they won't notice the lies until it is to late, Satan used this stunt in the garden with Adam and Eve.

In fact, I think you started this thread about Jasher, and even enoch, with the idea your already going to be biased for them, and are just looking for "justification" to do so, i.e. someone to pat you on the back. Im not going to do that, Im also not going to waste any more of my time trying to convince you otherwise-as you would obviously, rather believe the heretical book of enoch over the Word of God, and there is nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise. I will pray that you actually take the teachings of said book, and actually compare them, to the doctrines found in the Bible, and that God convicts you, but until such time, may the Lord bless you and keep you.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

31 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

obviously you didnt even bother to open it or read it, or even do any actual research into on your own. I have read both the book of enoch, in depth, as well as the Bible, and found the book of enoch to be nothing but heresy. What is sad, is many believers to follow this book to the end, there are many believers on this site, who are so blinded by this book, that they ignore all reason, and all scripture to the contrary, and get downright violent in defense of this book. Anytime people get so "pro-active" in defending a non-canonical book, its typically a sure sign that the book is false, and satan is using it to divide the church. I would dare say it is more dangerous to a christian then the Quran, the Quran a christian knows to be false going in, but, the book of enoch mixes just enough truth in it to lure people into believing it, and then theyre hooked. Its the oldest trick in Satans arsenol-tell enough truth for people to believe you, and then they won't notice the lies until it is to late, Satan used this stunt in the garden with Adam and Eve.

In fact, I think you started this thread about Jasher, and even enoch, with the idea your already going to be biased for them, and are just looking for "justification" to do so, i.e. someone to pat you on the back. Im not going to do that, Im also not going to waste any more of my time trying to convince you otherwise-as you would obviously, rather believe the heretical book of enoch over the Word of God, and there is nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise. I will pray that you actually take the teachings of said book, and actually compare them, to the doctrines found in the Bible, and that God convicts you, but until such time, may the Lord bless you and keep you.

Hello brother, I don't know why you are so angry and said all those , mean things,? but I have read the book of enoch, and I have the book of jasher, and for a little information,

I have the book of Mormons, the bible of the catholics and study bibles, I have the Qurans, and I have the hebraic roots bible ,I have the Jerusalem bible, I have the jewish bible, and I even have a masons bible,  I have all the catholic cateciism books, this is just to show you that I do not start anything with out study , and if I ask questions,?  they are valid,

and if I said that your web link is not credible, then let me show you , for you want show and tell, and I do not want you to think I am a false teacher, but I truly love the truth ,and the scriptures  and I put many hours into this, and so for your web link you have given for reference, please go to that sight, and put in rapture, and that should give you what they believe  and what there view, is, and that is proof enough,

I also want to say patriot, that , I am not here for any pats on the back, it is about Jesus and only jesus , and I am not about my self, but about defending and to bring the word of God to people, as we are commanded too , and in compassion and in love, so , I forgive you , and I hope you are understanding to my position on this , it was and never ever ,  about me,  but the information that the people and new believers need to help and guide them ,information for their walk with God,

so if you have taken anything I have said in offence, it was not meant that way ,

so peace to you , and thank you for saying you will pray for me, for its great to know that you will do that, prayers are our main tool and weapon, for the adversary , and it is as sweet aroma to God ,when we life up the prayers as incense to God, so we all need to give more prayers out , and pray ,

blessings to you patriot

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That explains it all ....

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

heres a quick run down of some of them, I could get into more, but, if history serves me right, people here will just crucify me for speaking the truth. This web page doesnt have all of them, but its a good place to start.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/book_of_enoch.htm

site also tells you to throw away your Bibles unless they are the KJV....

It also doesn't seem to distinguish between books 1 - 2 & 3. and few people I know would give any credence to Enoch 2 & 3.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Patriot, the first part of that link I looked at;

The Book of Enoch Teaches Heresy!

To the Biblically ignorant reader, the Book of Enoch might have an appeal; but to a believer grounded in the Scriptures, the Book of Enoch is packed full of heresy. For example:

We read in chapter 40 of the Book of Enoch...

1 And after that I saw thousands of thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, I saw a multitude
2 beyond number and reckoning, who stood before the Lord of Spirits. And on the four sides of the Lord of Spirits I saw four presences, different from those that sleep not, and I learnt their names: for the angel that went with me made known to me their names, and showed me all the hidden things.
3 And I heard the voices of those four presences as they uttered praises before the Lord of glory.
4 The first voice blesses the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.
5 And the second voice I heard blessing
6 the Elect One and the elect ones who hang upon the Lord of Spirits. And the third voice I heard pray and intercede for those who dwell on the earth and supplicate in the name of the Lord of Spirits.
7 And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord
8 of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden: ‘Who are these four presences which I have
9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days.

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God. 

The Bible never mentions Phanuel?  There must be MILLIONS of angels.  Too many to be counted. Maybe trillions who knows?

Hebrews 12:22   But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

So I don't find this odd that we were not given the name Phanuel?

Judging from what we've already been given in the scriptures, Each angel is in charge of a specific job.  There's order in God's kingdom!  There's rankings amongst the angels.

To give a few examples;

we know from Rev there's four angels who control the 4 winds.  That's their job.  We are not given their names.

Revelation 7:1   And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Revelation 7:2   And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

Something else I just picked up, the angel is ascending not descending, so he is here on earth working!  We are not given this angel's name?

There is also the angels of the 7 churches, each with one with a particular job.  No names mentioned.

And the angels of the 7 trumpets/Vials, each one with a particular job.  No names mentioned.

Revelation 8:13   And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

No name given for this angel too.

Now we do know that Michael was in charge of this battle, and he has angels under him.  No names given again.

Revelation 12:7   And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Revelation 21:12   And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

No names.

And this angel no name given speaks of Michael ONE of the CHIEF PRINCES.  So we know they have rankings.  Is he one of the 4 angels mentioned in Enoch?  Would have to be.

Daniel 10:13   But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

So I am just showing that so far, just because Phanuel's name is not given in the scriptures, does not mean he doesn't exist.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,,,

I do believe Patriot was just giving a quick reference to simply show some of the rather obvious discrepancies &/or contradictions,,,,,,,,,the source really is not even relevant when all you need do is look at what they say for yourself,,,,,,that is his whole point,anyone can see if they are really doing a comparison,,,,,,,

What I cannot understand is that whenever anyone disagrees they are automatically accused of being "angry",,,,,,,,Nobody is angry,Patriot is not angry,,,,,,,,that is a very passive aggressive statement & it needs to stop,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm hearing this a little too much and it is "name calling" & at the very least,,,,an assumption 

The Book of Jasher (the 1st) is a historical reference ,it is a good Study reference that must be read with discernment as anything we read,,,,,,,,not recommended for "babes",if anyone has a good Understanding of Gods Word then they can enhance their studies & research further,not without extensive knowledge in the Old & New Testament,,,,,,,it would not be good advice, imo.

Peace & Love to everyone,let's reason together & speak in love,,,,,,,,to God be the Glory       With love-in Christ,Kwik