Seve

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I sincerely apologize, I guess I was reading and interpreting something that wasn't there. I had better watch that. My Bad. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

The problem is not with the 'idea' of science, which is about a concept of honestly searching for and documenting truth. The problem is with 'agenda', because some so-called science is pseudo-science, fake, and intentionally so, to deceive. Evolution theory is an example of pseudo-science.

True science will always agree with God's Word, and there have been many cases where something was first written in God's Word that the field of science much later confirmed.

I used to believe like the OP, like Gen.1:1 with a beginning statement of God having created the heavens and the earth serving as a summary, and then going into the detail at Gen.1:2.

Only with much Bible study many years later did I begin to question that Gen.1:1 served only as a summary statement with the details starting at Gen.1:2. When I began to find Scripture in parable about Satan's rebellion of old, that is when I began to ask God about the possible existence of a previous perfect state of the earth. There's quite a lot written about it to be discovered in God's Word if one's eyes are opened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/23/2016 at 7:30 AM, Seve said:

The Light in Gen 1:3 was NOT created.  YHWH or Jesus, the Son, came forth (begotten) from the invisible realm of his Father into our Physical World when God spoke the "Word" and said, "Let there be light; and there was light" .

GOD SPOKE COSMIC LIGHT INTO EXISTENCE

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

THIS WAS NOT DIVINE LIGHT BUT CREATED LIGHT

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

BEFORE THE SUN WAS CREATED LIGHT WAS CALLED "DAY"

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

God is Light, but that is Uncreated Light.  Christ is also Light but He too is Uncreated Light.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5).

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John 1:9).

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It's clear from the context of Genesis 1 that the light listed is a created light and not one shining from God.  Take a look at all the creative statements that are made.  The words "Let there be" or "Let..."are always followed by something coming into existence or being formed into something.  Now also look at the end if those things.  God also declares those things good.  He saw that they were all good.  Take a look at the light that God said should be there.  The word let is a command from God for something to happen.  In every circumstance God commands "let" and something happens that was not in the same state as before.  God created light in this case for a purpose. He took the light and divided light from darkness for a reason.  It was for day and night.  And the evening and morning was a deliniation of time as stated by God himself.  He called the evening and morning the first day.  That first day came out if his creation of light and separating it from the dark.  

It's clear from the rest if chapter 1 that the verses all flow together and have the same make up.  God speaks a command and something is created or made to happen.  

This not to say that God doesn't have light.  God is light and in him there is no darkness.  But the light in Genesis was created differently than God's light.  That light was made to be separated from darkness so God could make day and night.  

Edited by rjs310