IGNORED

Someone said, The Bible says that God has no form, no image.

HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We are told that the Word (Jesus) is the Creator of the heavens and the Earth, and everything that was made.  John 1, Colossians 1 NKJV

Col 1:15  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Col 1:16  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Col 1:17  And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Col 1:18  And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Col 1:19  For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

There are three heavens plus the cosmos we dwell in: four basic realms. God can manifest his Person in each of them, but in different manners -- each suitable to the specific realm. So yes, God has a spirit-body; also a light-body, a soul-body, and a body of flesh (that is, Jesus).

But all of these "forms" are only manners of expression of His Divinity, which itself is beyond all form.

For a human being to be able see God in one of His heavenly forms, that human must be especially prepared to do so by a Divine dispensation. Otherwise, none of the heavenly forms are able to be seen by men. For example, to see God in his spirit-form, a man must be seeing from out of his own spirit-body; something we cannot at present do, without Divine intervention.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

God does not have a "spirit body."   That is not anywhere included in Scripture.   God does not sit on a throne because God is a spirit.  God is an omniscient spirit which precludes him being limited to the confines of any kind of body.  I mean come on, this basic doctrine/theology about the nature of God.  "Sitting on a throne"  is an anthropomorphic reference to his authority and nothing more.

So you keep saying while ignoring these and many more Scriptures;

God does not sit on a throne?

Rev 4:2, "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

Rev 4:3, And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the  throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Rev 4:4, And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 4:5, And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev 4:6, And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Rev 4:9, And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne who liveth for ever and ever,

Rev 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Rev 5:1, And I saw in the RIGHT HAND OF HIM that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Rev 5:6, And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev 5:7, And he came and took the book out of the right hand of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:11, And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the  throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Rev 5:13, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the FACE of Him that sitteth on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 7:9, After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10, And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11, And all the angels stood round about  the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev 7:15, Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: AND HE THAT SITTETH ON THE THRONE shall dwell among them.

How many more Scriptures do you need to get the point that God has a throne and God must have a spirit body to sit on His throne?

So answer me this;

The parrot is waiting, . . . . . . . . can you show me where God says, anywhere in Scripture, "I AM WITHOUT FORM,"  OR "I AM WITHOUT IMAGE."?

I have shown dozens where God appeared before men, where He sits on an throne, if you read them at all, so how it, how about backing up your statement, God saying, "GOD IS WITHOUT FORM,"  OR EVEN  "GOD IS WITHOUT IMAGE."? Just one will do and I will investigate it.

If you can happen to find one somewhere, and its ligit. we will tray and figure out in who's image and likeness were are created in?

Gen 1:26, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: .  .  .  .  " ? I hope God was not telling porkies here?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, Ezra said:

While Scripture says that God is a Spirit, Scripture also shows God sitting upon His throne. So we could reasonably conclude that God the Father has a Spirit Body.  In the passage from Daniel 9:9-14 below, God the Father is called "the Ancient of Days" whereas the pre-incarnate Son of Man is called "one like the Son of Man".

9 I  beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Saying that God sits on His throne does not mean that God has a Body in the way we interpret Body. The OT sometimes uses anthropomorphisms to make a point in a way mortal humans can grasp.

What we do know is God is Spirit. God is everywhere and knows everything and hears millions of prayers from all over the world at the same time. God is infinite.

A body is not infinite and can not be everywhere as a body has boundaries.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Saying that God sits on His throne does not mean that God has a Body in the way we interpret Body. The OT sometimes uses anthropomorphism to make a point in a way mortal humans can grasp.

What we do know is God is Spirit. God is everywhere and knows everything and hears millions of prayers from all over the world at the same time. God is infinite.

A body is not infinite and can not be everywhere as a body has boundaries.

Well, Jesus has a body now and it appears to me that he has these same attributes, so I don't think I can agree with you.....    but we don't have direct information to disagree with you either......    but I don't follow your logic in this post.

I also find that some people use anthropomorphism tag on things to prove something they believe that may not be the case just because it is used somewhere else....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, other one said:

Well, Jesus has a body now and it appears to me that he has these same attributes, so I don't think I can agree with you.....    but we don't have direct information to disagree with you either......    but I don't follow your logic in this post.

Jesus has or had a glorified body, but He is also Spirit.

Col 1:27to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

What does Christ in us mean? It certainly can't mean that His body is in us, but that His Spirit is in us. Considering Jesus is in millions of Christians, that to me implies that He lacks boundaries as we have limits and can only be one place at a time.

It is hard to comprehend how a limitless Spirit can be contained in a body, but clearly when Jesus was on earth, He was in the flesh. However, after His glorified body, He is again limitless and His Spirit no longer has the boundaries of a body.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Col 1:27to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

What does Christ in us mean? It certainly can't mean that His body is in us, but that His Spirit is in us. Considering Jesus is in millions of Christians, that to me implies that He lacks boundaries as we have limits and can only be one place at a time.

It is hard to comprehend how a limitless Spirit can be contained in a body, but clearly when Jesus was on earth, He was in the flesh. However, after His glorified body, He is again limitless and His Spirit no longer has the boundaries of a body.

with Jesus being in us, I do believe that you are speaking of being through the Holy Spirit....   He is our contact with Jesus.   I am not saying that Jesus still has a human body, but he does have a body that has form.....   did so when he interfaced with Moses and does now, John describes him in Revelation.   And it is not difficult to understand for me at all....   

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Saying that God sits on His throne does not mean that God has a Body in the way we interpret Body. The OT sometimes uses anthropomorphisms to make a point in a way mortal humans can grasp

The description in Daniel is NOT an anthropomorphism at all. His throne, His garment, His head, His hair, and His eyes are all mentioned, just as Christ is described in Revelation chapter 1 (and the resemblance is remarkable). No one would call this description below as an anthropomorphism:

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

God the Father is a Spirit Being of Light seated on His throne (called the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD). Ezekiel further confirms this in Ezekiel 1:26-28:

26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

26 minutes ago, other one said:

I also find that some people use anthropomorphism tag on things to prove something they believe that may not be the case just because it is used somewhere else....

Exactly.  When we read of "the arm of the LORD" in connection with His almighty power, that is an anthropomorphism, since God exercises His power in other ways, not using His arms.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

After Jesus was resurrected, and returned to the Father in Heaven, and came back to the Earth that very day, Jesus Himself appeared to the disciples in a closed windowless room and told doubting Thomas this,  that He no longer is a spirit; read it for yourself and believe what He says about Himself.

Luke 24:36, And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

V. 37, But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

V. 38, And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

V. 39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye se me have.

He now has a glorified flesh and bone body with the scares to prove it forever,

Zec. 13:6 "And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends."