IGNORED

What is salvation? Being saved.

Remnantrob

Guest BacKaran

Salvation is Christ who is perfect, taking all my sins upon his body. He took my sins and gave me His righteousness so that I can be found pure and spotless before God so  I may live with him forever in His New Jerusalem! ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/20/2016 at 1:57 PM, Remnantrob said:

The title is pretty self explanatory. I think a lot of people say the same words and have a different understanding of what it means.  How does the bible define salvation?  What were you saved from?  Thanks for the texts in advance.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This is what the believer is saved from... thus salvation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/22/2016 at 10:56 AM, woundeddog said:

that is what causes a Child of the King to live like a pauper---- when we hold on to a sin its like an anchor in our Life of faith- it holds us back from having the abundant life that Jesus wants us to have. So many of us live like beggars because of our one or two cherished sins when we should be living like conquerers like God intended us to. I am not talking about monetary blessing- I am talking about a close fellowship with the Lord-- that sin will keep us 6 feet away from the Lord when we should be in his arms~~~~~ 

So then how do you classify sin and its extremity or its  less effective amount, if you know what i mean. ? Are there degrees of sin and how does the Lord deal with sin in each case.  Willful sin and unconscious sin, do they count as the same sin .    Are there common sins and grave sins that are judged differently .?  Not moving away from the topic, but it all ties in with the OP question in some way, but this may be for another thread. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

46 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So then how do you classify sin

Sin is missing Gods mark--- for a believer all sin has already been punished so we do not bare the eternal consequences of it, but we can experience the earthky negative results of sin, for example if we partake of sexual sin the Bible says we are sinning against our own body, we have a commandment that say we should honor our parents and if we do it will be well with us- that works in reverse--if we do not honor our parents things will not go well in our lives. If we have a sin in our lives that we know is a sin and persist in it, it will dull our sensitivity to Gods speaking to us and could lead to an unpleasant chastisement.

One religious organization classifys sins as mortal or venial- but that is not Biblical, and their view of salvation is not what the Bible says

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 11/12/2016 at 5:06 AM, Remnantrob said:

Is it possible for a justified person to reject sanctification ? and if they do would it effect their salvation ? 

Shalom, Remnantrob.

To be "sanctified" is to be made "holy." A "sanctified" person is a person who is "set apart" by God. This "sanctification," like "justification," is BY GOD!!! We don't have a say over it, one way or another! He chooses those whom He selects and once chosen, like the children of Israel, are HIS to do with as He pleases! It's an HONOR for God to show interest in us, whether positively pleased or negatively displeased! The "hatred" of God is to IGNORE a people or person ENTIRELY, as He did with Esav (Esau).

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 11/12/2016 at 4:06 AM, Remnantrob said:

Is it possible for a justified person to reject sanctification....
and if they do would it effect their salvation....

:sherlock:

Is It Possible For A Beloved Child To Morph Into A Slug

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 1 Peter 1:23 (New International Version)

Or A Loving Brother To Push Him Down

For I hold you by your right hand--I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, 'Don't be afraid. I am here to help you. Isaiah 41:13 (New Living Translation)

Is It Possible For The Father

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1 (English Standard Version)

To Kick The Littles

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Berean Study Bible)

Out

For this is the will of my Father--for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40 (NET Bible)

And Would The Doubters

knowing this first, that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking and walking after their own lusts, 2 Peter 3:3 (New Heart English Bible)

Lie About The Holy Blood That Washes Sins Away

But the Spirit says expressly that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1 (World English Bible)

These Questions Demand A Second Look

When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak whatever He hears. He will also declare to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, because He will take from what is Mine and declare it to you. Everything the Father has is Mine. This is why I told you that He takes from what is Mine and will declare it to you. John 16:13-15 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

At Just Who Is This Glorious Man

The Festival of the Dedication of the Temple took place in Jerusalem during the winter. Jesus was walking on Solomon's porch in the temple courtyard. The Jews surrounded him. They asked him, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly." Jesus answered them, "I've told you, but you don't believe me. The things that I do in my Father's name testify on my behalf. However, you don't believe because you're not my sheep. My sheep respond to my voice, and I know who they are. They follow me, and I give them eternal life. They will never be lost, and no one will tear them away from me. My Father, who gave them to me, is greater than everyone else, and no one can tear them away from my Father. The Father and I are one." John  10:22-30 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

The Only One That Saves

If you know that he is righteous, you know that every one that does righteousness is born of him. 1 John 2:29 (American King James Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

On 11/14/2016 at 5:43 PM, warrior12 said:

So then how do you classify sin and its extremity or its less effective amount, if you know what I mean? Are there degrees of sin and how does the Lord deal with sin in each case.  Willful sin and unconscious sin, do they count as the same sin. Are there common sins and grave sins that are judged differently?  Not moving away from the topic, but it all ties in with the OP question in some way, but this may be for another thread. 

Shabbat shalom, warrior12.

So glad you asked these questions! Sin is sin, and it is all disobedience to God's will, whether direct disobedience by refusing to do what one is supposed to do or by doing what one is NOT supposed to do, or indirect disobedience by failing to do what one is supposed to do or by neglecting to do what one is supposed to do or by NOT avoiding to do what one is NOT supposed to do.

That said, we are told that from God's perspective, all sin is HUGE, COLOSSAL, MONUMENTAL! There's no difference between stealing a donut and killing a person. Both sins are against an all-righteous, sinless, perfect God, who said both "Thou shalt not steal" and "Thou shalt not kill!" We often talk about the "Ten Commandments," but actually, there were 613 Mitsvowt (Commandments)! Yeshua` taught us that all of these Commandments could be summarized by the two:

Deuteronomy 6:4-5
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
KJV

Leviticus 19:17-18
17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
KJV

Because there is only ONE God, YHWH, all of these Commandments are within the ONE Law or Torah. Ya`aqov (James) said,

James 2:8-11
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
KJV

It is only from mankind's perspective that the severity of the results of the sin discriminate one sin from another.

Since stealing only deprives another person of something of some amount of value while murder deprives another person of his or her LIFE, we say that murder is the more culpable. We even differentiate between stealing a donut and stealing a car by the amount of value placed upon that thing by the majority of people's opinions within that society. We also differentiate between killing an innocent life (such as a child) from killing a murderer, saying that the innocent life was more valuable to society than that of the murderer.

It is when we focus on these differences that we INVENT things about punishment in our theological positions, such as "a hotter (or cooler) place in hell," or say that there are differences in time spent in the Lake of Fire. These inventions are NOT, however, supported by Scripture.

NONE of this, however, is tied to "Salvation" in the biblical usage; it's only in regard to "God's Justification" of an individual.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 12/11/2016 at 11:06 PM, Remnantrob said:

Is it possible for a justified person to reject sanctification ? and if they do would it effect their salvation ? 

Whatever life Christians have, comes only through being firmly attached to the vine. That is, through our abiding in Christ...staying connected to Him though the heavens fall. Our sanctification, the process by which the Father recreates us in the image of His Son, is accomplished only as we abide in the Son.

Sadly, and I have been guilty of this, many neglect to do what is necessary to stay connected. They neglect to pray...they neglect to read the word...they neglect to witness. The Spirit of God however will remind them of their duty. Some, because they have fallen back into the world fail to respond to the Spirit's pleadings. I did respond, and through repentance was accepted back int communion with my Lord. Had this affected my salvation?  I was fence sitting. I believed in God, and believed the truth of the gospel. I had both feet in the world, but was not willing to let go completely because I knew the consequences of completely letting go of my faith. I did not enter a church...pray....or read a Bible for many years.  I knew the truth, yet was not living up to what light I had. I was lukewarm. I had known my Savior for many years, but for several reasons had fallen into a state against which Jesus warns that makes Him literally sick. I would be reticent in claiming salvation under such conditions.

On 10/21/2016 at 11:51 AM, Ezra said:

One should not take a single verse to determine a complete doctrine. Matthew 1:21 is more about the meaning of Jesus (Yeshua or Yehoshua or Yahshua) which means GOD IS [OUR] SALVATION (Yah + shua). So God, as the Man Christ Jesus, is the Savior of His people (and from other Scriptures) He is the Savior of the world.  Even more He Himself is our Righteousness, therefore our salvation.

Shalom, Ezra.

You really should take a course on Hebrew, bro. I'm going to make another stab at this: "Yeeshuwa`" ("Jeshua" in the KJV, OT:3442) is NOT THE SAME NAME as "Yehowshuwa`" ("Joshua," "Jehoshuah," or "Jehoshua" in the KJV, OT:3091). Look at the two in Strong's "side by side" (vertically):

OT:3442 Yeeshuwa` (yay-shoo'-ah); for OT:3091; he will save; Jeshua, the name of ten Israelites, also of a place in Palestine:
KJV - Jeshua.

OT:3091 Yehowshuwa` (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); or Yehowshu`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); from OT:3068 and OT:3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader: -Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare OT:1954, OT:3442.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

(Ignore Strong's linking notes here.) OT:3442 Yeeshuwa` is NOT an "abbreviation" of OT:3091 Yehowshuwa`! You really must understand that Hebrew has a masculine and feminine gender to EVERYTHING, even the verbs used for the third person! OT:3442 Yeeshuwa` MEANS "HE WILL SAVE!" It does NOT mean "Jehovah-saved!" It's the third-person, singular, masculine form of the verb! Strong's is not often very clear about the grammar, while it is exceptional on the vocabulary and definitions for words.

I believe that the Bible is every bit inspired by God; so, I believe that Matthew 1:21 has its purpose!

Matthew 1:21
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS
(Greek: "Ieesous" [NT:2424], the transliteration of the Aramaic "Yeeshuwa`" [OT:3443] which is a transliteration of the Hebrew "Yeeshuwa`" [OT:3442]): for he shall save his people from their sins.
KJV

What you say may be true, but that wasn't Matthew's (Matittyahu's) point! It would be YESHUA` HIMSELF who shall save His people from their sins! "HE shall save His people from their sins!"

This is not just my subjective opinion; this is OBJECTIVE TEACHING ABOUT THE HEBREW LANGUAGE! It's not whether my opinion is better or worse than your opinion; it's acknowledging that there are some absolutes that are worth fighting for!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/20/2016 at 4:57 PM, Remnantrob said:

The title is pretty self explanatory. I think a lot of people say the same words and have a different understanding of what it means.  How does the bible define salvation?  What were you saved from?  Thanks for the texts in advance.

Dear brother Remnantrob,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

I agree with you that we are saved from sin.

However, the salvation is not static. As Paul says:

•      “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [ his ] good pleasure.” (Philippians 2.12,13).

Jesus is regenerating and renewing us (Titus 3.4-6) at every instant. In other words, instead of being children of God, we are made children of the God:

•      “But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.” (John 1.12 - Douay-Rheims Bible).

That is, being a child of the Eternal is a process that begins in us when we are converted to Him (see Lamentations 5.21) and is being developed in us as we are guided by Him (Romans 8:14).

Thinking deeper, we have to be saved from ourselves. After all, sin has only place to act in our lives as we insist on finding our life in this world:

• ·      “Know ye not, brethren, ( for I speak to them that know the law, ) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [ even ] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.” (Romans 7.1,4).
  • ·     “For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [ it is ] good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me ( that is, in my flesh, ) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [ how ] to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.” (Romans 7.15-21).

Even this is what baptism means: dying for ourselves so that Christ may live in us:

•         “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only [ so ], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”  (Romans 5.1-5).
  •       “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2.20).
  •       “For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.” (Colossians 3.3).

As long as we insist on living our life here, we will be obliged to submit to the cruel and inhuman authorities of this world, since the whole world lies in the evil one (1 John 5:19):

• ·      “Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.” (Romans 13.1,2).

Summing up:

• ·         If we want to be saved from any root of bitterness that can end all possibility of repentance, conversion, and eternal life in our lives (Hebrews 12: 15-17), we must bring about the mortification of the Lord Jesus everywhere (2 Corinthians 4: 10,11);
  •       if we wish to be saved from a miserable life, namely, hating and being hated (Titus 3: 3), deceiving and being deceived (2 Timothy 3:13), betraying and being betrayed, stealing and being robbed (Isaiah 33: 1), so that we loving our neighbor (as our sister Willa well said), we must deny ourselves, take our cross day after day, and follow Jesus (Luke 9:23).

On 11/9/2016 at 9:08 PM, Willa said:

We were saved from sin for the salvation of our souls.  But there was a purpose.  We are to allow Christ in us to bless others.  We are saved to love others fervently, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.  Instead of being a bless me bunch, we are suppose to bless you.

May Jesus save us from our greatest enemy: ourselves. If you doubt it, read the following verses carefully:

• ·     “What then? are we better [ than they ]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat [ is ] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [ is ] under their lips: whose mouth [ is ] full of cursing and bitterness: their feet [ are ] swift to shed blood: destruction and misery [ are ] in their ways: and the way of peace have they not known: there is no fear of God before their eyes.” (Romans 3.9-18).
  • ·     “So [ are ] the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; [ which ] taketh away the life of the owners thereof.” (Proverbs 1.19)
  • ·     “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [ are ] the ways of death.” (Proverbs 14.12);
  • ·     “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [ are ] the ways of death.” (Proverbs 16.25).
  • ·     “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [ be ] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.” (Jeremiah 17.5).
  • ·     “The heart [ is ] deceitful above all [ things ], and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17.9).
  • ·     “Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:” (Romans 1.24);
  • ·     “And even as they did not like to retain God in [ their ] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;” (Romans 1.28).
  • ·     “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.” (James 1.13-15).
  • ·     "From whence [ come ] wars and fightings among you? [ come they ] not hence, [ even ] of your lusts that war in your members?” (James 4.1).

Edited by Leonardo Von