ruck1b

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

When you think about Heaven what are your ideas concerning it?  How do you believe it will look like in relation to our living there?  Are you making any effort to live out what you believe Heaven to be like? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,713
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This cannot be done correctly, as to ability, for God says

1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV)

[9] But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

As truth 'IS' so God says as 'IS' :)   Love, Steven

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This cannot be done correctly, as to ability, for God says

1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV)

[9] But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

As truth 'IS' so God says as 'IS' :)   Love, Steven

What do you mean it can't be done correctly?  You think it is not possible to live out the Heavenly life now?  

Just now, ruck1b said:

What do you mean it can't be done correctly?  You think it is not possible to live out the Heavenly life now?  

Your opening was about heaven and what it is like...  we can't know God says so! As to living out "Heavenly life"

1 Corinthians 13:12 (NKJV)

[12] For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)

[18] But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 John 3:2 (NKJV)

[2] Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

following the lead of Scripture above we see  the beginning encouragement of future reality but then again in the last verse quoted Scripture tells us no not fully!
Love, Steven

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Your opening was about heaven and what it is like...  we can't know God says so! As to living out "Heavenly life"

No that was not my opening.  I am trying to do this without sounding combative because that is not my intent.  I just want to get that out there now. 

I'm not asking what Heaven is like.....I'm asking what you believe it to be like.  While yes we have not seen it, and can't comprehend what God has in store for us we still do imagine despite it being limited.  So again I present these questions.

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

When you think about Heaven what are your ideas concerning it?  How do you believe it will look like in relation to our living there?  Are you making any effort to live out what you believe Heaven to be like? 

It would seem you all are answering what you think I am asking instead of answering what I am actually asking.

You are asking the children of God to practice a vanity then... I don't believe this to be wise!  Because what you have written suggest that we ignore the fact we cannot know and act upon what we think anyway :noidea:  I am very willing to stand corrected in this if I am wrong :)  Love, Steven

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

You are asking the children of God to practice a vanity then... I don't believe this to be wise!  Because what you have written suggest that we ignore the fact we cannot know and act upon what we think anyway :noidea:  I am very willing to stand corrected in this if I am wrong :)  Love, Steven

This confuses me.  What vanity have I asked you to practice?    You say you can not know...what can you not know and act upon?  I am pretty confused as to  why there is an avoidance of these questions which initially presented.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,830
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

Well, I must confess, when I read your OP, I took you to mean "what is heaven like".

But you have now stated that is not what you are asking, so I will have to completely change my answer to fit your reiteration of your OP.

We can't live out "heaven" on this earth.  Our understanding of heaven is very limited.  The Bible brings the topic up, but uses a lot of imagery and speaks more of God and Christ in heaven than of any specific description of what we will be doing.

Besides.....

There is too much sin in this world and the devil is the "prince of the air" here.  He and some of his demons roam here and the devil reeks havoc here devouring whom he can.  We fight too many battles here for us to "live out heaven" here.

Even on our best of days - at our most spiritually joyful and peaceful and obedient days - it cannot compare to a place where there is no sin, no tears, no devil, no sorrow, no battles, no evil and God and Christ literally reign in our presence.

All we can do on this earth is to live in obedience to God AS souls trapped in fleshly bodies that corrupt.  God has told us how to live here.  We should obey him.  That's all we can do.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

The question just asks what we imagine Heaven will be like. I see nothing in the Bibe against thinking about it. I'm sure we all have thought about it and imagined what Heaven will be like. The Bible does say that it will be beyond our ability to imagine the beauty. We do know that there won't be any sickness there, no tears, no pain, no suffering. That we will all live as a family with God as our father and Jesus as our brother.