IGNORED

sabbath day

AndyMan

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, WailingWall said:

Matthew 19:16-19 (KJV)
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Well, ya see what Jesus said. No doubt about it. The 10 commandments

I didn't say that Jesus didn't mention the 10 commandments.   I said the passage in  II John 1 isn't referencing the 10 commandments, but the specific commandments given by Jesus. SDA theology and exegesis is really, really sloppy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

SDA theology and exegesis is really, really sloppy.

Well there kinda like you in some ways. They {as you} believe that Friday afternoon till sunday morn equals 3 days AND 3 nights. Im not great at math but thats simple rithmatic

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I didn't say that Jesus didn't mention the 10 commandments. 

Jesus didnt only mention them. He said there the way to eternal life

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Well there kinda like you in some ways. They {as you} believe that Friday afternoon till sunday morn equals 3 days AND 3 nights. Im not great at math but thats simple rithmatic

No, I don't believe that Jesus was crucified on Friday.  Nice try, though.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I don't believe that Jesus was crucified on Friday.  Nice try, though.

And im not SDA. Guess we were both wrong

Guest shiloh357
Just now, WailingWall said:

And im not SDA. Guess we were both wrong

I didn't accuse you of being SDA.  But your theology and arguments are identical to theirs just as sloppy.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I didn't accuse you of being SDA.  But your theology and arguments are identical to theirs just as sloppy.

No so my dear friend. SDA claim Gods holy days are no longer to be kept. I know better

LUKE 3 [16] John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:[17] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but THE CHAFF HE WILL BURN WITH FIRE UNQUENCHABLE.

MATTHEW 3 [11] I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: HE SHALL BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY GHOST, and with fire:[12] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; BUT HE WILL BURN UP THE CHAFF WITH UNQUENCHABLE FIRE.

So who are the chaff? The people that Jesus will burn up

LUKE 4 [34] Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; THE HOLY ONE of God.

Jesus surely is the Holy One

ISAIAH 5 [24]  Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and THE FLAME CONSUMETH THE CHAFF, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: BECAUSE THEY HAVE CAST AWAY THE LAW OF THE LORD OF HOSTS, and despised the word of THE HOLY ONE of Israel.

Theres the people Jesus {the Holy One} will burn. Those who believe they can cast away His law.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

LUKE 3 [16] John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:[17] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but THE CHAFF HE WILL BURN WITH FIRE UNQUENCHABLE.

MATTHEW 3 [11] I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: HE SHALL BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY GHOST, and with fire:[12] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; BUT HE WILL BURN UP THE CHAFF WITH UNQUENCHABLE FIRE.

So who are the chaff? The people that Jesus will burn up

LUKE 4 [34] Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; THE HOLY ONE of God.

Jesus surely is the Holy One

ISAIAH 5 [24]  Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and THE FLAME CONSUMETH THE CHAFF, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: BECAUSE THEY HAVE CAST AWAY THE LAW OF THE LORD OF HOSTS, and despised the word of THE HOLY ONE of Israel.

Theres the people Jesus {the Holy One} will burn. Those who believe they can cast away His law.

The ones burnt up will be those trusting in the law for salvation instead of Jesus.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The ones burnt up will be those trusting in the law for salvation instead of Jesus.

PROVERBS 28  [4] They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them. [7] Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father. [9] HE THAT TURNETH AWAY HIS EAR FROM HEARING THE LAW, EVEN HIS PRAYER SHALL BE ABOMINATION. [13] He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. [18] WHOSO WALKETH UPRIGHTLY SHALL BE SAVED