Falling away from God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Im not going to go into detail about what happened to me. Im going to put it into a nutshell.

When i was 14, i got saved. I loved Jesus. Had a very close relationship with God. One day i gave into the world and wanted to be like everyone else, leaving God behind. 5 years later, i am trying to seek God again. I tried repenting. I feel nothing. No renewal. No desire to read the bible or to try and understand scripture. I just still wanna be my old self, but in a way i also wanna follow God and be holy. 

I dont get it. Why dont i feel anything.. shouldnt you suddenly have a passion for Jesus after repenting, like the one i gained many years ago? Makes me wonder if God spewed me out of his mouth and just doesnt want anything to do with me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

8 hours ago, Jenny101 said:

Im not going to go into detail about what happened to me. Im going to put it into a nutshell.

When i was 14, i got saved. I loved Jesus. Had a very close relationship with God. One day i gave into the world and wanted to be like everyone else, leaving God behind. 5 years later, i am trying to seek God again. I tried repenting. I feel nothing. No renewal. No desire to read the bible or to try and understand scripture. I just still wanna be my old self, but in a way i also wanna follow God and be holy. 

I dont get it. Why dont i feel anything.. shouldnt you suddenly have a passion for Jesus after repenting, like the one i gained many years ago? Makes me wonder if God spewed me out of his mouth and just doesnt want anything to do with me.

Hi Jenny and welcome to Worthy.

You said you don't feel anything.  Feelings so often lie to us.  Don't depend on how you feel.  

You need to start back into the word, even if you don't "feel" like it.  The fire will grow again I promise you.  Come here often, and more important just sit and talk to God.  He knows your heart and He is waiting.  He will never leave you or forsake you.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jenny

Welcome to Worthy......You may want to begin a Thread in the "need Advice" Forum so you can interact with us & we can talk instead of just reading your replies(just a suggestion)    

Jenny,Rusty is right.....our hearts & minds are only made of flesh and we can not depend or rely on our "feelings",the transformation comes from the inside out,it begins with asking Jesus into your heart,then there is a Renewal of the mind and when you walk in SPIRIT & in Truth is when you have access to the HEART & MIND of JESUS.....& life starts to change because you become a New Creature.........nothing is going to change until "self" is forsaken,that is the "flesh",carnality     You said it yourself."I still wanna be my old self",until you do not wanna be your old self life remains the same........that is the hindrance,stumbling block,the obstacle

Jesus has SOOOO much for you,a life more Abundant,more Joy,Peace & Comfort than you could ever imagine possible,,,,,so many people think that by "letting go" or "giving self" that they have to "give up" something .....it is actually the complete opposite,when you give your heart to Jesus & begin to Renew your mind everything is ADDED,you lose nothing & gain EVERYTHING                                         Talk to Jesus,begin in the Book of John & find out how very much you are Loved......read Gods Personal Love Letter to "Jenny".......                                                           Glory to God                                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 8/21/2016 at 5:43 PM, Jenny101 said:

Welcome to Worthy Jenny :)

Do you know that Jesus is only a prayer away? I'm sure that if you whisper His name He will fill you with His love to let you know that He is right there with you.

He is waiting for you to come close again, Jesus brought you here to Worthy to get connected with other Christians who love to prayer for and with you!

You will find that nothing in this old world can satisfy you, only Jesus can and He wants to be nr 1 in your life, so when you come to Him ,He will show you little by little through the Holy Spirit how to have a super close relationship with Him,you do know that the phone line with  heaven is always open?

Jesus is knocking and when you let Him in,He will fill you with His peace which the world will never be able to give you,don't live by feelings,live by every word of God,feelings trick you, and Gods Word does never change.

If there is anything I can do to help you ,please let me know,I love to pray with and for you!

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17