• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

THE GOD OF SECOND CHANCES

4/18/2005

But go, tell His disciples------and Peter------that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.

-- MARK 16:7

Does God give second chances to those who have failed Him? He certainly did so for Peter. Peter had proudly announced that he was Jesus' most reliable disciple (Matt. 26:33). Yet Peter not only fled with the other disciples in the moment of crisis, but also blatantly denied he even knew Jesus (Matt. 26:69-75). Peter failed so miserably that he went out into the night and wept bitterly (Luke 22:62). How compassionate the risen Christ was to Peter! The angel gave the women at the tomb special instructions to let Peter know that He was risen. Jesus took Peter aside to allow him the opportunity to reaffirm his love and commitment (John 21:15-17). The risen Lord also chose Peter as His primary spokesman on the day of Pentecost, when three thousand people were added to the church. God's desire is to take you from where you are and bring you to where He wants you to be. When He found His defeated followers hiding together in an upper room, Jesus' first word was "peace" (John 20:19). Jesus' first words to you after you fail may also be "peace." Jesus will find you in despair and bring you peace. Then, He will reorient you to Himself so that you can believe Him and follow Him. Don't give up if you have failed your Lord. Remember what happened to Peter. God has not yet finished developing you as a disciple.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Bro David™
THE GOD OF SECOND CHANCES

4/18/2005 

But go, tell His disciples------and Peter------that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.

-- MARK 16:7

Does God give second chances to those who have failed Him? He certainly did so for Peter. Peter had proudly announced that he was Jesus' most reliable disciple (Matt. 26:33). Yet Peter not only fled with the other disciples in the moment of crisis, but also blatantly denied he even knew Jesus (Matt. 26:69-75). Peter failed so miserably that he went out into the night and wept bitterly (Luke 22:62). How compassionate the risen Christ was to Peter! The angel gave the women at the tomb special instructions to let Peter know that He was risen. Jesus took Peter aside to allow him the opportunity to reaffirm his love and commitment (John 21:15-17). The risen Lord also chose Peter as His primary spokesman on the day of Pentecost, when three thousand people were added to the church. God's desire is to take you from where you are and bring you to where He wants you to be. When He found His defeated followers hiding together in an upper room, Jesus' first word was "peace" (John 20:19). Jesus' first words to you after you fail may also be "peace." Jesus will find you in despair and bring you peace. Then, He will reorient you to Himself so that you can believe Him and follow Him. Don't give up if you have failed your Lord. Remember what happened to Peter. God has not yet finished developing you as a disciple.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup,

Moses, David, all of us.

:blink:

Guest Magdalene

Last Friday, I had to end a six-month relationship because it was destroying my relationship with God. I was pretty much counting on marrying this guy. Right now, I'm kicking myself because I allowed the relationship to progress like it did. Huh, I allowed myself to go out with someone who doesn't have a close relationship with God!

So, right now, I feel like I'm in limbo as I try to concentrate on my relationship with Jesus and fighting the urge to find a guy to "rebound" off of. Reading what ya'll have wrote has been a blessing to me and I guess all I can really say to add to this discussion is this: It ain't easy and it's not a "magic word" sort of formula. Giving God control and choosing His way is a day-by-day challenge. This is something I had to learn the hard way...

Guest Bro David™
Last Friday, I had to end a six-month relationship because it was destroying my relationship with God.  I was pretty much counting on marrying this guy.  Right now, I'm kicking myself because I allowed the relationship to progress like it did.  Huh, I allowed myself to go out with someone who doesn't have a close relationship with God!

So, right now, I feel like I'm in limbo as I try to concentrate on my relationship with Jesus and fighting the urge to find a guy to "rebound" off of.  Reading what ya'll have wrote has been a blessing to me and I guess all I can really say to add to this discussion is this:  It ain't easy and it's not a "magic word" sort of formula.  Giving God control and choosing His way is a day-by-day challenge.  This is something I had to learn the hard way...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will lift you up in prayer my sis.

You would consider maybe putting a prayer request up in the boards.

The whole worthy family can then pray for you .

:thumbsup:

I know it's hard sis.

Just hang it there okay, God will shine the light on your path soon.

God Bless You.

• Group:  Royal Member

David,

Do you understand what the Lord is teaching in regard to the other thread about being unequally yoked? I believe this is timely.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dear Magdalene,

Here is the other thread:

Nude posters on bf's wall

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest naimee_s

My question to this is what happens when you truely believe that you gave your sins to Jesus and was forgiven....then you repeat the sins? Does that mean that you really never truely were forgiven?

I think it means that you need to examine yourself and see why you are still doing what you are doing? Look at His Word, and what He says about the particular thing you are doing, and then don't just admit you are doing that sin, but confess it to Him. There is a difference between admitting and confessing, and then repenting. Look at 1 John.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

last nite i downed 20 units of alcohol and smoked 4 joints with some friends. i do thi about 3/4 times a week. i am kinda seeing someone who i sleep with and who doesnt think theres a god. i dont belong to a church or have any friends who are christians. i dont really know what my personal sins are or how to stop them, or where im at with gods plan for my life. ive also been feeling dark spirits or something similar near my bedroom door. sufice to say i have a feeling litterally EVERYTHING i do is a sin and its effecting the people i love and care about and maybe god is punishing them for my sin. i pray loads and follow his word, but sometimes i just dont know why he cares about me