IGNORED

Genesis Daylight before celestial objects.

Just a Mirror

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

Gen 1:3 . . Then God said "Let there be light" and there was light.

The creation of light was a very, very intricate process. First God had to create particulate matter, and along with those particles their specific properties, including mass. Then He had to invent the laws of nature to govern how matter behaves in combination with and/or in the presence of, other kinds of matter in order to generate electromagnetic radiation.

NOTE: Light's properties are a bit curious. It exists as waves in a variety of lengths and frequencies, and also as theoretical particles called photons. And though light has no mass; it's influenced by gravity. Light is also quite invisible. For example: you can see the Sun when you look at it, and you can see the Moon when sunlight reflects from its surface. But none of the Sun's light is visible in the void between them and that's because light isn't matter; it's energy.

The same laws that make it possible for matter to generate electromagnetic radiation also make other conditions possible too; e.g. fire, wind, water, ice, soil, rain, life, centrifugal force, thermodynamics, fusion, dark energy, gravity, atoms, organic molecules, magnetism, color, radiation, refraction, reflection, high energy X-rays and gamma rays, temperature, pressure, force, inertia, sound, friction, and electricity; et al. So the creation of light was a pretty big deal; yet Genesis scarcely gives its origin passing mention.

2Cor 4:6 verifies that light wasn't introduced into the cosmos from outside in order to dispel the darkness and brighten things up a bit; but rather, it radiated out of the cosmos from inside-- from itself --indicating that the cosmos was created to be self-illuminating by means of the various interactions of the matter that God made for it; including, but not limited to, the Higgs Boson.

BTW: You know it's curious to me that most people have no trouble readily conceding that everything else in the first chapter of Genesis is natural, e.g. the cosmos, the earth, water, sky, dry land, the Sun, the Moon, the stars, aqua life, winged life, terra life, flora life, and human life.

But when it comes to light they choke; finding it impossible within themselves to believe that Genesis just might be consistent in its description of the creative process. I mean, if all those other things are natural, why wouldn't light be natural too? In point of fact, without natural light, planet Earth would become a cold dead world right quick.

NOTE: The interesting thing about the laws of nature is that they're not absolute laws. No; they are created laws-- created as a companion to the created cosmos to regulate how the cosmos, with all of its forms of life, matter, and energy, behaves. Seeing as how God designed and created those laws, then He knows the secrets to manipulating them in order to make things in our world behave quite contrary to common sense.

Take for example the floating axe head in 2Kgs 6:5-6. Solid chunks of iron don't float. That's unnatural. Another example is the fire-proof bush of Ex 3:2. A bush that's impervious to fire is unnatural. It should have flared up and Moses knew it too but it didn't because God can easily modify the behavior of everything He ever created.

Gen 1:4a . . And God saw the light, that it was good

God declared that light is good; but He didn't declare that darkness is good. In point of fact, darkness typically represents bad things in the Bible; while light typically represents good things. It's been an axiom from the very beginning.

/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

13 hours ago, WebersHome said:

-

Gen 1:3 . . Then God said "Let there be light" and there was light.

The creation of light was a very, very intricate process. First God had to create particulate matter, and along with those particles their specific properties, including mass. Then He had to invent the laws of nature to govern how matter behaves in combination with and/or in the presence of, other kinds of matter in order to generate electromagnetic radiation.

NOTE: Light's properties are a bit curious. It exists as waves in a variety of lengths and frequencies, and also as theoretical particles called photons. And though light has no mass; it's influenced by gravity. Light is also quite invisible. For example: you can see the Sun when you look at it, and you can see the Moon when sunlight reflects from its surface. But none of the Sun's light is visible in the void between them and that's because light isn't matter; it's energy.

The same laws that make it possible for matter to generate electromagnetic radiation also make other conditions possible too; e.g. fire, wind, water, ice, soil, rain, life, centrifugal force, thermodynamics, fusion, dark energy, gravity, atoms, organic molecules, magnetism, color, radiation, refraction, reflection, high energy X-rays and gamma rays, temperature, pressure, force, inertia, sound, friction, and electricity; et al. So the creation of light was a pretty big deal; yet Genesis scarcely gives its origin passing mention.

2Cor 4:6 verifies that light wasn't introduced into the cosmos from outside in order to dispel the darkness and brighten things up a bit; but rather, it radiated out of the cosmos from inside-- from itself --indicating that the cosmos was created to be self-illuminating by means of the various interactions of the matter that God made for it; including, but not limited to, the Higgs Boson.

BTW: You know it's curious to me that most people have no trouble readily conceding that everything else in the first chapter of Genesis is natural, e.g. the cosmos, the earth, water, sky, dry land, the Sun, the Moon, the stars, aqua life, winged life, terra life, flora life, and human life.

But when it comes to light they choke; finding it impossible within themselves to believe that Genesis just might be consistent in its description of the creative process. I mean, if all those other things are natural, why wouldn't light be natural too? In point of fact, without natural light, planet Earth would become a cold dead world right quick.

NOTE: The interesting thing about the laws of nature is that they're not absolute laws. No; they are created laws-- created as a companion to the created cosmos to regulate how the cosmos, with all of its forms of life, matter, and energy, behaves. Seeing as how God designed and created those laws, then He knows the secrets to manipulating them in order to make things in our world behave quite contrary to common sense.

Take for example the floating axe head in 2Kgs 6:5-6. Solid chunks of iron don't float. That's unnatural. Another example is the fire-proof bush of Ex 3:2. A bush that's impervious to fire is unnatural. It should have flared up and Moses knew it too but it didn't because God can easily modify the behavior of everything He ever created.

Gen 1:4a . . And God saw the light, that it was good

God declared that light is good; but He didn't declare that darkness is good. In point of fact, darkness typically represents bad things in the Bible; while light typically represents good things. It's been an axiom from the very beginning.

/

There is a "natural" light but in Genesis 1 God is speaking His Light into the darkness, the "natural" light processes are created later when He creates stars.

His Light is similar to a bio-illuminary.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 28/07/2016 at 3:26 AM, Revelation Man said:

It took 13.7 Billion years to get to where we are at in Gods Creation. It doesn't take God any longer to create a baby, a 13 year old or an adult. I would assume he created an adult, but it really doesn't matter. God lives in the past, present and Future, so as soon as God creates something, it is done in His reality. But as per causation, it took 13.7 billion years to get to where we are at now. Thats just a fact. Why get hung up on the word day when the Hebrew language had only 4000 or less words and the English language has 400,000 words. Many words had multi meanings. DAY can mean Light, 24 HOUR DAYS, or an era/a set period of time.

It's not a fact. Where do you get 13.7 billion years from? From the mouths of liars? Even some scientists are starting to admit that their methods of dating are wrong.

Stop listening to the false religion of Man and start listening to scripture. There is no real evidence that the Universe is nearly fourteen billion years old, nor that the Earth is four billion years old. God created life on Earth and created the Sun, Moon and stars all within six days - six literal days. Why do you deny what God tells us?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

It's not a fact. Where do you get 13.7 billion years from? From the mouths of liars? Even some scientists are starting to admit that their methods of dating are wrong.

Stop listening to the false religion of Man and start listening to scripture. There is no real evidence that the Universe is nearly fourteen billion years old, nor that the Earth is four billion years old. God created life on Earth and created the Sun, Moon and stars all within six days - six literal days. Why do you deny what God tells us?

That 6 day stuff off the charts man. At least to me, and it makes all Christians seem like they can't see the facts. We have light from stars that couldn't reach out planet in 6000 years. Since God lives in all realms of time at once, why we he have to change the laws of nature to "hurry up" the process ?  So Dinos lived with man ? Even though hey didn't. SMH. All because you trust in an "English Translation" when the Hebrew language had only 3700 words vs. English having 400,000 words. The same words were used for double/triple/multiple meanings. YOM, the word used for DAY has about 15 different meanings, one of which is a Period of Time.  The WMAP/NASSA use microwaves to map out the Universe. It is 13.7 Billion years old. We arent talking carbon dating here.

2 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

That 6 day stuff off the charts man. At least to me, and it makes all Christians seem like they can't see the facts. We have light from stars that couldn't reach out planet in 6000 years. Since God lives in all realms of time at once, why we he have to change the laws of nature to "hurry up" the process ?  So Dinos lived with man ? Even though hey didn't. SMH. All because you trust in an "English Translation" when the Hebrew language had only 3700 words vs. English having 400,000 words. The same words were used for double/triple/multiple meanings. YOM, the word used for DAY has about 15 different meanings, one of which is a Period of Time.  The WMAP/NASSA use microwaves to map out the Universe. It is 13.7 Billion years old. We arent talking carbon dating here.

We have no facts about the stars - only the lies of freemasons who own all the expensive billion-dollar equipment.

Empirical scientific evidence tells us nothing about the age of the Universe. We are reliant on the 'gods' of NASA and other space agencies to tell us their version of the truth.

When a scientist tells me all about radio waves and microwave frequencies, I believe him because I can really speak on my cellphone to people who are far away. I can confirm it because I can meet these people later and they will confirm that they spoke to me.

When a scientist tells me how the internal combustion engine works I believe him because when I drive my car the wheels really do spin round and I move from A to B. The evidence of my own eyes confirms this.

But when a theoretical cosmologist tells me that another planet similar to Earth has been found in a distant galaxy I have no way of confirming it. I can't go there and see for myself and I can't buy a telescope powerful enough to see it for myself.

Don't you think that if Satan could hijack science in order to lie to us about the existence of God that he wouldn't have done so already?

Wake up - you are being lied to!

37 minutes ago, OakWood said:

We have no facts about the stars - only the lies of freemasons who own all the expensive billion-dollar equipment.

Empirical scientific evidence tells us nothing about the age of the Universe. We are reliant on the 'gods' of NASA and other space agencies to tell us their version of the truth.

When a scientist tells me all about radio waves and microwave frequencies, I believe him because I can really speak on my cellphone to people who are far away. I can confirm it because I can meet these people later and they will confirm that they spoke to me.

When a scientist tells me how the internal combustion engine works I believe him because when I drive my car the wheels really do spin round and I move from A to B. The evidence of my own eyes confirms this.

But when a theoretical cosmologist tells me that another planet similar to Earth has been found in a distant galaxy I have no way of confirming it. I can't go there and see for myself and I can't buy a telescope powerful enough to see it for myself.

Don't you think that if Satan could hijack science in order to lie to us about the existence of God that he wouldn't have done so already?

Wake up - you are being lied to!

But you believe the universe is 6000 years old. All because the English bible says DAY....OK

What I point out, proves every word of Genesis to be true, the Day is a set period of time, the Darkness was on the Face of the Deep, just like God said. The first light was the Stars not the sun shining on the earth. "But the earth is 6000 years old WINK WINK". When you get to heaven, you will find out you were duped. God wants us to be in the know on all things. You guys even come up with reasons why the oil it in the ground etc. etc. 

Its like a grown-up still believing in Santa Clause.

18 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

But you believe the universe is 6000 years old. All because the English bible says DAY....OK

What I point out, proves every word of Genesis to be true, the Day is a set period of time, the Darkness was on the Face of the Deep, just like God said. The first light was the Stars not the sun shining on the earth. "But the earth is 6000 years old WINK WINK". When you get to heaven, you will find out you were duped. God wants us to be in the know on all things. You guys even come up with reasons why the oil it in the ground etc. etc. 

Its like a grown-up still believing in Santa Clause.

No, it's nothing to do with the English Bible. The Bible is the Bible and if translated from the Hebrew (the OT) or Greek (the NT) the word is still the  same. The Jews today have a calendar and we are in the year 5776  which means 5,776 years since the creation. Do you think that the Jews never understood the word of God? All Jews believed this, not just the fallen ones but Moses, David and Joshua understood the Jewish calendar and they knew just how old the Earth is.

Now you can continue to mock the word of God as much as you like, I can't stop you, but the Bible gives you nothing to back up your heretical views - only fake science does. When you reach heaven perhaps you will you will realise that you were duped. Perhaps you will hang your head in shame and wonder why you questioned the word of God. I've explained to to you the difference between true science and the difference between theoretical nonsense that has no empirical evidence and no base in reality - yet you continue to disbelieve. Perhaps you believe that the false wisdom of Man is greater than the wisdom of God!

It is you who is being duped my friend, not me. You are compromising God's word and claiming that what he really says is not what he really means. Six days means six days.

God does not lie and he doesn't try to confuse us with riddles.

24 minutes ago, OakWood said:

No, it's nothing to do with the English Bible. The Bible is the Bible and if translated from the Hebrew (the OT) or Greek (the NT) the word is still the  same. The Jews today have a calendar and we are in the year 5776  which means 5,776 years since the creation. Do you think that the Jews never understood the word of God? All Jews believed this, not just the fallen ones but Moses, David and Joshua understood the Jewish calendar and they knew just how old the Earth is.

Now you can continue to mock the word of God as much as you like, I can't stop you, but the Bible gives you nothing to back up your heretical views - only fake science does. When you reach heaven perhaps you will you will realise that you were duped. Perhaps you will hang your head in shame and wonder why you questioned the word of God. I've explained to to you the difference between true science and the difference between theoretical nonsense that has no empirical evidence and no base in reality - yet you continue to disbelieve. Perhaps you believe that the false wisdom of Man is greater than the wisdom of God!

It is you who is being duped my friend, not me. You are compromising God's word and claiming that what he really says is not what he really means. Six days means six days.

God does not lie and he doesn't try to confuse us with riddles.

So YOM has to be a DAY ?

#3117 יוֹם yowm {yome} from an unused root meaning to be hot; TWOT - 852; n m

—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) day, time, year 1a) day (as opposed to night) 1b) day (24 hour period) 1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1 1b2) as a division of time 1b2a) a working day, a day's journey 1c) days, lifetime (pl.) 1d) time, period (general) 1e) year 1f) temporal references 1f1) today 1f2) yesterday 1f3) tomorrow

—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially):—age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.

—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)

#3117.

יוֹם

yom (398a); a prim. root; day:—

NASB - afternoon*(1), age(8), age*(1), all(1), always*(14), amount*(2), battle(1), birthday*(1), Chronicles*(38), completely*(1), continually*(14), course*(1), daily(22), daily the days(1), day(1115), day of the days(1), day that the period(1), day's(6), day's every day(1), daylight*(1), days(635), days on the day(1), days to day(1), days you shall daily(1), days ago(1), days'(11), each(1), each day(4), entire(2), eternity(1), evening*(1), ever in your life*(1), every day(2), fate(1), first(5), forever*(11), forevermore*(1), full(5), full year(1), future*(1), holiday*(3), later*(2), length(1), life(12), life*(1), lifetime(2), lifetime*(1), live(1), long(2), long as i live(1), long*(11), midday*(1), now(5), older*(1), once(2), period(3), perpetually*(2), present(1), recently(1), reigns(1), ripe*(1), short-lived*(1), so long*(1), some time(1), survived*(2), time(45), time*(1), times*(2), today(172), today*(1), usual(1), very old*(1), when(10), when the days(1), whenever(1), while(3), whole(2), year(10), yearly(5), years(13), yesterday*(1).

—NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries

So since you want it to be so, YOM can only mean a DAY....When all Hebrew words had MANY MEANINGS and you had to look at CONTEXT before ascribing the word. So if the KJV Authors had transcribed/translated the word YOM as a PERIOD OF TIME (ERA) or as a DIVISION OF TIME. Then most likely your preconceived idea that this HAS TO BE A DAY, wouldn't be there. 

It is very clear, the Hebrew Language had very few words, and many, many meanings for words. 

God did not create the Universe in 6 Days but rather in SIX PERIODS OF TIME !! 

Is the 7TH Day one Day also ? No, its a PERIOD OF TIME !! 

Edited by Revelation Man

12 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

So YOM has to be a DAY ?

1) day, time, year 1a) day (as opposed to night) 1b) day (24 hour period) 1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1 1b2) as a division of time 1b2a) a working day, a day's journey 1c) days, lifetime (pl.) 1d) time, period (general) 1e) year 1f) temporal references 1f1) today 1f2) yesterday 1f3) tomorrow

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially):—age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.

#3117.

יוֹם

NASB - afternoon*(1), age(8), age*(1), all(1), always*(14), amount*(2), battle(1), birthday*(1), Chronicles*(38), completely*(1), continually*(14), course*(1), daily(22), daily the days(1), day(1115), day of the days(1), day that the period(1), day's(6), day's every day(1), daylight*(1), days(635), days on the day(1), days to day(1), days you shall daily(1), days ago(1), days'(11), each(1), each day(4), entire(2), eternity(1), evening*(1), ever in your life*(1), every day(2), fate(1), first(5), forever*(11), forevermore*(1), full(5), full year(1), future*(1), holiday*(3), later*(2), length(1), life(12), life*(1), lifetime(2), lifetime*(1), live(1), long(2), long as i live(1), long*(11), midday*(1), now(5), older*(1), once(2), period(3), perpetually*(2), present(1), recently(1), reigns(1), ripe*(1), short-lived*(1), so long*(1), some time(1), survived*(2), time(45), time*(1), times*(2), today(172), today*(1), usual(1), very old*(1), when(10), when the days(1), whenever(1), while(3), whole(2), year(10), yearly(5), years(13), yesterday*(1).

—NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries

So since you want it to be so, YOM can only mean a DAY....When all Hebrew words had MANY MEANINGS and you had to look at CONTEXT before ascribing the word. So if the KJV Authors had transcribed/translated the word YOM as a PERIOD OF TIME (ERA) or as a DIVISION OF TIME. Then most likely your preconceived idea that this HAS TO BE A DAY, wouldn't be there. 

It is very clear, the Hebrew Language had very few words, and many, many meanings for words. 

God created the Earth in six days. He even created the Sun and Moon on the fourth day so that we shall distinguish between day and night. It makes no sense that God should keep redefining a day in order to confuse us.

You are claiming that a day is just 'a period of time' yet in the same breath he specifically tells us that he created the greater and lesser lights so that we can distinguish between day and night

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day

Genesis 1

So are you telling me that the Sun sets only once in every billion years or so, or does a day actually mean a 24-hour period?

You are accusing God of being a schizophrenic idiot. In one breath he tells us how long a day is, then in the next breath he redefines the length of that day to mean 24 hours.

So when he states that he created the Earth in six days, it really means six periods of time which could actually mean six million years, six billion years, or whatever length of time you fancy - yet when he tells us that he created the Sun to rule the day, he's suddenly changed his definition to specifically mean a twenty four hour period!

Wow, I'm not surprised that there are so many people who don't believe in God, he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about!

I do understand that the word 'day' can actually be symbolic and sometimes refer to a longer period of time but never have I heard anybody change the meaning of the length of a day in one single flowing account. First the word 'day' could be any length of time, and next it specifically refers to 24-hours and all in the same chapter. No wonder we're confused.

Does God actually want us to believe in him or is he deliberately messing with our heads?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

So YOM has to be a DAY ?

#3117.

יוֹם

In Genesis 1, yom and ONLY mean day.   It can be used other ways in other contexts in the Bible.   But the immediate usage in Gen. 1 demands it be understood as an ordinary day.   Why?

1. The usage of the six day of creation is accompanied by the modifiers of evening and morning. 

2. When yom is used with ordinal numbers it is understood as 24 hour days.  That includes the seventh day.  You will note that the Bible always refers to God's rest on the seventh day in the past tense, not the present tense.   It is not an eternal day or a long period of time.  So, even if the modifiers of evening and morning are not present, the usage of ordinal numbers indicates that it was an ordinary day.

3.  When the six days of Gen. 1 are directly referenced elsewhere in the Bible, they are referenced as ordinary days.

4.  Ancient people were not stupid and understood the concept of long epochs of time and if God meant for yom to mean "long periods of time"  the Hebrew language, which is far more precise than English, had the ability to communicate that concept.

5. If God wanted to communicate to us that the six  "days" of creation were actually long periods of time, say thousands or even millions of years, the word He would have used instead of "yom" would have been "olam."  "Olam" would have exactly communicated the idea that each "day" of creation was really just a phase of a long indefinite period of time.