• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

Ladies and gentlemen, I feel responsible for the turmoil in this thread.

I find it hard to believe that anyone here doesn't love Miss Muffett, and vice versa.

Please, I am new to this forum, I love all of you, and I don't enjoy seeing this infighting.

There is one thing we should all agree on.

That we love one another in Christ.

The Apostle Paul pleaded with the church to do just that.

I ask now that we drop this thread and thank God we have this forum and we have each other.

Who will stand with me?

Thank you.

The White Rabbitt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Hi White Rabbit

MissMuffet is much loved by all of us.. It is about correction. Bearing false witness is extremely serious and Kwik is concerned for Her sister.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Matthew 7:6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Matthew 10:14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

self edit ..... 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I find it hard to believe that anyone here doesn't love Miss Muffett, and vice versa.                               White Rabbit

Blessings White Rabbit

If anyone of us did not love MsMuffet then we would not be doing our very best to do whatever it takes that her heart be convicted,there is no condemnation,it is rebuke of the spirits of hearsay & rumor....indeed it is not flesh & blood we struggle with

He will delight in obeying the LORD. He will not judge by appearance nor make a decision based on hearsay.
Isaiah 11:3

I understand you are new here & you don't know us very well but we are Gods Family(& so are you!!!)we have known each other for some years & we all do love one another and we MUST REASON together,there is no reason for  anyone to judge another & base such claims without providing good cause to support such an accusation

I have stated why I say MsMuffet is bearing false witness & she has not proven otherwise,she has not "witnessed" and cannot testify or even provide any grounds for her allegations except by offering us what someone ELSE has said......She has copy/pasted someones commentaries against "Word Faith" preachers.....Okay,what dis she hear TD Jakes teach that is not in accordance to Gods Word?Her defense is "Do not cast pearls before swine?    She has offered nothing substantiating her accusations

What must be understood is that "Yes',a false teacher should be exposed".....as someone else said,"Calling people a false teacher & exposing a false teacher is two different things" You are not responsible for any of this discussion,this has been going on for years and I for one cannot be of good conscience if I sat idly by to let it continue.....My Beloved Sister should repent & refrain from name calling......I can completely understand anyone who would be concerned or question the doctrines being taught by ANYONE & if they have reason for their suspicions that is also understandable because of all the "talk" all over the internet.......Still,those are strong & powerful words being thrown about when you have never heard a word from the mans mouth & don't know him from Adam and  one will surely have to account for such judgements.....My concern is for my Sister,please don't misunderstand & be persuaded to think any other way,it is because we love her.....

What would you think the unbeliever sees? They see one of those "crazy Christians" put up a sermon video,another says"Oh,that was good & thank you" & yet another one says"He is a false teacher"......They should not be persuaded NOT to hear Christ being preached but to hear it & look to the Word of God themselves to know what is Truth & what is not.....I cannot say I ever heard anything from TD Jakes that was in opposition of Gods Word and that is not to say that he never has,I can only say "I" never heard it.....That is what a witness is & in spite of what anyone else says or writes I cannot say it is true,so we simply do not accuse......

That is all this confrontation is about,it is not an arguement,it is not a debate,it is not even about whether or not TD Jakes is a man of God or a false teacher.....it is a rebuke,correction......prove it,what did he say to support your accusation & judgement MsMUffet                                                                                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

On 1/24/2017 at 3:02 PM, kwikphilly said:

My eyes see,my ears hear,,,for MYSELF & I have STILL not said that I approve or disapprove of any of these people you so boldly accuse as FALSE TEACHERS,,,,,,,so what leads you to make yet another bold accusation,this time accusing me???????? Why? Because I will not slander a person as you do? Write in your own words what TD Jaks has said that goes against the Word of God..........

Kwikphilly,

I shall give you a little of why I think TD jakes is a false teacher.

False Teaching: Modalism

T.D. Jakes has long been associated with Oneness Pentecostalism which holds to an unorthodox position on the Trinity. This position is known as Modalism or, historically, as Sabellianism.

Modalism holds that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not refer to distinct persons in the godhead, but to different modes of existence of a single person. It teaches that in ages past God manifested himself as the Father, during the incarnation of Christ he manifested himself as the Son, and subsequently he manifested himself as the Holy Spirit. As one of its key tenets it states that God cannot exist in more than one mode at a time. So while this teaching does hold to a form of trinitarian theology and while it does proclaim the divinity of Jesus Christ, it denies that there are three distinct persons who together make up the godhead.

What the Bible Says

These minor distinctions in trinitarian theology, a word here, a letter there, actually represent colossal differences and even eternal differences—the difference between heaven and hell. Modalism has long been labeled as a heresy meaning that if you believe it in place of the biblical understanding of the Trinity, you are not and cannot be a true Christian

We can define the Trinity, as the church has historically understood it, through a series of seven simple statements: There is one God; The Father is God; The Son is God; The Holy Spirit is God; The Father is not the Son; The Son is not the Spirit; The Spirit is not the Father.

In all that is, in all that exists, there is only one God. No truth was more precious to the Israelites of old. In Isaiah’s prophecy God records:

There is no other god besides me
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none besides me.
Turn to me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah 45:21-22)

It could hardly be clearer. The New Testament is equally explicit. Paul writes, “There is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5). James agrees: “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder” (James 2:19).

http://www.challies.com/articles/the-false-teachers-t-d-jakes here's the link

Edited by worthy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

Kwikphilly,

I shall give you a little of why I think TD jakes is a false teacher.

False Teaching: Modalism

T.D. Jakes has long been associated with Oneness Pentecostalism which holds to an unorthodox position on the Trinity. This position is known as Modalism or, historically, as Sabellianism.

Modalism holds that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not refer to distinct persons in the godhead, but to different modes of existence of a single person. It teaches that in ages past God manifested himself as the Father, during the incarnation of Christ he manifested himself as the Son, and subsequently he manifested himself as the Holy Spirit. As one of its key tenets it states that God cannot exist in more than one mode at a time. So while this teaching does hold to a form of trinitarian theology and while it does proclaim the divinity of Jesus Christ, it denies that there are three distinct persons who together make up the godhead.

What the Bible Says

These minor distinctions in trinitarian theology, a word here, a letter there, actually represent colossal differences and even eternal differences—the difference between heaven and hell. Modalism has long been labeled as a heresy meaning that if you believe it in place of the biblical understanding of the Trinity, you are not and cannot be a true Christian

We can define the Trinity, as the church has historically understood it, through a series of seven simple statements: There is one God; The Father is God; The Son is God; The Holy Spirit is God; The Father is not the Son; The Son is not the Spirit; The Spirit is not the Father.

In all that is, in all that exists, there is only one God. No truth was more precious to the Israelites of old. In Isaiah’s prophecy God records:

There is no other god besides me
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none besides me.
Turn to me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah 45:21-22)

It could hardly be clearer. The New Testament is equally explicit. Paul writes, “There is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5). James agrees: “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder” (James 2:19).

Hi Worthy, what are the consequences of believing in the Trinity in any other manner then what you have said?

It seems your quote of Isaiah says that God is a righteous God and A Savior and there is none other.

Who's speaking here?
God the Father?

Or Jesus?

And what of the Holy Spirit?

Is he the one speaking here?

There is nothing clear in your quote of 1 Timothy 2:5.

The way Paul writes this one could easily believe that God and Jesus are two different people and the Holy Spirit doesn't get included.

I will debate this with you if you like,but it will go on forever.

I believe the Trinity is a mystery that cannot be explained.

If everyone on this forum is asked to give a written explanation of the Trinity, I'm sure we will get some very interesting interpretations.

And for this reason, our understanding of the Trinity is not a salvation issue.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Thats very interesting Sister,I have attended a couple(only 2) of Pastor & Leaders Conventions held by TD Jakes where he actually addressed this very same thing & where he claims to Embrace the Trinity stating that he had moved away from the Oneness Pentacosts...that was,lets see?...I was very sick when I went (chemo) ,,,So it had to be 2012/2013   He made a public confession there and then I saw him at the Womans Conference (3rd t7ime in person)when he came to Florida,as I said"I heard nothing to lead me to believe he is a false teacher & nothing that opposed the Word of God" Other than that I have only heard sermons "edited"" for TV...I take those for what they are(edited)

Now,this is a PERFECT example of w4hat is acceptable & thank you for sharing with us why you are suspect or what has given you cause to believe as YOU DO,,,,,,you said"This is why I believe TD Jakes  to be a false teacher" and not "TD Jakes is a false teacher"....   In doing so you now give the reader something to pay attention to,or truly research & if they really want to know,,,,,listen to him & hear what he says!!! Great stuff Sister...........  

You have not given a false testimony or bore false witness    Praise jesus,perhaps this example will shed light on the subject

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/31/1972

I love to listen to T.D., that's just my opinion. He motivated me many days to keep fighting and not give up. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

I love to listen to T.D., that's just my opinion. He motivated me many days to keep fighting and not give up. 

SOLOMONS PORCH,

I want you to know that I respect your choice to listen to T.D. Even tho IMO he is a false teacher he is still being used to give a basic understanding of the bible to people who do not believe. And for those who think that he is still good well then that's good you have been able to take the bones withe fish. Another thing I would like to say is Everything must be judged by the Bible If what that person says lines up with the bible then You want hear anything from me.