IGNORED

The “sin lists” in the NT condemn all habitual sinners!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

A real Christian is a person who has been born again, who has trusted in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross.  A real Christian is someone who has repented of His sins, recognized he is a sinner and has received Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior.  A real Christian is a person who has been transformed by Holy Spirit, who has a new heart and a new set of desires to serve the Lord.  He may occasionally stumble in a sincere attempt to serve the Lord, but he is repentant and has a godly sorrow over his sin.  He doesn't live  in it.  He repents and he depends on the grace of God through Jesus Christ.

YOU have a weird notion about Christians living in sin, and real Christians never live in sin.   A person who claims to be a Christian but lives in sin was never a Christian because that is not what Christians do.

You simply don't understand what a real Christian is.  All you can do is point a bony, judgmental finger at everyone else as if you live perfectly and are in a position to render judgment on every one else.

Okay, I like your definition of a real Christian.

IMO, you have NO idea of the condition of the pastors and members of NA churches.

You are saying that there are very few real Christians in the NA churches today.

I never even hint at the notion that I live perfectly.

I'm simply here to teach what the word says ...

e.g. there are 2 sets of NT verses: OSAS and no-OSAS.

If you want the Truth, you must RECONCILE the 2 sets of verses.

Please notice I did not say "the 2 opposing sets of verses".

They may appear to be opposing, but they are not.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

14 hours ago, Kan said:

I'm not so certain that a list of sins condemns a person. 

Thou, or anyone else,

is welcome to comment on the following warning (in red) from Jesus Himself

(yes, it is a part of one of the "sin lists") ...

Revelation 21:

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and

all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone,

which is the second death.”

What does "all" mean to you? ... Does "all" mean "all unbelievers"?

Overcomers are those believers who do not habitually sin.

Everyone else on planet earth is NOT an overcomer.

In another forum, the most highly-esteemed leader of the OSAS group ...

posted that the above passage was about unbelievers!

This is the type of thing I have to deal with.

Edited by ZacharyB

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

IMO, you have NO idea of the condition of the pastors and members of NA churches.

I never claimed to know the condition of the pastors and members of the NA churches.

You are saying that there are very few real Christians in the NA churches today.

I said no such thing.  YOU are assigning that value to me.   Do you think you're the only one who is living for the Lord as a true Christian?

So far, all you have been doing is passing judgment on everyone else, as if you are the only one who lives for the Lord.   And you have not been teaching what the Bible says.   What you have been is stringing Bible verses together like lights on a Christmas tree  and trying to make the Bible appear to say what you want it to say.   You are a one issue poster who never posts about anything else..

No, there's not two sets of OSAS and no-OSAS verses.  That is nonsense.   I have spent threads and a lot of time showing you why verses in context don't mean what they say they mean and all you do is brush my points aside and claiming I am not listening to the Holy Spirit.     You ask people to respond and then you mock them for responding.   So frankly, I am not going to waste time trying to provide a point of view from the Scriptures  that you are not even going to make any effort to respond to in a fair manner. 

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

I never claimed to know the condition of the pastors and members of the NA churches.

I said no such thing.  YOU are assigning that value to me.   Do you think you're the only one who is living for the Lord as a true Christian?

So far, all you have been doing is passing judgment on everyone else, as if you are the only one who lives for the Lord.   And you have not been teaching what the Bible says.   What you have been is stringing Bible verses together like lights on a Christmas tree  and trying to make the Bible appear to say what you want it to say.   You are a one issue poster who never posts about anything else..

No, there's not two sets of OSAS and no-OSAS verses.  That is nonsense.   I have spent threads and a lot of time showing you why verses in context don't mean what they say they mean and all you do is brush my points aside and claiming I am not listening to the Holy Spirit.     You ask people to respond and then you mock them for responding.   So frankly, I am not going to waste time trying to provide a point of view from the Scriptures  that you are not even going to make any effort to respond to in a fair manner. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, woundeddog said:

I think this will be my last post on this topic--- it gets the "Dead Horse Award"  but its not sins that separate us from God. it is SIN that separates us from God. SIN is the state of death that the unsaved individual lives in. When they trust Christs atoning sacrifice they are translated from the state of SIN to Gods life. Yes, they may commit acts of sin, but those individual acts do not damn them because they are already saved and secure in Gods family.

"If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteoousness"

but even better than that~~~~~

"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things." and "if we are faithless God remains faithful because he can not deny Himself" -- even if we fail to confess a sin, it is still wiped from our account because we are in Gods family and under the blood

The condition of sin does not separate from God does it? I would think the commital of sin does.

I am reminded of the African Americans who were jailed because they lived in a bad neighborhood. True justice can only condemn a voluntary act of sin.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

17 minutes ago, Kan said:
22 hours ago, woundeddog said:

The condition of sin does not separate from God does it? I would think the commital of sin does.

I am reminded of the African Americans who were jailed because they lived in a bad neighborhood. True justice can only condemn a voluntary act of sin.

was my last post-- "Dead Horse Award"

8 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

Thou, or anyone else,

is welcome to comment on the following warning (in red) from Jesus Himself

(yes, it is a part of one of the "sin lists") ...

Revelation 21:

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and

all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone,

which is the second death.”

What does "all" mean to you? ... Does "all" mean "all unbelievers"?

Overcomers are those believers who do not habitually sin.

Everyone else on planet earth is NOT an overcomer.

In another forum, the most highly-esteemed leader of the OSAS group ...

posted that the above passage was about unbelievers!

This is the type of thing I have to deal with.

I stand by what I said. "A list of sins does not condemn a person."

"For while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." The condemnation of sin fell upon Christ and was removed from the world. "Behold the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world."

"...reconciled the world to God through Christ."

Condemnation comes from rejecting the Messiah and not from a list of sins.

"This is the light which lights every man (person) that comes into the world," "He came unto His own and they received Him not."

The condemnation you have quoted here from the Bible is the one of not overcoming sin. The list of sins shows the error, but with the Salvation provided in Christ, the sinner stands condemned only if they don't allow Him into their hearts to overcome sin.

God is treating us as innocent to begin with, and we can only fall into condemnation because of unbelief. "The cowardly, unbelieving..." are condemned. "For without faith it is impossible to please God."

"Unto every man is given a measure of faith..."

Your gospel condemns people before they have salvation, whereas the very first words of the ministry of Jesus were "Repent for the Kingdom of heaven is nigh" He did not say "Repent because heaven is far from you."

"...The goodness of God leads to repentance."

4 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

was my last post-- "Dead Horse Award"

OK Joel Osteen.