IGNORED

Warning: Absolutely positive thread ahead!

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

I think I will keep my gifts between God and myself. I am thankful to God for every gift He has given me and I Praise Him.

And that's okay too, peep.  I haven't revealed some of mine either because I'm not sure about them.

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Glory,,,

Oh,my dear Sister,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you have the most wonderful Gifts of all,LOVE ,,,,you have a heart the size of Texas & we know everything is BIGGER in Texas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,plus,you have a talent for writing,you write & express yourself beautifully for the Glory of our King,,,,,,

Also,until you asked Lavender if she has a way with animals I didn't know how to explain this other "special Gift" God has given me since I was a wee little baby.....................As you know I am a professional animal trainer,I have always thanked God for giving me a special ability to connect with His creatures(great & small),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in all my years of working with animals I've always prayed  over them & asked God for His Blessing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in every single thing we do we can & should see the opportunities to spread the Gospel & reflect the love of Christ,,,,,,,,I can't begin to tell you how many people had to hear all about Jesus if they hired me to work with their animal-lol     I met many Christians along the way & also non-Christians but you can find (as I mentioned earlier) those "Ministry Moments" EVERYWHERE,if you just "look"

I am not really in the habit of saying" I can do this or that" but I have Jesus living in me and I truly believe I can do anything I set out to do ,,,,because of Him!!!!!! I was Gifted as an athlete as a young girl & on to adulthood,I mentioned that God makes me FEARLESS and I think "fear" is probably the obstacle that many people may have difficulty with ,perhaps they have many GIFTS that have never surfaced because of it?You yourself said"Oooh,I would never be able to hold all those plates as the waitress did,why not? Simply because you would be afraid of dropping everyone's dinner-lol   You may be very good at it if someone showed you how & told you"Don't worry about the plates,we have plenty of them"   You see?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Readers,,,,,,,,,many people have GIFTS yet to be discovered,remember that the enemy comes to steal,kill & destroy,,,,,,,,,,,he has no legal r ight to mess with any Christian,he is an opportunists & waits to catch us off guard,be on your toes & stay awake    My message is this,I encourage everyone ,,,,,if there is something you would love to be able to do & your hearts desire is to give God Glory,,,ask God,try it,trust God,,,,,,you will be amazed what He has just FOR YOU!!!!!!

Amen, Kwik. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Can you crochet? Are you good at math? Do you have a green thumb?  Can you relate to animals?  Can you solve puzzles faster than others?  Can you play an instrument?  Do people come to you for advice?  A gift from God may be evident to all but the giftee!

No to just about all of these.  I think I can relate to animals but Kwik is obviously talented at it  (I'm not an animal trainer or anything).  I grew up on a farm and love animals.  I especially love dogs.  This may be nothing special I don't have anything to compare it with but I might be good with shy dogs. 

I rescued my late Rhodesian Ridgeback cross from the pound as a 3 months old pup who was hiding towards the back of the enclosure but when I put my hand through she went and snuggled her head into my hand.  She must have been abused as it turned out that she was terrified of men.  She got better with time and overcame this although she never liked strange men.   

Another time I drove about 4 hours away, looking to adopt a dog, (she wasn't a timid dog but not social with strangers either).  I told the women that I was going to completely ignore her dog for a little while (even though I love them).  The owner sat on a couch, I sat on a different couch next to her and we just chatted away about her dog.  The dog checked me out in her own time and then decided to lie across my feet.  Apparently she didn't normally do that.   

When we went and got our current small dog as a puppy a year ago, the reputable breeder told me about how she rescued the puppy's mum from a really bad situation.  Unfortunately she was quite timid with strangers as a result.  We got to meet the mum dog in her dining/ lounge area which was big.  Although the mum was shy she ended up coming up to me as I was crouched down and she put her front feet up on my legs and then she sniffed me in the face.  (I'm not sure if this was because I ate a tin of salmon within and hour of meeting her).  Anyway I don't know if these are normal things that happen to other dog lovers or not.  What does anyone think?

Otherwise some people ask me questions about stuff they want to know about which they know I have some knowledge on as I read about those topics.  If I don't know the answer I'm happy to look it up for them on the internet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi MG,

Great thread. Obviously I have to post a scripture, don`t I. :rolleyes:

`....Christ, from whom the whole body , joined & knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes the growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. ` (Eph. 4: 16)

So MG you are helping to cause the growth of the body in love. Great. Can`t resist this scripture also -

`  ...& not holding fast to the head, from whom all the body, nourished & knit together by joints & ligaments, grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 19)

Thanks MG for the topic for it is helping us get a better picture of each other. OK. Now my giftings -

music, teaching, encouragement, prophetic, mentoring,

Blessings all, Marilyn. 

22 hours ago, Lavender said:

No to just about all of these.  I think I can relate to animals but Kwik is obviously talented at it  (I'm not an animal trainer or anything).  I grew up on a farm and love animals.  I especially love dogs.  This may be nothing special I don't have anything to compare it with but I might be good with shy dogs. 

I rescued my late Rhodesian Ridgeback cross from the pound as a 3 months old pup who was hiding towards the back of the enclosure but when I put my hand through she went and snuggled her head into my hand.  She must have been abused as it turned out that she was terrified of men.  She got better with time and overcame this although she never liked strange men.   

Another time I drove about 4 hours away, looking to adopt a dog, (she wasn't a timid dog but not social with strangers either).  I told the women that I was going to completely ignore her dog for a little while (even though I love them).  The owner sat on a couch, I sat on a different couch next to her and we just chatted away about her dog.  The dog checked me out in her own time and then decided to lie across my feet.  Apparently she didn't normally do that.   

When we went and got our current small dog as a puppy a year ago, the reputable breeder told me about how she rescued the puppy's mum from a really bad situation.  Unfortunately she was quite timid with strangers as a result.  We got to meet the mum dog in her dining/ lounge area which was big.  Although the mum was shy she ended up coming up to me as I was crouched down and she put her front feet up on my legs and then she sniffed me in the face.  (I'm not sure if this was because I ate a tin of salmon within and hour of meeting her).  Anyway I don't know if these are normal things that happen to other dog lovers or not.  What does anyone think?

Otherwise some people ask me questions about stuff they want to know about which they know I have some knowledge on as I read about those topics.  If I don't know the answer I'm happy to look it up for them on the internet.

So...you're an animal AND a people person!  These are MAJOR gifts, Lavender.  Every being on the planet is one or the other so you're very blessed indeed.  You have the empathy, understanding and desire to help and to encourage; these are what God has bestowed upon you.  These gifts are a big deal; I personally am not an encourager and tend to be impatient but I admire people who have these abilities.  I love animals too, btw, and I know that animals do NOT relate to everyone the way you describe.  Thanks for sharing that; you put a smile on my face during a difficult day.

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi MG,

Great thread. Obviously I have to post a scripture, don`t I. :rolleyes:

`....Christ, from whom the whole body , joined & knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes the growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. ` (Eph. 4: 16)

So MG you are helping to cause the growth of the body in love. Great. Can`t resist this scripture also -

`  ...& not holding fast to the head, from whom all the body, nourished & knit together by joints & ligaments, grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 19)

Thanks MG for the topic for it is helping us get a better picture of each other. OK. Now my giftings -

music, teaching, encouragement, prophetic, mentoring,

Blessings all, Marilyn. 

I'm happy to see that you KNOW that God has blessed you with these things, Marilynn.  I might add you are very articulate as well.  Thanks for sharing your gifts with us. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

30 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

So...you're an animal AND a people person!  These are MAJOR gifts, Lavender.  Every being on the planet is one or the other so you're very blessed indeed.  You have the empathy, understanding and desire to help and to encourage; these are what God has bestowed upon you.  These gifts are a big deal; I personally am not an encourager and tend to be impatient but I admire people who have these abilities.  I love animals too, btw, and I know that animals do NOT relate to everyone the way you describe.  Thanks for sharing that; you put a smile on my face during a difficult day.

Sorry to hear you're having a difficult day.  Thank you for your kind and uplifting words.  Your thread is positive and encouraging of others.  It's nice to focus on the positive when we are often bombarded with negativity, especially on the news.

God bless you MorningGlory.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

On 4/29/2016 at 11:53 AM, MorningGlory said:

Are you a good talker?  Can you stand on your head and sing 'Dixie'?  We all have special abilities, O.C.  Mine is the ability to remember numbers.  I can remember account numbers, routing numbers, part numbers, phone numbers, whatever; even years later.  Which is a good thing since I'm a process engineer.  And yet I'm always running into people that I recognize but their names are lost in the fog!  :blink:

I'm a good listener and can sing Dixie a number of different ways except standing on my head.  I can play guitar and I've written several songs.  I oil paint and make beads from polymer clay.  I can remember faces but can't remember names and I think I'm a cat whisperer :D 

5 hours ago, Lavender said:

Sorry to hear you're having a difficult day.  Thank you for your kind and uplifting words.  Your thread is positive and encouraging of others.  It's nice to focus on the positive when we are often bombarded with negativity, especially on the news.

God bless you MorningGlory.

May He bless you as well, Lavender. I'm in agreement on leaning on the positive instead of listening to the world all the time.  What God made is beautiful and we don't have to let the world hold us down.

3 hours ago, Openly Curious said:

I'm a good listener and can sing Dixie a number of different ways except standing on my head.  I can play guitar and I've written several songs.  I oil paint and make beads from polymer clay.  I can remember faces but can't remember names and I think I'm a cat whisperer :D 

Goodness, O.C.!  So you have musical ability?  That's one I didn't get, nothing, zilch.  You have figured out your gifts and seem to be making the most of them; all to His glory.  Do you mean you can communicate with cats?  I love my little felines but they won't do anything I want them to do.  That's one I wish I had.  I'm beginning to see that I am among very gifted people.  :)