IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

,Now the Pastor announces,,,,,We have put a "dress code" in place,,,,,,,,,men must wear suits & ladies must wear dresses! If you cannot afford it we will give you a gift certificate to help........What would you do? Would you leave or stay?.............Just curious.............

You ask me what I would do.  I would refuse it. I would come to church the next Sunday dresses as I want.  If they won't let me in then I would be on my way to finding a new church. But not before telling the pastor and who ever else what I think about church dress cods.  I would not want to be apart of a church that cares more about what people look like on the outside then on the in. While we are living in a world full of hate and hurting people, they are concern about dress code. It is suppose to be church. Not a country club. If their concern is on dress code it is not the place for me. I want to be part of a church that is concern about hurting and the lost. And doing things to reach out to such people. Not wasting time talking about how people should dress.  Do you know their are people who are afraid to attend church because they don't have anything nice to wear?  Do we need to further push people away from God by telling them they can't come here unless they follow the dress code? Did Jesus do that? Did Jesus tell people, you go get dressed up and then I will heal you? No! He most certainly did not! Tell me? Are Christians followers of Christ. Or are the members of a country club with a dress code to get in?  Thats what I would say. You know I would give them an ear full.

Thank you very much! :soapbox:

I would even stay if they handed out robes to be worn by the congregation,

I would bring a lightsaber so that I could look like a Jedi .:vader:

I know I went off on a bit of a rant. But this is a personal issue for me. My cousin when we were teenagers spent the summer with grandma. We would go to church together every Sunday. One Sunday we went and someone made fun of her clothes. She refused to go back to church until she could get new clothes. So the "dressing for church " thing is sort of a personal issue for me.

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

The reason for a dress code would be the same (or even more significant) as anywhere a dress code is applied. Since "casual" has been taken to extremes, even restaurants say "No shirt, no shoes, no service".

But this is a church. Not a restaurant. All should be welcomed and served no matter what.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

12 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I would bring a lightsaber so that I could look like a Jedi .:vader:

:24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

You ask me what I would do.  I would refuse it. I would come to church the next Sunday dresses as I want.  If they won't let me in then I would be on my way to finding a new church. But not before telling the pastor and who ever else what I think about church dress cods.  I would not want to be apart of a church that cares more about what people look like on the outside then on the in. While we are living in a world full of hate and hurting people, they are concern about dress code. It is suppose to be church. Not a country club. If their concern is on dress code it is not the place for me. I want to be part of a church that is concern about hurting and the lost. And doing things to reach out to such people. Not wasting time talking about how people should dress.  Do you know their are people who are afraid to attend church because they don't have anything nice to wear?  Do we need to further push people away from God by telling them they can't come here unless they follow the dress code? Did Jesus do that? Did Jesus tell people, you go get dressed up and then I will heal you? No! He most certainly did not! Tell me? Are Christians followers of Christ. Or are the members of a country club with a dress code to get in?  Thats what I would say. You know I would give them an ear full.

Thank you very much! :soapbox:

I so agree, LK.  As long as one is not dressed inapropriately, i.e., letting it all hang out, I would never judge someone on their clothes.  Church is not a fashion show.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,237
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Well if we are to have the mind of Christ... and we are! God does not look on the external
so where is our motivation coming from to do so?  Love, Steven

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 hours ago, Snow said:

As long as the Pastor speaks a good word from God I would stay, as i don't have any strong opinions in this area and can see both viewpoints...I would even stay if they handed out robes to be worn by the congregation, maybe that would solve the issue..Praise the Lord it is All about Him!!!

Amen Snow, always about Jesus.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

6 hours ago, Thallasa said:

This is mainly an American thing I think ,as jeans until recently would never have been worn by people in Europe except as working ,I mean under the car , in the factory, on the farm etc.  I loathe them myself . No I would not go to a Church where people were too lazy to make a small effort  when it is feasable ,to look clean neat and as if they cared . 

But then that's normal here .

Yes even in a pair of jeans you have to at least look clean and neat.  It is possible you know Thallasa.  

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Some interesting replies. Loved Snow`s answer though - all to the Lord.

When I was young we couldn`t wear jeans at the church meeting or even at Teacher`s college. Also no make up, jewellery, skirts of certain lengths etc etc. Now personally for me at a public church meeting I like to wear a dress or skirt, as I don`t think pants, jeans look good, (bottoms, legs etc) at close quarters. :o However as most of my friends meet in houses we are obviously more relaxed.

Marilyn.