ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

We have the technology now that we did not have then. That is good and bad. Cell phones have allowed society to be socially inept. Back then television would not even allow a couple to be seen in a bed together. Look at television and movies now.

We have the medical advances now that we did not have then and that is a good thing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Oh it was. Have you experienced the change?

I have.  I was born in 1952.  I grew up during the 60's and I loved it.  It was so much easier and to be alive when the Jesus Movement was here was just amazing.  Our high school experienced a revival.  I still remember it.  Hundreds of kids carrying their Bibles and having Bible studies during lunch.  Faith based   clubs after school.  It was amazing... and to my knowledge no one in our class of 1971 did prison time or got into any major trouble.

We respected our parents and teachers and other adults, if we didn't we heard about it.  It was better all the way around.

Blessings, RustyAngeL  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I have.  I was born in 1952.  I grew up during the 60's and I loved it.  It was so much easier and to be alive when the Jesus Movement was here was just amazing.  Our high school experienced a revival.  I still remember it.  Hundreds of kids carrying their Bibles and having Bible studies during lunch.  Faith based   clubs after school.  It was amazing... and to my knowledge no one in our class of 1971 did prison time or got into any major trouble.

We respected our parents and teachers and other adults, if we didn't we heard about it.  It was better all the way around.

Blessings, RustyAngeL  

You are a couple of years younger than I am. Those were the days :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Old people think that life was so much better way back when. But it really wasn't.

we got our first TV when I was 14, and air conditioning the following summer....     I agree that it wasn't im some ways, but not others   I spent summers with my grand parents and they didn't have indoor toiltes...    and mom's dad didn't have electricity til I was nearly ten.    It really was not better.

I don't judge the country by what I see on media, but personal experience as we have traveled the entire country in the past six years, and my experience is that the vast majority of our country is still  good inside....   My kids generation that I thought was going to hell in a handbasket really has matured into decent people......            Medical care is better, people are living longer .....

Our Government has actually not just gone to hell in a hand basket it's just stayed there and we see it better than before.....

If you could set down with my grand father (god rest his soul) he could tell you about the morals of the 1920's and you could realize that the general society hasn't gone down, just hit a low place on the Cycle we have been on from the Beginning.

overall, I am glad to be growing old today and not in my grandparents day.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Okay well I will join in. I don't know how things were in the 50's and 60's. But I do know that in the 80's we did not have a bathroom issue. Girls in girl's bathroom and Boys in boy's bathroom. It seem to work for everyone. I don't what is going on now? It is just that everyone seems to think that the rest of the world is suppose to cater to them. 

Okay that is my old folks rant.:th_wave:

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

One thing for sure, as then even so now, as illustrated by this thread...we selectively 'pick and choose' those instances which support our case.

I would agree we as humans have selective memory. I think it goes along with our need to feel like we are important. That to me is odd because God says we are very important indeed and that should be enough for us but it often is not. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

On 2016-08-10 at 9:33 PM, LadyKay said:

Old people think that life was so much better way back when. But it really wasn't.

Young people with some sense today also think that life was better then.  What was posted in the OP was excellent and I am sure had great impact on many.