• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I found it arrogant, i.e., what kind of person has to remind everyone how smart they are?

To paraphrase the Bard: The Donald doth protest too much, methinks.

I really respect a person who takes a humble approach.

Guest Teditis

Maybe he knows that any briefing from the current administration is tainted info and not worth listening to?

Maybe he has advisors who brief him on the same info and are indeed familiar with these current briefings?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Should be a no-brainer, as said in the article, he didn't want to be told the same brief every day if it hadn't changed, "give it to me weekly if things haven't changed"....

I find it hard to believe that the security of the world has become a daily redundancy with ISIS retaking Palmyra, not to mention al-Q and the rest of the Islamic terrorists as well as Russia and China disrupting American spheres of influence in the Middle East and the South China Sea, respectively.

Of course, there could be other  reasons for Trump wanting to avoid US intel.

Trump Declares War on the Intelligence Community

"Six weeks before the inauguration, President-elect Donald J. Trump’s budding administration has been thrown into crisis by revelations of clandestine Russian interference in our election. None of the issues is new ... but Trump’s reaction to them has opened the door to unprecedented conflict in Washington before he even moves into the White House.

"Trump has repeatedly pooh-poohed allegations that the Kremlin meddled in the election, dismissing them as foolishness. Such memorably cavalier brush-offs—for instance suggesting in September that the culprit behind the theft of Democratic National Committee’s emails wasn’t Moscow, rather a '400-pound guy' on a bed somewhere—drew guffaws from his supporters but have now landed Trump in serious trouble...."

http://linkis.com/observer.com/2016/12/LlPBS

53 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Donald Trump used to criticize President Obama for not holding daily intelligence meetings

"The incoming commander-in-chief, who said Sunday he will forego daily intelligence briefings because he is 'smart,' used to criticize President Obama for missing some meetings...."

Obama missed more than 50 percent of the briefings per Trump's Sept. 2012 tweet, "but apparently changed his mind on the matter since winning the White House."

Oh, the irony of it all!

4 hours ago, Teditis said:

Maybe he knows that any briefing from the current administration is tainted info and not worth listening to?

Maybe he has advisors who brief him on the same info and are indeed familiar with these current briefings?

Maybe Trump has too many outside distractions?

"Trump said recently that he will take steps to separate himself from his business operations and will announce details at a major press conference this coming Thursday. That announcement led to speculation about whether Trump planned to divest himself from his businesses by selling off his vast network of hotels, golf courses and licensing agreements.

"But the comments Sunday suggest nothing has really changed since Trump first began addressing the issue during the campaign, and that Trump has no intention of selling...."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/11/505178322/trump-says-he-wont-sell-his-businesses-to-address-conflicts-of-interest

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

Trump has 3 Generals in his cabinet , I'm pretty sure he's receiving daily briefings...

How? Don't those three retired generals have to be confirmed by the Senate along with the rest of Trump's cabinet before they  too can be briefed?

And why does Trump want so many generals in his cabinet when he said that he knew more about ISIS than all of them?

4 hours ago, Teditis said:

That is a lot of maybes. :mellow:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

11 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

from NY Daily News:

"Donald Trump acknowledged Sunday that he's receiving intelligence briefings less frequently than other President-elects have in the past, explaining that he doesn't 'have to be told' of the critical session's findings because he's 'a smart person.'

"'... I don't have to be told — you know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years — but eight years. I don't need that,' Trump continued."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-don-daily-intel-briefs-smart-article-1.2906907

Once again spinning what Trump actually said; he did NOT say he didn't need the briefings because he's a smart person; he said he didn't need to get the same info every day. Notice how the bolded sentence contradicts the sentence in red. Read the actual words, bolded above.....this is fake news at it's finest.  And it's pathetic.  Did you even read it before you posted it, OS2?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

briefed?

And why does Trump want so many generals in his cabinet when he said that he knew more about ISIS than all of them?

Wouldn't you be better served by calling Mr. trump and asking HIM? :rolleyes: