SIC

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

• We had a member post a very interesting thought process about this through the eyes of the Jewish laws and customs.  I am not home and don't have it on my tablet, but if this thread is still active I'll post it next week.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, SIC said:

I wasn't kidding.But I'll take your advice. Where God's Word is silent I'll remain silent

God always blesses those who honor Him :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

8 hours ago, SIC said:

... Now Jesus stoops down and writes twice on the ground.What exactly does He write?

For all we know, he could have just been scribbling in the sand while listening to the accusations against the adulteress.

But we don't know, exactly or otherwise.

• There is a specific protocal for them to accuse her and Jesus was following that protocal

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

The bible doesn't tell us what Jesus wrote in the sand on that day.  Therefore I do not know nor will I ever know in this life time on earth what Jesus wrote in the sand. 

But I do know what the thoughts of Jesus were concerning the women in adultery and toward all of those that were present on that day along with her accusers.  Jesus knew that all of them including the women was "guilty" before God of sin and they were all in need of a Savior.   

This is only my personal thoughts and speculations here while reflecting on these scriptures.  Which being that the first time perhaps Jesus wrote "GUILTY"  in the sand concerning the women in adultery as she stood and was guilty of sin before God.  And certainly that was the very thoughts of Jesus toward the woman in adultery whether it was ever written in the sand or not.     The second time perhaps Jesus wrote "GUILTY"  once again in the sand regarding the woman's accusers and all of the onlookers.  Being that all of them were guilty of sin before God and in need of a Savior.  Not even one of her accusers or those in the crowd could pick up a stone and hurl it at the woman in adultery to stone her to death according to the law.  This was in the mind of Jesus as well on that day whether it was ever written in the sand or not.

But again just personal thoughts of mine as it is "NOT" recorded what Jesus wrote in the sand on that day.  However we do know from this bible story what the thoughts of Jesus were on this specific day being that they all including the women were---all were "guilty" before God of sin and all were in need of a "Savior" as there was no law given that could save mankind.  It took the once an for all sacrifice of God's only begotten Son to cleanse away the sins of man and not the continual offering up of bulls and goats which could never save or appease the wrath of God.

o c 

Did you know that the people who brought her to Jesus were supposed to bring both parties or neither

Did you know that they were to bring them to the temple and write both the offence and the law in some form that it could be wiped away if not dealt with.  Usually dust on the temple floor.....

There is much about the word that we don't fully understand if we do not understand the people and the times that it was written....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

:thumbsup: That is true other one.

The Bible says we will know as we are known, which I interpret to mean that we will know and be able to see everything that has happened and everyone who has lived; at least those who have been saved throughout time. I believe that we will be like Christ (not a God but a son of GOD) and will be able to move in and out of time. That's just my vision of Eternity, based upon Paul's writings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Warrior of Jesus said:

This answer shows that the Bible is not silent about it. 

I did not know about the priests law of writing in the dust, but it makes sense that such a tradition may have developed in the old sanctuary service.

The fact that the eldest accusers left first, indicates what Jesus was writing. And if we take the apostle's word on how these kind of men took advantage of women in their ministry it suggests that these men had a history and desire of adultery and fornication, which from what we understand about the sinful nature that is without Christ, has no protection from committing those sins.

If these men were rejecting the Messiah and not led by the Holy Spirit, they were sinning, albeit in secret.

What Jesus wrote would have revealed secret sins, and the temporary writing in the dust was a way of wishing their sins away as well.

In Bible history whenever the handwriting of God appeared, it was to make a judgement/confirmation of values. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

My humble opinion only. Maybe Jesus was writing the names of her accusers and their most serious sin in the dirt,?