Suzanne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

Acts 26:18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'

Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Abraham believed in God's power....to do what He had promised!!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Suzanne,

That's the essence of it. Those who received Him were born of God, or born again, or re-created in the image of God, created unto good works. If we have now been created unto good works, and can do all things through Christ who lives in us, then we are without excuse if we do not do them. We have willingly chosen to be in rebellion against God and will have our candlestick, the Holy Spirit, removed and be left in perfect darkness. That is the essence of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, He is given to us to work the works of God through us, and if we oppose him and say we don't need to do the works of God, we call him a liar and we choose another spirit, the spirit of anti-christ.

This teaching of works not being required is nothing new, the early church dealt with this. Then it was called Antinomianism, or anti-law. The devil has nothing new, just old heresies repackaged for those who don't love God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength.

God bless and keep,

Dennis

Edited by Pilgrim7

Dear Dennis,

I DO hope that you will read "The Study of the Cup".

In His Love,

Suzanne

Blackaby Devotion for Today:

FAITHFUL WOUNDS

5/12/2005

Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

-- PROVERBS 27:6

Jesus never gave relief to people who were under conviction. When Zaccheus, in remorse for his sin, shared his generous plans for restitution, Jesus did not say, "Now Zaccheus, the important thing is that you feel sorry for what you did." Jesus brought no comfort to him as he dealt with his sin (Luke 19:1-10). Neither did Jesus excuse disbelief. We never find Jesus saying, "Well, that's all right. I know I'm asking you to believe a lot, and that's not easy." On the contrary, Jesus was quick to chastise His disciples when they failed to believe Him. Jesus loved His friends too much to condone or comfort them in their sin. It is possible to be too gentle with your friends. When a friend is under deep conviction by the Holy Spirit, do you try to give comfort? Don't ever try to ease the discomfort of someone whom the Holy Spirit is making uncomfortable! Be careful not to communicate to your friends that you find their lack of faith acceptable. You are not acting in true friendship if you condone disobedience or even if you look the other way. Kisses are far more pleasant than wounds, yet they can be even more devastating if they lull your friend into being comfortable with sin. In our attempt to appease our friends and our reluctance to share a word from God, we can actually cause great harm. If we see our friends in danger and do not warn them, God will hold us accountable for our silence (Ezek. 33:6). Are you a friend of such integrity that you would risk wounding your friends in order to deter them from their sin?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Suzanne,

I would love to read the "Study of the Cup" but I don't know what it is. Keep up the good fight of that works by love and pruifies the Soul Temple.

This one thing I do, I press toward the mark,

Dennis

Suzanne,

I would love to read the "Study of the Cup" but I don't know what it is.  Keep up the good fight of that works by love and pruifies the Soul Temple. 

This one thing I do, I press toward the mark,

Dennis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is here Dennis. You may have already seen it, as it is under this Study Section on WorthyBoards.

The Cup

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

It's called repentance. And the Bible says in many places (such as Acts 3:19) that repentance is needed to be saved. You think you're saved because you believe? :thumbsup: Even the demons believe.

Jesus paid the price for all sin/our sins on the cross..................He suffered and died in doing so.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest quadding101

God said that He looks at the heart to see why we say what we say, do what we do, and think what we think. Do u say and do and think because of lust, greed, envy, jealousy etc. or do we say and do and think because of love, compassion, long suffering etc. What is in ur heart? When God's Spirit comes into ur heart the inborn nature is cast out and ur heart is purifyed, sin like greed, lust, envy etc. is cast out because god will not dwell where sin dwells. When sin like greed, etc. is cast out then it is no longer in control of u, it is how God makes it possible to say no to sin. As long as the inborn nature is in ur heart it will compel u to sin but when God's Spirit comes into ur heart sin becomes a choice. If u truly have God it is possible to say no to sin and it is how u r set free from sin.

AMEN!

In His Love,

Suzanne