OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I mean, it just stands to reason since electoral votes are given to a State according to its population.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

I mean, it just stands to reason since electoral votes are given to a State according to its population.

only part of the electoral votes are due to population.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, other one said:

doesn't work that way....   even with the Millennials  get older they will realize that the government is messing them over.

A good conservative Republican is just a dedicated Democrat that realized that he/she's been mugged by the government....

While it is true that some will become more fiscally conservative as they get older, many less will become socially so.  Where they stand on issues like gay marriage, LGBT rights and even abortion are not going to shift greatly.  

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

While it is true that some will become more fiscally conservative as they get older, many less will become socially so.  Where they stand on issues like gay marriage, LGBT rights and even abortion are not going to shift greatly.  

My views have changed and most old people that I know have at least mellowed a bit in their actions of what to do with them.....

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, other one said:

My views have changed and most old people that I know have at least mellowed a bit in their actions of what to do with them.....

When I read the word "mellowed" I take that to mean less hardline, or less Conservative even in your views towards "them" and what to do with "them".  And if that is the case and today's youth mellow with age then that is even worse for a party whose bread and butter is to oppose "them". 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Seems every time there's a major political shift in the White House at least one third of Americans think "the Anti-Christ" was elected, one third of Americans think "the Savior" was elected, and one third of Americans fall somewhere in-between. If your candidate won or lost consider this election with a grain of salt. Let's focus on respecting each other, being kind to one another, and moving forward together.

While we may or may not completely understand (or agree?) with the electoral system... Let's pray for the USA and the world. Let's pray for God to be made known among the nations. For people to come to know Jesus and the hope that can only be found in Him!

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

2 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Seems every time there's a major political shift in the White House at least one third of Americans think "the Anti-Christ" was elected, one third of Americans think "the Savior" was elected, and one third of Americans fall somewhere in-between. If your candidate won or lost consider this election with a grain of salt. Let's focus on respecting each other, being kind to one another, and moving forward together.

While we may or may not completely understand (or agree?) with the electoral system... Let's pray for the USA and the world. Let's pray for God to be made known among the nations. For people to come to know Jesus and the hope that can only be found in Him!

God bless,
GE

I"m not understanding any of this.  Trump won Hillary lost, it's over and done.  God is still in control and in charge, where is the confusion?  

We need to start praying for our new president and for our country and stop all of this nonsense. 

actually it isn't done till the electoral college casts it's voted in December...    if they don't vote for who they are supposed to there would be hell to pay, but there is always that chance.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

3 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"m not understanding any of this.  Trump won Hillary lost, it's over and done.  God is still in control and in charge, where is the confusion?  

We need to start praying for our new president and for our country and stop all of this nonsense. 

What's confusing about my statements? The election for nominating the electoral college is done. There are still people out there who are fearful and hurting. Stop what nonsense? 

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A friend posted this presentation on the Electoral College. It actually helped me understand how the Electoral College makes voting more fair.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/do-you-understand-electoral-college