• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God. Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears. (Act 20:27-31)

Don't want to go where the wolves are.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(1Ti 4:1)

I fail to see rules for changing a church in that passage. There is nothing unbiblical about moving from one bible believing/teaching church to a different bible believing/teaching.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, da_man1974 said:

We have been attending a church for about 18 years or so.  My kids were raised in this church.  Now they are not liking to go because there is no one their age there.  I understand that church should be about God not everything else.  There is another church available in the area. But we have made a lot of friendships and what not in the church we are in.

Not sure if we should switch or not?

Hi da_man1974,

There has been a survey of youth ministry. It was found that most youth who attended youth meetings do not go with their faith as they get older. very surprising. It was also shown that the youth followed their peers & the youth leader, whereas God would have the parents to be responsible for the teaching of God`s word & how it relates to life.

Most youth programs are about entertainment and imparting the world`s moral values - tolerance, inclusiveness, respect, (all sexual behaviour..) etc.

I would suggest you invite one or two young people that your children know & let friendships develop & not peer pressure of the bigger group. If they have more than one friend then at times have an outing for a few of them.

You need to see your most important responsibility under God, the teaching of your children God`s love & His ways. They live in a very fast changing world & they need to discuss so many topics that we never even heard of, yet the same answers are there -right relationships under God.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, da_man1974 said:

We have been attending a church for about 18 years or so.  My kids were raised in this church.  Now they are not liking to go because there is no one their age there.  I understand that church should be about God not everything else.  There is another church available in the area. But we have made a lot of friendships and what not in the church we are in.

Not sure if we should switch or not?

I think there is no right or wrong here. Pray about it and let Lord show you the way. I attend a very small Church. My daughters are the only kids in the Church. In fact my elder one is the only kid in Sunday class and younger one is the only one in nursery. I have never bothered about it. Because they have Sunday class and they are getting spiritual nourishment which is what matters.

I do know some people who allow their kids to attend another Church and the parents attend ours. It is not unusual. As others said, Lord may have planted you there to grow the Church with more youth. Or Lord has other plans for the Church and your kids. Seek the Lord and He will show the answer :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

The issue isn't about bible believing or any of that.  Our church is bible believing and they preach the word.  The issue for me is that the kids just flat out don't want to go.  They don't connect with the pastor.  We don't even have a youth pastor.  My wife and I do have friends there but they are all over 70.  We are in our 40's.  The kids do go and help these older people.

I don't think kids need to be entertained in church.  But they do need to be connected with.  People need to get on their level and talk about issues that they may be struggling.  Teen issues.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

22 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What is a "good" enough reason and what is it based off?   There are no biblical rules or guidelines for changing churches, but then again there are no such rules for staying at one church forever either.  These are western Christians idea that have no biblical basis

I"m not sure what Western Christians mean.  They are either biblical or not.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Those verses I gave were indicating that if one Church was not bible believing/teaching then it was best to find one that is.

(sorry  for the 16 hour delayed response, but your reply just came in...and it is not the first time your's has been delayed)

Thanks, I agree that is a good reason to leave a church, but not the only reason.  I do not think one needs a "good" reason to leave a church, if they feel led to do so, then they should.

Sorry about the delay of my post showing up, hopefully that will change sometime in the future

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I do not think one needs a "good" reason to leave a church, if they feel led to do so, then they should.

That's it right there,,,,,Holy Spirit !!!!! If we start reasoning & such is when we get all messed up      

On 10/11/2016 at 0:45 PM, RustyAngeL said:

I"m not sure what Western Christians mean.  They are either biblical or not.

Christians in the west (i.e. the US, Canada, parts of Europe) do church differently than other parts of the world.  

The meet in the same twice on Sunday, once on Wednesday, sing a set number of songs, pray, hear a sermon from the same person, pray, sing another song, pray and go home, is not how much of the world does church.

While working out of the Philippines I found a group of Christians that meet at varying times in different places and did whatever they were led to do.  Sometimes they had a 3 hour sermon from who felt led to do it, sometimes they sang for an hour and went home.  The very idea of a "membership" or even being a part of something that required them to "change" churches would be foreign to them. 

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

I'm not so sure about 'feeling' led. I try not to base my decisions on 'feelings'.

Since you are neither a computer nor a Vulcan, your feelings are part of everything you do and ever decision you make.  God did not give you feelings for you to pretend they were not there. 

Just now, Yowm said:

When it comes to choosing a Church, I go by what is taught not by what I 'feel'.

You sure seem to go out of your  way to stir up a controversy.  Different strokes I guess.

There is nothing "taught" about choosing a church or moving to a church.  The very idea of "choosing a church" would have been foreign to both Paul and the Apostles. 

Why is having a different view of something "stirring up controversy"? Is it wrong for me to disagree with you?