• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

X

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I'm not hostile.  I'm just stating facts.

How would you know? 

Did you ask some of the people you are reffering to, how the view your statement? 

They see it that way. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think that the Catholic worship the same God and Jesus Christ that we do.

Being a former Roman Catholic, I can tell you for a fact that some Roman Catholics pray/worship more than the members of the Trinity.  They also pray to angels and the dead.  Christian believers should not do that, in my opinion.  But I'm not judging anyone.  It's not my place.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Being a former Roman Catholic, I can tell you for a fact that some Roman Catholics pray/worship more than the members of the Trinity.  They also pray to angels and the dead.  Christian believers should not do that, in my opinion.  But I'm not judging anyone.  It's not my place.

I understand your concern and I do have some issues with why they believe as they do but I do think that they worship the same God and Jesus Christ as we do. They are not like the Muslims or JW's or Mormons.

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I understand your concern and I do have some issues with why they believe as they do but I do think that they worship the same God and Jesus Christ as we do. They are not like the Muslims or JW's or Mormons.

We are in essential agreement. 

I have a problem with the change their leaders made in their catechism to indicate that Roman Catholics and Muslims worship the same God.  This is a false statement and should be refuted by Roman Catholics everywhere.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

We are in essential agreement. 

I have a problem with the change their leaders made in their catechism to indicate that Roman Catholics and Muslims worship the same God.  This is a false statement and should be refuted by Roman Catholics everywhere.

What I have observed with Catholics and I have worked with many of them is that they seem to walk away from their faith in God. Not all but many. I have talked to many who have said " I am a recovering Catholic".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

This is contrary to what Christ and His Apostles taught.

Islam rejects the divinity of Christ...

Qur'an 5:17.   They  disbelieve those  who  say, “God is the  Christ, the son of Mary.” Say, “Who can prevent God, if He willed, from annihilating the  Christ son of  Mary, and his mother, and everyone on earth?” To God belongs the sovereignty of the heavens  and the earth and  what is between them. He creates whatever He wills,  and God  has power over everything. 

And reject that Jesus is the Son of God...

Qur'an 2:116.  And they say, “God has begotten a son.” Be He glorified. Rather, His is  everything in the heavens and the earth; all are obedient to Him. 

The Apostle John said...

1 John  2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

And...

John  3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

So to suggest that Muslims are saved is ludicrous and shows contempt for Our God and His Son Jesus Christ and makes light of the established and most essential truths of our faith and salvation.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

They also worship Mary, and call her

There millions all over the world who worship Mary.  They call her co-redemptrix.  Millions of images of her in every imaginable form are scattered throughout the world.  They’re obviously not able to be counted – millions of them in every form and every location:  churches, cathedrals, houses, cars, wallets.  Everywhere are images, pictures, representations of Mary.  Millions upon millions of people every day pray to her.  They pray to her to save them.  They pray to her to protect them.  They pray to her to help them, to comfort them, to rescue them, to bring them to heaven, and she has never heard one of those prayers.  Ever. 

By any honest definition, this is idolatry.  This is a severe violation of the first commandment, “To have no other gods but the true and living God.”  It’s no different than pagan idolatry, which God totally condemns as an abomination.  Many Roman Catholics worship Mary as if she were God. 

Pope Pius XII accurately reflected the church’s view of the Virgin Mary when the Pope stood up to give this following pontifical prayer;.

“Enraptured by the splendor of your heavenly beauty and impelled by the anxieties of the world, we cast ourselves into your arms, O Immaculate Mother of Jesus and our Mother.  Mary, we adore and praise the peerless richness of the sublime gifts with which God has filled you above every other mere creature from the moment of conception until the day on which, after your assumption into Heaven, He crowned you Queen of the Universe.  O crystal fountain of faith, bathe our hearts with your heavenly perfume! O Conqueress of evil and death, inspire in us a deep horror of sin, which makes the soul detestable to God and a slave of hell! O well-beloved of God, hear the ardent cries which rise up from every heart in this year dedicated to you.  Then tenderly, O Mary, cover our aching wound. Convert the wicked, dry the tears of the afflicted and the oppressed, comfort the poor and humble, quench hatred, sweeten harshness, safeguard the flower of purity, protect the holy Church.  In your name, resounding harmoniously in heaven, may they recognize that all are brothers, and that the nations are members of one family.  Receive, O sweet Mother, our humble supplications, and above all obtain for us on that day, happy with you, that we may repeat before your throne that hymn which is sung today around your altars. You are all-beautiful, O Mary! You are glory, O Mary.  You are the joy, you are the honor of our people!”

Mary never conquered death and hell, Jesus did.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

does anyone know if 841 is new or has it been there for a long time?

I don't remember reading that back in the 1980's when we looked into joining the Catholic Church.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

17 hours ago, other one said:

does anyone know if 841 is new or has it been there for a long time?

I don't remember reading that back in the 1980's when we looked into joining the Catholic Church.

The reference in the CCC is to Lumen Gentium as well as Nostra Aetate written in 1964 and 1965, so this is one of the Pope's *infallible* decisions!

Lumen Gentium, the Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, is one of the principal documents of the Second Vatican Council. This dogmatic constitution was promulgated by Pope Paul VI on November 21, 1964, following approval by the assembled bishops by a vote of 2,151 to 5.

DECLARATION ON THE RELATION OF THE CHURCH TO NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS NOSTRA AETATE
PROCLAIMED BY HIS HOLINESS POPE PAUL VI ON OCTOBER 28, 1965.

I was a Roman Catholic back then in parochial school and don't remember anyone bringing this up while discussing Vatican II.  Amazing.