• Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Only God heals.

mp3speaker.gifgift of healing

Question: "What is the spiritual gift of healing?"

Answer:
The spiritual gift of healing is the supernatural manifestation of the Spirit of God that miraculously brings healing and deliverance from disease and/or infirmity. It is the power of God that destroys the work of sin and/or the devil in the human body, such as the healings that Jesus and the disciples performed (Matthew 4:24; 15:30; Acts 5:15-16; 28:8-9). The gift of healing given to the church is primarily noted in 1 Corinthians 12, where the spiritual gifts are listed.

Spiritual gifts are powers, skills, abilities, or knowledge given by God through the Holy Spirit to Christians. Paul tells the church that the purpose of the spiritual gifts is to edify other believers and, ultimately, to glorify God. God gives these gifts for His use, but in the Corinthian church, they were apparently a type of status symbol or being used to indicate superiority. Interestingly, 1 Corinthians 12:9 refers to “gifts” of healing in the plural, which may indicate that there are different gifts of healing. The gifts of healing could mean a very wide range of skills or abilities. This could be from the power to do miraculous or dramatic healing, like making the lame walk, or the use or understanding of medicine. It could even be the ability to empathize and show love to others to the point of healing an emotional wound.

There has been much debate about the usage of the spiritual gift of healing among Christians. Some believe the gift of healing and some other sign gifts are no longer operative today, while others believe the miraculous gifts are still in use today. Of course, the power to heal was never in the gifted person himself/herself. The power to heal is from God and God alone. Although God does still heal today, we believe His healing through the gift of healing belonged primarily to the apostles of the first-century church to affirm that their message was from God (Acts 2:22; 14:3).

God still performs miracles. God still heals people. There is nothing preventing God from healing one person through the ministry of another person. However, the miraculous gift of healing, as a spiritual gift, does not seem to be functioning today. God can certainly intervene in whatever manner He sees fit, whether in “normal” fashion or through a miracle. Our salvation itself is miracle. We were dead in sin, but God entered our lives and made us new creatures (2 Corinthians 5:17). That is the greatest healing of all.

https://gotquestions.org/gift-of-healing.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

There really is no point copy pasting what someone else says if they aint here to defend it and back it up. Is there?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 11/24/2016 at 7:35 AM, full goespel said:

You need to loo up the word saved in the greek. Once you know what the word saved is in the greek then you will clearly understand what saved is. and that it encompases healed.

Except for one small detail. A word, has more that one meaning, and it is not true that proper exegesis, would allow for us implying one possible definition, every time a single word is used.

Re: sozo though, see:

http://biblehub.com/greek/4982.htm

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Except for one small detail. A word, has more that one meaning, and it is not true that proper exegesis, would allow for us implying one possible definition, every time a single word is used.

Re: sozo though, see:

http://biblehub.com/greek/4982.htm

Except for one detail are your serious. Is that not what I said. It means more than one thing. Are you trying to say it only means one thing at a time. If you thatswrong. If your not saying that. what coud you be possibly saying? Please explain your self a little further to expell any confusion cause am lost here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, full goespel said:

I looked for He recived much prayer. Where did you read that. Can you quote it please?

For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. (Phil 2:27).

1. Was Paul sorrowing because of Epaphroditus' fatal illness?

2. Would he have not healed him with a touch if he could have?

3. Since he could not, would Paul have been praying for him instead?

4. Does not "but on me also" imply that God had mercy on both men by healing Epaphroditus in answer to Paul's prayer?

5. Must Christians today always have the exact statement (rather than the implied statement) before they believe anything?  This is the ludicrous trend we are finding today.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

So I am going to argue for God being great and your going to say not so great.                                       fullgoespel

Not so great? Where do you come up with this stuff.......there is nobody GREATER as I well know...

King James Bible
For as much as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.
Jeremiah 10:6

Funny....Here I am,an actual living Testimony of Gods Greatness,here to Glorify God & encourage others that He is STILL,always WAS,IS & FOREVER WILL BE....Jehovah Rapha,that Miracle Working,Great Physician,Healer God that I know personally & Who has delivered me of the spirit of cancer to set me FREE from disease & yet you speak as though you truly believe you know something about the GiFT of Healing?????I'm gobsmacked! What do you know,what have you been Healed of & what documented evidence have you of your marvelous works? When was the last time you graced a hospice & everyone got us,took u p their mats & left the building? I have documented evidence of before & after pet scans to show the cancer through out my body & then,,,VANISHED,no evidence of cancer!!!! So my friend,I not only know & have His Word written on my heart & forever in my mind but I also am His Living Proof,I live my FAITH in His Word & stand on it boasting for Christ in WHOM I am FREE INDEED.......you talk much,listen little & imo,know nothing

Maybe He ws not there veery week. But once again you are saying something with no scripture, Thats strange coming from someone who wants scripture.

Perhaps you should do some studying about the Temple at Jerusalem,the place where Jesus went as we learn from the Scriptures (Mark 12:41-44 RSV) and then we come to the story of the lame man who sat at the "Beautiful Gate" (Acts 3:1-8 RSV)

"And all the people saw him walking and praising God, and recognized him as the one who sat for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the Temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.    Acts 3:10

Obviously the man was there all the time,at the very same gate Jesus walked through............so you asked for Scr6ioture & here they are.you do not know your Scriptures very well & you have to do your own studies,that is one place to begin if you would like to research & find out where Jesus walked and learn about ancient Jerusalem,it was not like America....there was not a temple or a church on every corner but I'm not here to give you history lessons

Maybe you can tell me how Gods picks who gets healed and who deos not. and with scripture please. Twell me about this God who says yes to some and no to others. You said you believe in Healing and laying on of hands. You will not lay hands on unless God calls you to. Where is the scripture for that. And the other things you claim are Gods will. and the way He does things.

How would I know Gods Ways which are much Higher than mine? Or better yet,why would I need to know?I don't I simply walk by Faith,I never said I do not lay hands on people,you are assuming  I do not....I frequent the hospital very often,how about you?Some are healed & some are not,what do you do when they are NOT healed? I suppose you blame them for lack of faith......how awful that would be.......

You have a lot to learn my friend,perhaps you will & maybe not but I certainly will not sit by idly while you preach a false doctrine to condemn some very FAITHFUL Born Again Believers that just have a different Calling than I do for Gods Glorious Purpose                     Best Regards & Love in Christ,Kwik  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

I'm writing this because some people come here to claim that God Heals everyone,all the time,of all disorders,disease ,dysfunction,sickness,malfunctions & abnormalities every time and when that DOES NOT happen that it is because the person is lacking the Faith....that it just SOOOO wrong,complete deception & disillusion and I just want to encourage anyone & everyone as they await the manifestation of their HEALING.....believe me,Gods Power to do these things  is NOT contingent upon your FAITH.He is ABLE & certainly through/by your FAITH you ARE HEALED.....never stop believing,not for a minute,in spite of anything you see,feel or hear & do not let it shake your FAITH if you still have not seen the results you were hoping to see,what is MOST important is that you TRUST God & know that He has a Greater Plan & Purpose for you,no matter what circumstance you are in   it is not about US,it is all about HIM....our situations should be of no consequence,have FAITH,Trust God!

One of my dearest friends,Val,passed away.....Val was a Spirit Filled Believer,a Faithful,obedient woman of God who NEVER lacked FAITH,not for a moment & yet,Val has gone ....she was called home....we are appointed a time to be born & a time to die,it was Vals appointed time to leave here and move on

Val was diabetic,she suffered greatly physically but you would never know it,she always had Peace,Joy & a Praise on her lips.....she was an encourager,a praiser,a prayer & a worshipper   She was by my side when I went through illness as I was by hers,in her final days she was hospitalized & lost a limb,she had sepsis......the entire church,pastor,elders ,including myself came & laid hands on her...time & again,each t7ime everyone of us expected Val to leave the hospital with us in perfect health but that never happened,,,,,,not one of us ever considered that anyone did not have enough Faith to heal Val,nor did Val    it was simply not Gods Will that Val spend one more day in her physical body & you know what,Val IS HEALED,she was indeed HEALED & in her Glorious New Body!!!!!

My message is that you all stand on Gods Word,know that He is ABLE & nothing is impossible for Him,keep BELIEVING,never lose your HOPE in Christ Jesus but never stop Trusting God if He has something for you other that what you want or think you need.....read this Testimony & give God the Glory!!!!

http://www.alrasub.com/personal-testimony-nick-vujicic-arms-legs-limits/                          

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 11/25/2016 at 10:03 PM, full goespel said:

Go listen to Dan Mohler Todd White. Curry Blake. John G lake. David Hogan.

Three of these "word of faith like" men I have looked into in the past. John G. Lake, Tood White, and David Hogan.
As kwikphilly has noted, lopsided messages brought by men and women like this often do nothing in the way of deepening faith, they often squelch it!

John G Lake was looked up to as a healer and miracle worker.
Healer, heal thyself comes to mind. Mr. Lake had a stroke, and died two weeks later from it's complications:

"On Labor Day 1935, Dr. (John Graham Lake) and Mrs. Lake attended a Sunday school picnic. He came home very tired and after a hot supper, lay down to rest. A guest speaker was at the church that evening so Mrs. Lake prevailed on him to stay at home. She went to church in his place. When she arrived home, she found that he had a stroke in her absence. He lingered for about two weeks, unconscious most of the time, until September 16, 1935, when he went to be with his Lord."

These three Lake, White, Hogan, are lessor known men than others like them, however they have very "similar word of faith like" teachings of those with big names.
Much "hype" with no real truth, and many many stories which cannot be verified. Our Lord's healings and miracles in the Bible were always "verified."
In the Truth they attempt to teach, they, like so many others in our day, come across much like a broken clock, where the clock is only right twice a day, or at best a clock only broken for half the day, and right only half of the time.

The "real" Holy Spirit always testifies of Jesus Christ! This is so little understood today.
Many of this Word of Faith and Emergent fervor "worship" the Holy Spirit. They ignore the Word, Jesus Christ that the Holy Spirit points to:

John 15:26  But when the Comforter (Holy Spirit) is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, (Father God)  even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of Me: (Jesus Christ)

-The Holy Spirit testifies of Jesus Christ.  The Bible/Word represents Jesus Christ. 
Anything the Holy Spirit speaks or does testifies of Jesus Christ and His Word the Bible, and Christ is always glorified. 
Anything we hear or see done outside of the boundaries of that Word does not come from God,  no matter how good the words or works/manifestations seem to be!