• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

The marriage supper always takes place after the wedding, i.e., after the Rapture of the Church.

Yes, I believe that this confirms that.

" It is our view that the marriage supper of the Lamb takes place in heaven between the rapture and the second coming (during the tribulation on earth)."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

So Ezra would you say that the holy angels are a part of the bride of Christ? Also you know how Eph. 4 talks about us being the body of Christ? How can the church be both the bride and the body?

4 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

So Ezra would you say that the holy angels are a part of the bride of Christ? Also you know how Eph. 4 talks about us being the body of Christ? How can the church be both the bride and the body?

The body of Christ is the Church.The Church is all the believers in Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The body of Christ is the Church.The Church is all the believers in Jesus Christ.

So the body of Christ is the Church. And the New Jerusalem is the bride? and the Church seems to be the bride according to the article. That's the reason I posed the question.  Because sometimes you can read scripture that seems to contradict someone's stance on a subject like this.  Just wanted to know if you or anyone had a way to interpret the portion of Revelation 21:9,10 that could cause some confusion.

5 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

So the body of Christ is the Church. And the New Jerusalem is the bride? and the Church seems to be the bride according to the article. That's the reason I posed the question.  Because sometimes you can read scripture that seems to contradict someone's stance on a subject like this.  Just wanted to know if you or anyone had a way to interpret the portion of Revelation 21:9,10 that could cause some confusion.

No the Body of Christ is the Church. The Bride is all those who are born again believers in Jesus Christ. There are two things going on here:

" It says that the angel asked John to come see the Lamb's wife(bride) and then the next verse says what he was shown, that great city, the Holy Jerusalem.  So is the bride the church or the city of the New Jerusalem?"

The angel asked John to come and see the bride which is the Church or all believers. Then it says he was shown the great city which is The New Jerusalem.

23 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

How can the church be both the bride and the body?

The two terms are essentially the same and are used interchangeably.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

31 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

No.  Since the holy angels were not redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, they are there as "ministering spirits" (Heb 1:13,14). Ephesians 2 & 4 talk about the Body and the Building of Christ.  Ephesians 5 talks about the Bride. They can be (and are) simultaneously Body, Bride, and Building. These are all metaphors for the Church (the saints).

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

43 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The bride is the Church. Then he was shown the New Jerusalem. They are not associated.

Why are they not associated?  The New Jerusalem is the eternal dwelling place of the Church.  See the Scriptures I have quoted from Hebrews.

8 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Why are they not associated?  The New Jerusalem is the eternal dwelling place of the Church.  See the Scriptures I have quoted from Hebrews.

The New Jerusalem, is characterized as a bride here only because of the beauty and is intimately related to Christ the Lamb. It is not to be confused to the bride because a city is not a bride. The bride is all the believers in Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

The New Jerusalem, is characterized as a bride here only because of the beauty and is intimately related to Christ the Lamb. It is not to be confused to the bride because a city is not a bride. The bride is all the believers in Jesus Christ.

It says the bride and the guests, the logical question will be, the bride who sits besides the groom, the members of the bridal endurance, chosen by the groom, in this extraordinary case, the guests of honor, those who are sitting closer and further and this all is according to the earthly mind, like the heavenly is trying to immitate and out dovthe earthly customs, which vary with every culture and has many variations among the same culture, depending on a numerous variances, but to go back to the scriptures, we can see that Jesus talked about different suppers.

One of them was that he invited people from the by ways, as they were, just pick them up and bring them to the supper. And many with the special invitation, even personal invitation, refuse to attend. 

Another one supper was only for the guest with the white robes, and the one who was found without the white robe  in that supper was kicked out.

Another one was an individual participation, when Jesus in the beginning of the book of revelation , when he found something taking place in all the churches , that was not from him, like dust on their feet, and the churches refused the attempt of Jesus who tried to wash this dust away from them, snd instant they rebuke him, as someone who wanted to steal from them their blessing, because that's how they saw things, in away that justified the dust, and did not saw it, as a dust, but as a blessing.

But Jesus then turned to they individual believers and said: to them who will let me wash this dust from their feet, I will invite them to have a special supper with me. And give them a very special blessing that comes with a new name that I will give them that only me and them will know. 

Another very strong example is what Jesus said: if you love me, and keep my commandments,

(and this has nothing to do with keeping the ten commandments, but it rather has everything to do when Jesus gives a commant to someone to do something, on his behave, like the command he gave to Peter to go to Kornilious family, and he obeyd, and the command he gave to Philip to go to the dessert, and without him knowing the reason he went, and he ministered to the Eunuh, and Paul who obey him and he went to Philipie, and he endure beating and went to prison, being obedient and without him knowing at first, that he had to go there, because that was his primary reason of going there to meet the warden, the Macedonian man who was calling him in his vision, a soul thirsty to here the good news),

Me and my Father will come and make our abode with you, this is a great supper where Jesus is inviting his Father to be there to meet his bride, in this case Peter, in another Philip, and in another Paul, and he indroduse his Father to them and he introduce to them his Father, what a great day that was for Peter, Philip and Paul to have this experience and they are not the only ones, and we all know the great results that came out of their obedience in these three evens.