• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Ezra said:

Roman Catholics have been taught that any interpretation of the Bible which rejects their doctrines is "personal" and "private" and unworthy of serious consideration, since it is merely an "opinion".

Is that right Erza..... if this is the case, you should have no problem showing from any official Catholic source that make such a claim. Like maybe from the Catechism of the Catholic Church for starters. If you cannot, are you willing to do the right right thing and admit you were wrong?

But when the Pope says that climate change is the biggest threat to mankind, that is perfectly OK, even though it is total nonsense.

Total nonsence? Do you have a Degree in Climatology, a degree which deals with climates and their phenomena to make such a serious claim? If not, would you again admit that this is just your opinion, and made it knowing darn well you were completely out of your realm?

Peace

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Hoddie, how come you choose that name man/miss, every time i see your name, i have an imagination of a guy in the hood. This is my rational thinking.    Anyway the Scripture verse below is just for contemplation and refers to no one or projected to none.

Lol!!  it has nothing to do with being in a hood.  Short story, a Hod was a tool used in the Brick Masonry trade wayyyyyyy back in the day, and the name stuck. I was a Hoddie for 37 years before I retired. It was a hard trade, burt made a good living at it along with a good pension. (we were a union shop)

To get the full gist of the trade....  Google "Hod Carrier"

Peace

p.s.  I like your username, any significance behind it?   Oh yeah.......   I'm a Dude!   :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

23 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Lol!!  it has nothing to do with being in a hood.  Short story, a Hod was a tool used in the Brick Masonry trade wayyyyyyy back in the day, and the name stuck. I was a Hoddie for 37 years before I retired. It was a hard trade, burt made a good living at it along with a good pension. (we were a union shop)

To get the full gist of the trade....  Google "Hod Carrier"

Peace

p.s.  I like your username, any significance behind it?   Oh yeah.......   I'm a Dude!   :)

When I laid brick we called that job a mud man of course that was not waaay back in the day, I was a mud man for a year before I got on the wall. Cool name and cool info I did not know mud man came from hod or hoddie

Edited by coheir

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

50 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Is that right Erza..... if this is the case, you should have no problem showing from any official Catholic source that make such a claim.

An official source of Catholic teaching is the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia.  What we see in the quotation below is that only the Church (meaning the RCC) has the right and authority to interpret Scripture:

"As regards Biblical interpretation properly so called the Church is infallible in the sense that, whether by authentic decision of pope or council, or by its current teaching that a given passage of Scripture has a certain meaning, this meaning must be regarded as the true sense of the passage in question. It claims this power of infallible interpretation only in matters of faith and morals, that is where religious or moral truth is in danger, directly, if the text or passage belongs to the moral and religious order..."

51 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Do you have a Degree in Climatology, a degree which deals with climates and their phenomena to make such a serious claim?

I don't need a degree in Climatology to discover nonsense.  There is a whole body of qualified scientists who specialize in this field and who have made it clear that man-made climate change is a hoax- plain and simple.  Hence Trump will be shutting down NASA's experiments in this area.

But so are all the claims of infallibility and Magisterium that emanate from Rome. If the Pope's teachings were really true to Scripture, then at least 95-98% of the RCC's teachings and practices would have to be jettisoned. OUCH!

12 hours ago, Ezra said:

An official source of Catholic teaching is the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia.  What we see in the quotation below is that only the Church (meaning the RCC) has the right and authority to interpret Scripture:

"As regards Biblical interpretation properly so called the Church is infallible in the sense that, whether by authentic decision of pope or council, or by its current teaching that a given passage of Scripture has a certain meaning, this meaning must be regarded as the true sense of the passage in question. It claims this power of infallible interpretation only in matters of faith and morals, that is where religious or moral truth is in danger, directly, if the text or passage belongs to the moral and religious order..."

Sorry Erza, But I couldn't find these two sentences in the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia, maybe I was looking in the wrong area.

However, I can give the web-site if people want to see the fullness of it, something you failed to mention. And it would be my belief if people go to the site, and read it in it's entirety, they will then see for themselves why.     Ouch!    :)

It is a bit lengthy, but worth the read..... not the couple of sentences that dosen't give it justice like you posted. The site is: www.newadvent.org › Catholic Encyclopedia ›/Infallibility.

What we see in the quotation below is that only the Church (meaning the RCC) has the right and authority to interpret Scripture:

Really..... Is that what you truly believe? I'll ask you the same thing I've asked a few others.... How about the Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics?

I don't need a degree in Climatology to discover nonsense. There is a whole body of qualified scientists who specialize in this field and who have made it clear that man-made climate change is a hoax- plain and simple.

Hmmmm. I wonder if some of the folks in the South Pacific, living on one of the hundreds of islands that are only a couple of feet above sea-level, would agree with ya.

But so are all the claims of infallibility and Magisterium that emanate from Rome. If the Pope's teachings were really true to Scripture, then at least 95-98% of the RCC's teachings and practices would have to be jettisoned.

In the matters of faith and morals? Give some examples Erza, for I'd wouldn't mind.......as Jed Clampette would say " git dat dar feller an edge-u-cation." :)

OUCH![/quote

Lol! We'll see! :)

Peace

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Really..... Is that what you truly believe? I'll ask you the same thing I've asked a few others.... How about the Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics?

They don't go around preaching the infallibility of the Magisterium.

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

In the matters of faith and morals? Give some examples Erza, for I'd wouldn't mind...

Actually I posted a dozen errors of the RCC.  That should be good for starters.  The main thing is for you to acknowledge them, then find the truth in Scripture.  Being an apologist for errors does not bode well.

15 minutes ago, Ezra said:

They don't go around preaching the infallibility of the Magisterium.

Lol!!! Are you 100% sure about that Erza? I suggest you doing a bit of research to see if these Catholic rites are in full Communion with the Pope. After you do, come back and I'll put a band-aid on that owie for ya........ Ouch!

Actually I posted a dozen errors of the RCC.

Well, you'll have to excuse me, for I don't recall you posting any of these supposed errors. Care to post a couple of what you would consider "biggy's" out of this list of twelve, so I could 'edge-u-cach" ya?

Oh yeah Erza, The Roman Catholic Church? Care to rephrase that after doing your home work?

That should be good for starters.

Let me see-um.

The main thing is for you to acknowledge them, then find the truth in Scripture.

I will if you can prove them, I'd do it in a heart beat. And if you can't,, and when I do show your errors, will "you" acknowledge them? Like starting with your opening statement.

Being an apologist for errors does not bode well.

Uh Huh.... something your finding out first hand! Right? :)

Peace

13 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Oh yeah Erza, The Roman Catholic Church? Care to rephrase that after doing your home work?

Not really. Please note below the expose of the RCC by the Orthodox Patriarch back in 1895:

The Patriarchal Encyclical of 1895

A Reply to the Papal Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII, on Reunion

...But in these last times the evil one has rent from the orthodox Church of Christ even whole nations in the West, having inflated the bishops of Rome with thoughts of excessive arrogance, which has given birth to divers lawless and anti-evangelical innovations. And not only so, but furthermore the Popes of Rome from time to time, pursuing absolutely and without examination modes of union according to their own fancy, strive by every means to reduce to their own errors the catholic Church of Christ, which throughout the world walks unshaken in the orthodoxy of faith transmitted to her by the Fathers....

Agreeably, therefore, to this sacred longing, our orthodox Church of Christ is always ready to accept any proposal of union, if only the Bishop of Rome would shake off once for all the whole series of the many and divers anti-evangelical novelties that have been 'privily brought in' to his Church, and have provoked the sad division of the Churches of the East and West, and would return to the basis of the seven holy Ecumenical Councils, which, having been assembled in the Holy Spirit, of representatives of all the holy Churches of God, for the determination of the right teaching of the faith against heretics, have a universal and perpetual supremacy in the Church of Christ. 

http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/encyc_1895.aspx

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

Not really. Please note below the expose of the RCC by the Orthodox Patriarch back in 1895:

The Patriarchal Encyclical of 1895

A Reply to the Papal Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII, on Reunion

...But in these last times the evil one has rent from the orthodox Church of Christ even whole nations in the West, having inflated the bishops of Rome with thoughts of excessive arrogance, which has given birth to divers lawless and anti-evangelical innovations. And not only so, but furthermore the Popes of Rome from time to time, pursuing absolutely and without examination modes of union according to their own fancy, strive by every means to reduce to their own errors the catholic Church of Christ, which throughout the world walks unshaken in the orthodoxy of faith transmitted to her by the Fathers....

Agreeably, therefore, to this sacred longing, our orthodox Church of Christ is always ready to accept any proposal of union, if only the Bishop of Rome would shake off once for all the whole series of the many and divers anti-evangelical novelties that have been 'privily brought in' to his Church, and have provoked the sad division of the Churches of the East and West, and would return to the basis of the seven holy Ecumenical Councils, which, having been assembled in the Holy Spirit, of representatives of all the holy Churches of God, for the determination of the right teaching of the faith against heretics, have a universal and perpetual supremacy in the Church of Christ. 

http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/encyc_1895.aspx

Sorry Erza, nowhere in our discussion was the Eastern Orthodox Church mentioned.We were talking about the the Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics, remember. It was you that claimed these Catholics "Didn't go around preaching the Infallibilility of the Magisterium." Remember? And then I asked if you were 100% sure. So once again, If you are as sure as your statement suggests, show any official Catholic documentation that proves that the Maronite, Ukrainian,and Chaldean Catholic Rites are not in full Communion with the Pope. Now if you cannot, are you willing to admit you were in error?

Now as for the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, I am fully aware of the most tragic division within Christianity, the one between the Catholic Church and the Orthodox church. However, while Catholics and Eastern Orthodox are separate for the moment, what unites us is still far greater than what divides us, and there are abundant reasons for optimism regarding reconciliation in the future. Over the last several decades, there has been a marked lessening of tensions and overcoming of long-standing hostilities.

In 1965, Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras I of Constantinople lifted mutual excommunications dating from the eleventh century, and in 1995, Pope John Paul II and Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople concelebrated the Eucharist together. John Paul II, the first Slavic pope, has made the reconciliation of Eastern and Western Christendom a special theme of his pontificate, and he has released a large number of documents and addresses honoring the contributions of Eastern Christendom and seeking to promote unity between Catholics and Orthodox.

It is again becoming possible to envision a time when the two communions will be united and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, fulfill their duty in bringing about Christ’s solemn desire and command "that they may be one" (John 17:11).

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So the greatest scholarship presented here is take error and join it with error and you have RCC in its finest moment of error... The Word of God is the only authority we have and the Holy Spirit our Teacher. Satan knows that he can use the Bible as his word if he is the god in it.... Spiritual purity lies in God alone so to receive this purity one must go to God (The I AM THAT I AM) and not the creature...  Love, Steven