• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

We`ll just have to watch the rebuilding of the city of Babylon over the next few years.

Ok, the 2 wars –

1. The Russian Federation –

` I (God) will turn you around & put hooks into your jaws........Gog,....Gomer & many peoples....Persia, Ethiopia & Libya....you will come from your place out of the far north...` (Ez. 38: 1 – 6, & 15)

2. All the kings of the earth – Armageddon.

`For they are the spirits of demons....which go out to the kings of the earth, & of the whole earth, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty – Armageddon.` (Rev. 16: 14 & 16)

Looks quite different to me. What do you see?

Marilyn.

Yes, I too believe Armageddon is not Ezekiel 38/39 (Gog and Magog)

however, I need a little more convincing Gog and Magog of Ezekiel 38 is not the same as Gog and Magog of Rev 20.  Bopeeps post looks interesting. I will need to review that again slowly. 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On June 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM, missmuffet said:

Gog and Magog. I see that there are two different events.

It is important to recognize that the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 is quite different from the one in Revelation 20:7-8. Below are some of the more obvious reasons why these refer to different people and battles.

1. In the battle of Ezekiel 38-39, the armies come primarily from the north and involve only a few nations of the earth (Ezekiel 38:6, 15; 39:2). The battle in Revelation 20:7-9 will involve all nations, so armies will come from all directions, not just from the north.

2. There is no mention of Satan in the context of Ezekiel 38-39. In Revelation 20:7 the context clearly places the battle at the end of the millennium with Satan as the primary character.

3. Ezekiel 39:11-12 states that the dead will be buried for seven months. There would be no need to bury the dead if the battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is the one described in Revelation 20:8-9, for immediately following Revelation 20:8-9 is the Great White Throne judgment (20:11-15) and then the current or present heaven and earth are destroyed, replaced by a new heaven and earth (Revelation 21:1). There obviously will be a need to bury the dead if the battle takes place in the early part of the tribulation, for the land of Israel will be occupied for another 1,000 years, the length of the millennial kingdom (Revelation 20:4-6).

4. The battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is used by God to bring Israel back to Him (Ezekiel 39:21-29). In Revelation 20, Israel has been faithful to God for 1,000 years (the millennial kingdom). Those in Revelation 20:7-10 who are rebellious are destroyed without any more opportunity for repentance.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Gog-Magog.html

Yes yes yes! 

Two very different wars no doubt.  The Ezekiel war- God is the man!  He puts the hook into Gogs nose before he wipes him out. Gog thought he was going to do some plundering. Yeah right!

the Gog war in Revelation 20 is all about Satans last hurrah as he is released just to see who on earth is really faithful to God and who,is merely a pretender. No plundering here. No hook in nose here.  

And yes, Ezekiel is definitely not Armageddon.  Trust Spock on this one if you are a wee bit confused. If you need more proof other than trust in me, ask and ye shall receive. I'm only a post away. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Well said, missmuffet & Spock. I agree.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 6/9/2016 at 0:57 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

We`ll just have to watch the rebuilding of the city of Babylon over the next few years.

Ok, the 2 wars –

1. The Russian Federation –

` I (God) will turn you around & put hooks into your jaws........Gog,....Gomer & many peoples....Persia, Ethiopia & Libya....you will come from your place out of the far north...` (Ez. 38: 1 – 6, & 15)

2. All the kings of the earth – Armageddon.

`For they are the spirits of demons....which go out to the kings of the earth, & of the whole earth, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty – Armageddon.` (Rev. 16: 14 & 16)

Looks quite different to me. What do you see?

Marilyn.

Regarding your first point, note that those nations are not just northern, Ethiopia and Libya are from the south of Israel.  Persia from the east. So the Gog confederation is from all over.

Regarding your second point, the bible is Israel-centric. The centre of the world is the Middle East. The word "earth" has a primary meaning of "land" and not "planet earth" in both the original Greek and the English of the KJV. Other translations have since used the word "earth" after it changed its meaning from land/soil in the King James era,  to mean "planet earth".   This current usage of the word "earth" as a translation for the Greek word "ge" is wrong, because a true commitment to the original Greek would reveal a wider meaning of the word as land/soil/earth's continents rather than "planet earth"..  

Joel 2 also describes this northern army, but in context of the second coming/day of the Lord.  And so the northern army of Gog with its allies from all over, could very well be the same army as that of the day of the Lord/Armageddon. There are multiple matching facts between the Ezekiel 38/39 war and the final war of Armageddon, not least which is the repentance of a sinful Israel as described in Joel 2 and Ezekiel 39. 

Edited by ARGOSY

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 7/19/2016 at 2:16 AM, Marilyn C said:

Well said, missmuffet & Spock. I agree.

Marilyn.

I also agree the  Ezekiel war does not match the war of rev 20, although I do believe it matches Armageddon. Regarding your opening post, I would tend to say he will appear Jewish.   I doubt he will be Jewish but he will appear Jewish. Possibly an Ashkenazi Jew of Khazarian/Ukrainian  origin rather than Israeli origin.   Jesus warns of false Messiahs around the time of the tribulation (Matthew 24). His audience understood the title of "Messiah" to mean a victorious Jewish king. So we will see more than one false Jewish leader come to prominence soon.

Edited by ARGOSY

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If the antichrist is the beast that comes from the abyss,  It seems to me that it/he/she is not human at all, but a fallen angel.

The center of the earth, land mass wise, is the location of the great pyramid (according to several books I have read in the past).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/16/2016 at 11:20 PM, Marilyn C said:

I believe that the anti-Christ is a Gentile.

His nationality is Assyrian, & He is called the King of the North.

Your assumption is that no Assyrian can be a Jew.  Bible history proves otherwise.  The Jews were integrated into Assyria and Babylon a long time ago.  Hence the Babylonian Talmud. And there are multiple biblical reasons why the Antichrist MUST BE a Jew.  The basic reason is that if the true Christ was a Jew, then his counterfeit must also be a Jew.

BTW, in Daniel *king of the north* pertains to Syria while *king of the south* pertains to Egypt (relative to the land Israel).  These successors of Alexander the Great were constantly at war with each other.

Here is something that might fit into what you all are discussing..

http://shoebat.com/2015/03/30/SHOCKING-MUSLIMS-ARE-NOW-DECLARING-ERDOGAN-AS-GOD/

As shocking as it may be, Erdogan is being proclaimed as God amongst diehard leaders in Turkey. And if in doubt, read this (link here) Erdogan proclaimed himself as God.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Does it matter?

Good question, I am supposing the Holy Spirit will identify him to us all when the time comes.