• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, RealPresence said:

I was simply showing that the Canon of Scripture was compiled and declared by the Catholic Church under the guidance of the holy spirit (John 16:12-15). this is a historical fact that cannot be denied.

Since the Holy Spirit did NOT inspire the non-canonical Apocryphal books (or Deutero-canonical if you wish to play word games), it can be stated with complete confidence that the Bible of the Catholic Church is NOT the true Bible.  The Reformers rejected the Apocrypha. So that totally demolishes your argument about who compiled the canon. Here are those non-canonical books:

1. Tobit

2. Judith 

3. Wisdom of Solomon

4. Sirach

5. Baruch

6. 1 Maccabees

7. 2 Maccabees

8. Additions to Esther

9. Additions to Daniel

10. Additions to Jeremiah

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Real presence has been banned from the thread and will be issued a warning point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

7 hours ago, RealPresence said:

Face it - you don't "feel compelled" to answer the questions because you can't.

In response to Kwikphilly you said what i quoted

The tongue is an unruly evil full of deadly poison... You should watch your mouth...!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

Brothers & Sisters

Real Presence has been banned so we needn't comment or re4ply to his comments anymore.......nobody got him banned but his own tongue.....please,ets keep him in our prayers that Gods Love will draw him unto Himself that he may Receive our Lords  gentleness,kindness & humility,in Jesus Mighty Name....                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I don't know as a Baptist I have found that some of the verses in the Apocryphool have really helped me develop a mature Christian walk- MY favorite verses are~~~

God helps those that help them selves

cleanliness is next to Godliness

God works in mysterious ways

Charity begins at home

money is the root of all evil

a stich in time saves nine

a penny saved is a penny earned

and my all time favorite when the chief priest was talking to Jesus~~~ " and you call yourself a Christian??"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, woundeddog said:

I don't know as a Baptist I have found that some of the verses in the Apocryphool have really helped me...

Sounds more like Poor Richard's Almanac. But those are all good aphorisms.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings

Brothers & Sisters

Real Presence has been banned so we needn't comment or re4ply to his comments anymore.......nobody got him banned but his own tongue.....please,ets keep him in our prayers that Gods Love will draw him unto Himself that he may Receive our Lords  gentleness,kindness & humility,in Jesus Mighty Name....                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

RealPresence may have been banned from this thread, but I have not.

Sooo.... to echo what RealPresence and I have been asking over and over, and with a bit of editing to appease the moderators....Our (RealPresence and I ) questions to Protestants thus far on this forum has been:

Where

the the 66 Book Protestant Canon come from if NOT from the Catholic Church original 72 Book Canon?

WHO declared it?

WHO had the authority to do so?

So far - nobody has been able to answer this on FOUR threads now.

Two of the threads have been closed and we have been thrown off of two other threads and have been given warning points. Instead of doing a little research and answering the question - the response has been to simply report us to the Mods to have us thrown off. As a matter of fact - entire threads have been closed because of this question.

This speaks VOLUMES of many on this forum.

This should shake every Protestant on this forum to their very foundation. If you don't know WHERE you got your Bible - how can you possible know that it is your SOLE rule of faith?

Peace

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hoddie,how many times are you going to ask this question,who cares? So what ?And? What is it you want,The Bible was approved by the early rcc....is that what you so desparately want to hear ,why...what is the point.......I'll say this again.....just for you

I keep hearing over & over,,,,,By whos Authority was the canonoization of the Bible,,,,,if not from the 4th Century church.......
 Now - I will ask again:
WHERE did the Protestant Canon of Scripture come from - if NOT from the Canon declared by the Catholic church in the 4th century?
And?So,what is your point?
Let me pose a question,because I have no problem with the Word of God,even some  of the Apochryha BUt what I & most Christians have a problem with is the traditions of the rcc

THe question is where did these traditions come from if not from Ancient Babylon & pagnism? Please,do tell me?
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_end-time_paganism_Catholic_Mithraism

BTW,not one THread has been closed because of this question....it has been closed either by an OPs request orfor getting out ofhand with personal attacks & insults

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hoddie,how many times are you going to ask this question,who cares?

Until someone has the courage to answer. And who cares? you should.

So what ?

Because it is a major part of Christianity's history.

And?

And what?

What is it you want,The Bible was approved by the early rcc....is that what you so desparately want to hear ,

So are you ready to admit that the Protestant Canon of Scripture came the Canon declared by the Catholic Church in the forth century? If not, where did it come from, and from who?

why...what is the point.......

Because I want you to know the truth. Dosen't it matter to you knowing where you received the Canon of Scripture that you hold so dear?

I'll say this again.....just for you

As for your question where did these traditions come from if not from Ancient Babylon and paganism? It's very simple Kwik, Sacred Traditions came from Jesus and His Disciples. Sacred Tradition is the oral teaching of Jesus Christ handed down to His Apostles, who handed down to their disciples (The early Church Fathers) who in turn handed it down to the next generation, then to the next generation, then the next, and then eventually to us.

As you well know, many of you non-Catholics keep insisting that Scripture alone is sufficient as a sole rule of faith, and no one as of yet has shown one passage in the Bible that makes this claim. And we Catholics have repeatly insisted thats not the case according to the Bible. While we must guard against merely human tradition, (lower case t) the Bible contains numerous references to the necessity of clinging to apostolic tradition. Thus Paul tells the Corinthians, "I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Cor. 11:2), and he commands the Thessalonians, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). He even goes so far as to order, "Now we "command you", brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us" (2 Thess. 3:6).

To make sure Kwik that the apostolic tradition would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, Paul told Timothy, "What you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage he refers to the first four generations of apostolic succession—his own generation, Timothy’s generation, the generation Timothy will teach, and the generation they in turn will teach. The early Church Fathers, who were links in that chain of succession, recognized the necessity of the traditions that had been handed down from the apostles and guarded them scrupulously, as the following quotations show.

Papias: "Papias [A.D. 120], who is now mentioned by us, affirms that he received the sayings of the apostles from those who accompanied them, and he, moreover, asserts that he heard in person Aristion and the presbyter John. Accordingly, he mentions them frequently by name, and in his writings gives their traditions [concerning Jesus]. . . . [There are] other passages of his in which he relates some miraculous deeds, stating that he acquired the knowledge of them from tradition" (fragment in Eusebius, Church History 3:39 [A.D. 312]).

Eusebius of Caesarea: "At that time [A.D. 150] there flourished in the Church Hegesippus, whom we know from what has gone before, and Dionysius, bishop of Corinth, and another bishop, Pinytus of Crete, and besides these, Philip, and Apollinarius, and Melito, and Musanus, and Modestus, and, finally, Irenaeus. From them has come down to us in writing, the sound and orthodox faith received from tradition" (Church History 4:21).

Irenaeus: "As I said before, the Church, having received this preaching and this faith, although she is disseminated throughout the whole world, yet guarded it, as if she occupied but one house. She likewise believes these things just as if she had but one soul and one and the same heart; and harmoniously she proclaims them and teaches them and hands them down, as if she possessed but one mouth. For, while the languages of the world are diverse, nevertheless, the authority of the tradition is one and the same" (Against Heresies 1:10:2 [A.D. 189]).

"That is why it is surely necessary to avoid them [heretics], while cherishing with the utmost diligence the things pertaining to the Church, and to lay hold of the tradition of truth. . . . What if the apostles had not in fact left writings to us? Would it not be necessary to follow the order of tradition, which was handed down to those to whom they entrusted the churches?" (ibid., 3:4:1).

Clement of Alexandria: "Well, they preserving the tradition of the blessed doctrine derived directly from the holy apostles, Peter, James, John, and Paul, the sons receiving it from the father (but few were like the fathers), came by God’s will to us also to deposit those ancestral and apostolic seeds. And well I know that they will exult; I do not mean delighted with this tribute, but solely on account of the preservation of the truth, according as they delivered it. For such a sketch as this, will, I think, be agreeable to a soul desirous of preserving from loss the blessed tradition" (Miscellanies 1:1 [A.D. 208]).

Origen: "Although there are many who believe that they themselves hold to the teachings of Christ, there are yet some among them who think differently from their predecessors. The teaching of the Church has indeed been handed down through an order of succession from the apostles and remains in the churches even to the present time. That alone is to be believed as the truth which is in no way at variance with ecclesiastical and apostolic tradition" (The Fundamental Doctrines 1:2 [A.D. 225]).

Just to name a few Kwik. History is what it is, you just cannot deny it. What it seems however, is that many within this forum think Christianity didn't exsist until the reformation in the 16th century which is completly false. Another thing many dont seem to understand, is that for the first 400 years of Christianity there was "no" New Testament to fall back on. All the Apostles and disciples taught orally for them first 400 years. One might say "didn't Peter John,Luke,and Paul, ect. writhe everything down in their epistles and gospels?" The answer to that is, yes they did, but none of it was widely available to their separated disciples by geographics, and it wasen't part of the Bible until the Councils of Rome, Hippo and Carthage put the 27 books of the N.T. together on 382 a.d., 393a.d., and 397a.d. At that time, it took on the mantel of infallible scripture with the O.T. Whats really interesting, is that you Erza, Haz, woundeddog, and non-Catholics in gerneral accept this Catholic "Tradition" of these 27 books of the Bible being divinely inspired! And if you think about it, all those non-Catholics I mentioned above also accept the Catholic Tradition of meeting on Sunday, rather than the Jewish custom of meeting on Saturday. :)

Peace

BTW,not one THread has been closed because of this question....it has been closed either by an OPs request orfor getting out ofhand with personal attacks & insults

Sorry..... I couldn't disagree more.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

12 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hoddie,how many times are you going to ask this question,who cares? So what ?And? What is it you want,The Bible was approved by the early rcc....is that what you so desparately want to hear ,why...what is the point.......I'll say this again.....just for you

I"m getting sick of it.. And your right Kwik, who cares?