Guest Robert

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I like this conclusion. Applicable for everyone of us.

Faithful Christians can look at these survey results and lament the state of theology in America. Or, we can look at these results and engage our Great Commission work with a renewed urgency and purpose. Ligonier Ministries is taking the latter approach

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

9 minutes ago, ravindran said:

I like this conclusion. Applicable for everyone of us.

Faithful Christians can look at these survey results and lament the state of theology in America. Or, we can look at these results and engage our Great Commission work with a renewed urgency and purpose. Ligonier Ministries is taking the latter approach

Ligonier has a 5-Point Calvinistic view of Theology and walks a tightrope when in comes to replacement theology, imho as a former Calvinist.

http://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/the-church-and-israel-the-issue/

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Ligonier has a 5-Point Calvinistic view of Theology and walks a tightrope when in comes to replacement theology, imho as a former Calvinist.

http://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/the-church-and-israel-the-issue/

Yup! I very well know about Ligonier and RC Sproul. Leaving aside the theological difference, I think the conclusion is well said. Does not matter what our theological beliefs are and we should agree to that

1 hour ago, ravindran said:

Yup! I very well know about Ligonier and RC Sproul. Leaving aside the theological difference, I think the conclusion is well said. Does not matter what our theological beliefs are and we should agree to that

My interactions with the Reformed Movement and Calvinists in general has been mostly positive.  When I considered myself a Calvinist, I got into a lot of arguments about T-U-L-I-P, then I was supporting it.  Now that I'm not a Calvinist, I haven't argued for or against Calvinism, from an apologetics standpoint.  I will and have argued against Replacement Theology. 

Covenant Theology and Dispensationalist Theology are both man's attempt to explain our current condition as it relates to End Times Theology, imho.  I like R. C. Sproul a lot and have read numerous books by him and I also have his ESV Study Bible.  I also have about a dozen other study bibles and even more commentaries.  Too little time left, and so much to read/digest.  Like all of us, I am a work-in-progress.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/7/2016 at 3:54 PM, Ezra said:

It is evident from this study that college and university education undermine faith. What may not be evident is that because the seminaries have undermined the faith and doctrines of prospective preachers, so-called"evangelicals" now hold to unorthodox or heterodox beliefs. At the same time, everyone has access to Scripture, so that is not really an excuse.

As Ligonier states, the antidote is to aggressively preach and teach the true Gospel and Bible truth to more-or-less pagan America (whether people hear or not).  Each one will give account for rejecting the Bible and Bible truth.

Liberal colleges and universities go out of their way to undermine the faith of Christian students.  That makes me sad.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Liberal colleges and universities go out of their way to undermine the faith of Christian students.  That makes me sad.  

What is even sadder is that almost all (if not all) colleges, universities, and seminaries have gone liberal.  Think of the seminaries (even so-called evangelical seminaries) which undermine the faith of their students.  Read the Battle for the Bible and The Bible in the Balance.

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

I had a similar trail and I could never  come to grips with the partial preterist-amil-replacement theology many Reformed ascribed to. The closest I got then was a 4point historical premil. position. lol

Yes.  I was about the only Premillennial Dispensationalist Calvinist on the forum I previously posted on.  Now, I shun labels for the most part because they tend to separate us within the body of Christ.  Theologically, I share many of the same views as you do, and others of course.

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Yes.  I was about the only Premillennial Dispensationalist Calvinist on the forum I previously posted on.  Now, I shun labels for the most part because they tend to separate us within the body of Christ.  Theologically, I share many of the same views as you do, and others of course.

I think John MacArthur is one :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

2 Timothy 4:2-4 (AKJV)
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables.

Romans 10:17 (AKJV)
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Isaiah 55:11 (AKJV)
11 So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

We should not slow or stop the sharing of the Gospel of the Grace of God. We must not get discouraged and continue to yield for God's use.

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Except a true  Calvinist holds to Covenant theology which includes infant baptism ...Mac Arthur is more of a 5 Point Reformed Baptist.

Ya, I hardly see Reformed Calvinists believing in anything other than Covenant theology