angels4u

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hoddie has been banned from this thread and will be issued a warning point as a result of several posts that were demeaning or insulting to other members.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Sadly this is where the RCC got its queen of heaven worship from and God did not condone this;

Jer. 7:18The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen2 of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jer. 44:17, But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen5 of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

Jer. 44:18, But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

Jer. 44:19, And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

Jer. 44:25. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

53 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I think that the fact that the thread migrated the way it has goes to show that there is indeed some level of disunity in "the Church".

And this disunity is in the source, aim, views etc., that are mentioned in the OP.

Protestants need to understand that the RCC has been the prominent stewards in Church history and indeed has lead the way and blazed new trails

for the Church that is today... which btw is broken and in disunity.

We must pay respect for the RCC for being what they were in "our" history. And the hatred and demonizing that comes from many protestant

members, here on Worthy as is elsewhere, does nothing for the Glory of Christ in our responsibility to get along with our Brothers/Sisters in Christ.

It's rather a shameful place that Christianity is in right now... it shows that we're in the End Times. When we can't even have civil discussions

about our different points of view about how to live out our Faith in Christ, while allowing others' to live out quite different ways of life in Christ.

We must pay respect for the RCC for being what they were in "our" history. And the hatred and demonizing that comes from many protestant

Let,s forget denominations as we are all one body with many members , at all times we should be able to discuss topics with respect and if somebody too upset to post a respectful reply , I would suggest just walk away from the computer..

You said there are many hateful comments against the RC , we could say the same from the RC against the Protestant and this should not be so,we should be able to give our opinions without making personal hateful remarks but there can be no compromising for the truth..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

If your not a member of this church, your in the wrong one, according to Scripture, its that simple.

Paul never taught Jesus + some church brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus + certain sacraments brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus plus legalism brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus + purgatory brings salvation, Paul never taught circumcision brings salvation, Paul taught only Jesus + nothing else brings salvation.
We cannot do anything, or add anything to all Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit did to save mankind. 
All we need do is believe in Him and in Him who sent Him.
Galatians 1: 6, I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    7, Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    8, But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    9, As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
    10, For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
    11, But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
    12, For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name?  The new Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.
The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universial family of God. The church in this sense is the body of Christ, and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. It is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings. It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.
The church is a supernatural body of believers filled with the presence and power of God as individuals conform to the gospel of Christ. The church is like a family in its social life, yet is unlike a family in its formation. Each local church is a part of the universal church in the broad sense.  However there are many in local churches that do not belong to the body of Christ, and therefore they are not a true part of the universal church of the New Testament.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

52 minutes ago, HAZARD said:
The Roman Catholic Church went whole-hog crazy over obelisks.  They virtually stripped Egypt of its plentiful supply, shipping them to Rome, and erecting them everywhere.  The  Pope bought the most famous Egyptian obelisk of all time, Cleopatra's Needle.  When he had brought it into Rome, he designed it so it would sit right in the middle of the 8-Fold Path of Enlightenment, right in St. Peter's Basilica.  In this way, the Pope is in perfect position to "face the obelisk" daily, as many times as he wants to.

Z 94..jpg

Z 96..gif

Where have I seen this before?

veg-a-matic.jpg

As Sigmund Freud is alleged to have said: "Sometimes a Cigar Is Just a Cigar!

Also, I am going to make a wild guess (from the circle of flags around it) that that drawing of the obelisk, is not from the vatican, nor from Egypt, but is of the Washington Monument in D.C. Iroonically, or coincidently, in 1854, an anti-immigrant, anti-Catholic activist group called the Know Nothings became angry that Pope Pius IX had donated a block of stone from the ancient Roman Temple of Concord for the monument. 

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Where have I seen this before?

veg-a-matic.jpg

As Sigmund Freud is alleged to have said: "Sometimes a Cigar Is Just a Cigar!

I hope that is some sort of food preparation device, lol.

That is the Popiel Veg-a-Matic, heavily advertized in the 60's and maybe 70's on TV ads, almost reminescent of the home shopping network - 

"It slices, it dices, it maked Julienne fries!"

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That is the Popiel Veg-a-Matic, heavily advertized in the 60's and maybe 70's on TV ads, almost reminescent of the home shopping network - 

"It slices, it dices, it maked Julienne fries!"

Ah, the guy with the bald spot hair spray and the pasta maker, lol.

4 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Ah, the guy with the bald spot hair spray and the pasta maker, lol.

I think you are right, he might have pushed a scalp paint. Not long ago, I saw a new version of that idea, where it appeared you could even fluff the stuff up, to be fuzzy. However,  this is a bit off the topic of Christian unity, it is just hard to resist how everything can become a conspiracy of some sort.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

48 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Really woundeddog.... I thought you were smarter than that...

once again it seems that the Roman Catholic apologists best weapon is to demean the intelligence of any one they are debating-- my friend realpresents  uses the same technique quite a bit---

50 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

And if you are comparing the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lk.1:48) with some demonic goddess, how do plan on explaing that one to Jesus? If this is the case, I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes when that time comes. You might want to seek forgivness for dis-respecting His Mother if it is..

Queen of heaven (antiquity)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the Queen of Heaven in antiquity. For the Virgin Mary as Queen of Heaven, see Queen of Heaven.
120px-Egypte_louvre_029.jpg

A statue of Isis nursing her son, housed in the Louvre

Queen of Heaven was a title given to a number of ancient sky goddesses worshipped throughout the ancient Mediterranean and Near East during ancient times. Goddesses known to have been referred to by the title include Inanna, Anat, Isis, Astarte, Hera, and possibly Asherah (by the prophet Jeremiah). Elsewhere, Nordic Frigg also bore this title.[citation needed] In Greco-Roman times Hera, and her Roman aspect Juno bore this title. Forms and content of worship varied. In modern times, the title "Queen of Heaven" is still used by contemporary pagans to refer to the Great Goddess, while Catholics and Orthodox Christians now apply the ancient pagan title to Mary, the mother of Jesus.