Sum1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Sum1, your greatest need is to know Christ as your savior. Your posts indicate that you want to be "saved" or you want to "believe" in Christ but you do not know how to do that. I'm not going to get into my story about becoming a believer, but I'll just say that I struggled with not knowing how to believe in Christ for many years before I found the answer and became a true "believer" in Christ.

Kwikphilly gave you the best advice which is that you read the Book of John. I found my answer about how to "believe" in Christ there.

God wants you to know Him. He wants you to become a "Believer." He wants you to be "saved." He, God, will show you how to believe and He will give you the faith you need to believe if you will obey Jeremiah 29; “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” This scripture says that if you earnestly search after God you will find Him.

Another comment I want to make is that you don't have to forgive your dad so you can be saved. Our salvation does not require that we forgive others. It requires that we "believe" the Gospel.

Sum1, below is a link to a statement of faith about being a Christian here at Worthy. I believe reading it will help you.

http://www.whatisachristian.info/

Also, I have several other sources that might help you, so let me know if you are interested and I will post them.

John

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/23/2016 at 4:00 PM, Sum1 said:

???

Sorry about that I posted in the wrong place... OY Vey!  forgive me?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Amen to john14:6 !!!! Plus,when you come to Jesus you come as you are,filthy,broken,wretched,a total mess.......the clean up comes AFTER with HIS HELP,we simply cannot do it without Him,none of us                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik