• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You are right that paragraph headings, numberings and all of that are all modern, but helpful, additions, but either you are not applying that idea, paying proper attention to the details of the text, or your Bible looks nothing like mine.

The discourse does not end with verse 35, I cannot imagine how you are concluding that. The very fact that verse 36 begins with "about that day or hour" demonstrates that He is continueing, build on what He already said. In fact the reality is that if you pay attention to the text, the discourse does not end until Matt 25:46, and Matt 26:1 points it our with:

When Jesus had finished all these words.

I knew you would try to find some way to wiggle out of the obvious, but I was curious to see what you would try. Keep your viewpoint if it is that important to you, but in my opinion, you should do so while being honest with the text.

Now, it is common among pre-tribbers to assert that the Olivet discourse was directed at Jews and not intended for the church (I do not agree, but it is a position that can be maintained without grasping at straws), I am not sure I have ever run across one, who claimed that the Olivet discourse just sort of ended almost mid breath.

I'd say nice try, but it is not among your best, or even up to your usual standards. Thanks though, I do think it does the readers of the forums a service, when they can see our flaws, and our prejudices over-powering sound exegesis. Whether it is you, or I, or someone else, sometimes we can be examples of how NOT to handle the word of God.

Hi Omegaman,

People can talk details till the cows come home but until God`s purposes through Christ are discussed then they are not relating them to the overall purpose of God. All scripture is to reveal Christ, His character & His purposes. The most prevalent error today, I see, is that because we are in the `Body of Christ` time then people tend to read God`s word as all about US, when it is all about CHRIST.

Know Him & His purposes & then all else comes into right focus.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

26 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

People can talk details till the cows come home but until God`s purposes through Christ are discussed then they are not relating them to the overall purpose of God. All scripture is to reveal Christ, His character & His purposes. The most prevalent error today, I see, is that because we are in the `Body of Christ` time then people tend to read God`s word as all about US, when it is all about CHRIST.

Know Him & His purposes & then all else comes into right focus.

That is an interesting theory Marilyn, but personally, I do not subscribe to your approach.

I do not personally, think that you begin with the purpose of God to see what scripture reveals, I think one properlybgins with what scripture reveals, is when it reveals God;s purposes, you accept them.

Too many people are far too capable of imagining what God's purpose is in something, and then filter passages through the filter, of what they imagine God's purpose is. I like the courage (or in my case the presumptuousness) to start with the purpose and do what I see as working backwards. No offense inteneded, but that is why I mostly ignore your posts, if you have noticed, I think the premise is flawed, but that is just me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That is an interesting theory Marilyn, but personally, I do not subscribe to your approach.

I do not personally, think that you begin with the purpose of God to see what scripture reveals, I think one properlybgins with what scripture reveals, is when it reveals God;s purposes, you accept them.

Too many people are far too capable of imagining what God's purpose is in something, and then filter passages through the filter, of what they imagine God's purpose is. I like the courage (or in my case the presumptuousness) to start with the purpose and do what I see as working backwards. No offense inteneded, but that is why I mostly ignore your posts, if you have noticed, I think the premise is flawed, but that is just me.

Hi Omegaman,

Yes I had noticed but am not concerned as one day I will again challenge the post trib people to a debate. Just laying some foundation for people to think about - the purposes of God. And contrary to what you think the purposes of God are written in His word for us to know.

Now every blindfolded person can talk about the details of the creature before them as one feels the great ears, another feels the tail, (you probably know the picture), however it is only when we see the elephant as a whole do we understand what the details are for.

Nice chatting with you Omegaman, & maybe one day you`ll want to debate, even out of curiosity, & not just because you were busy, as last time.:rolleyes: (cheeky)

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

53 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Nice chatting with you Omegaman, & maybe one day you`ll want to debate, even out of curiosity, & not just because you were busy, as last time.:rolleyes: (cheeky)

Maybe,but you might have to wait until the other side of eternity. ;) One thing I like about you, at least you are not combative!

Thanks Omegaman & Hi inchrist, long time no chat.

Anyway fellas you are all so nice & friendly who could be combative when we have the Holy Spirit to bring all the corrections. We are all plodding along this journey till glory, & sharing what we believe to be truth, but it is the Lord, our Head who will have the final say, so all`s good bros. Not a competition but a submission to let Him bring the truth in His timing.

All love in the Lord, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The discourse does not end with verse 35, I cannot imagine how you are concluding that. The very fact that verse 36 begins with "about that day or hour" demonstrates that He is continueing, build on what He already said. In fact the reality is that if you pay attention to the text, the discourse does not end until Matt 25:46, and Matt 26:1 points it our with:

Omegaman

If you are correct in what you say:  "What happens Immediately after the distress of those days: (Matt 24:29).  Now I have you between a rock and a hard place.  If you say the 2nd Coming, you lose the argument of the meaning of "Only God the Father Knows".  Because now you have a known period of distress (a red flag) before the 2nd Coming.  If you say the Rapture, you lose your argument, because now you have pinpointed a time that "Only God the Father Knows" and you have tied the two together.

Now if you say that v.30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn.  They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds.....".  If you tie this to the Rapture; then "Only God the Father Knowing" should not even be in the Scriptures.  One cannot have it both ways.

I know this is a double take, but see the word event:  So "Only God the Father Knowing" cannot be tied to anything before v.35.  For they are all known and timed events with red flags before them.  So "Only God the Father Knowing" must be tied to an event not discussed in 1-35.  So it must be tied to the Rapture.  A hiatus so to speak during the Discourse.  So the Rapture should have between v.10 - At that time many will turn away from the faith (present time and an event of unknown duration) to and including the Second Coming which are known events.  Yet I choose a time which cannot be calculated.  And many of you choose a time which is calculated by prior events.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

We are not in the days of "Noah" yet. It has not even begun. When the 6th seal is broken and all of the 4 horses of Revelation ride....it will begin to get like the day of Noah. The economy collapse, the murdering, the plundering, the famine, disease. It has not even started yet.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse correspond to the "beginning of sorrows" as found in Matthew 24.  Also the 6th seal events will occur after the Great Tribulation.

WHITE HORSE

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

RED HORSE

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

BLACK HORSE AND PALE HORSE

and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

SIXTH SEAL

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

JG Hemlock

The one who rides the white horse with the bow in his hand is the Pope. Why is the rider only carrying a bow without an arrow? Who could ride out and conquer and be bent on conquest with no actual weapon such as an arrow to kill and destroy? Who would carry a pistol for protection but have no 'bullets' inside?

Please post Scripture to back up your statement above. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Why are the names of the quoted posters not showing up in the quote boxes???

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Why are the names of the quoted posters not showing up in the quote boxes???

I don't know but can I quote _____ on that :blink: