IGNORED

39 major illnesses controlled by demons!

Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Question. Would a pet doctrine deny the sovereignty of God? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I'm not sure why I bother at times either, and this has nothing to do with pet doctrin's, I'm as usual quoting Scriptures.

The question being debated in the last few posts is, did God create sickness.

Sure God can do anything He wants, but nowhere can I find in God's creation account where He stated, I created sickness, and it was very good? Plenty of Scriptures also teach demons posses people, cripple them, make them sick, make them cut themselves with stones and knives, throw themselves into fire, makes them deaf and dumb, makes people tell lies, murder each other, it cuts both ways. I would like to see one scripture where God said, "I CREATED SICKNESS, AND IT WAS VERY GOOD."

Is sickness or disease a created thing, or are they things made perfect by God degenerating due to sin entering the world?  In other words, is departing from God's perfect will, creating something new, or just simply departing from God's perfection.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

55 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

Question. Would a pet doctrine deny the sovereignty of God? 

Well, some people say, that God is sovereign, and chooses who will come to faith in Him and be saved.

Some say God has allowed people free will, and while He has the right to do what He wants, He chooses to let people make choices about their own destinies, thus delegating things.

Those doctrines, both affirm God's sovereignty, but some might see one or the other as a denial of that.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

18 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Is sickness or disease a created thing, or are they things made perfect by God degenerating due to sin entering the world?  In other words, is departing from God's perfect will, creating something new, or just simply departing from God's perfection.

I would say that the pathogens that cause sickness, are created things. In other words, not all life is always helpful to our health, but God is never the less, the author of all life.

Yes, I think things have degenerated, and are not as they were in Gen 1 and 2. We ourselves, deteriorate over the years, we ourselves, are sometimes the victims of mutations - birth defects, etc. While I would see that as a departure from God's perfect will, it is a departure that He initiated.

Satan, Adam, and Eve, did not make the Earth bring forth thistles. Maybe I read to much into this, but it seems to me, that while Adam was the reason, he was not the power behind the changes:

17Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’;
            Cursed is the ground because of you;
            In toil you will eat of it
            All the days of your life.

18“Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you;
            And you will eat the plants of the field;

19By the sweat of your face
            You will eat bread,
            Till you return to the ground,
            Because from it you were taken;
            For you are dust,
            And to dust you shall return.”

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, some people say, that God is sovereign, and chooses who will come to faith in Him and be saved.

Some say God has allowed people free will, and while He has the right to do what He wants, He chooses to let people make choices about their own destinies, thus delegating things.

Those doctrines, both affirm God's sovereignty, but some might see one or the other as a denial of that.

I appreciate that. Thanks. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, hmbld said:

Is sickness or disease a created thing, or are they things made perfect by God degenerating due to sin entering the world?

Sickness and disease are a consequence of the Fall, which brought a curse upon all creation.  That includes the fact that there are pathogenic bacteria and virus all around us, and are related to all kinds of physical disorders.  Demons can, and do, use these and other agents on earth to attack people, but demons are not the source of all diseases.

As to whether God *created* these things, let's just say that God allowed sin, evil, sickness, disease, death, and decay to enter into this world, but all of this is a CONSEQUENCE of sin.  When God created angels and men, He gave them free will, and both groups chose to sin rather than remain obedient. Then the Law of Cause and Effect went into play.

However, the ultimate result of all this would be a new creation (redeemed sinners) on the foundation of Christ and His finished work of redemption. Thus we see that the New Heavens and the New Earth will ultimately come into existence, and there will be no more sin, sorrow, sickness, or death.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

15 hours ago, Ezra said:

Sickness and disease are a consequence of the Fall, which brought a curse upon all creation.  That includes the fact that there are pathogenic bacteria and virus all around us, and are related to all kinds of physical disorders.  Demons can, and do, use these and other agents on earth to attack people, but demons are not the source of all diseases.

As to whether God *created* these things, let's just say that God allowed sin, evil, sickness, disease, death, and decay to enter into this world, but all of this is a CONSEQUENCE of sin.  When God created angels and men, He gave them free will, and both groups chose to sin rather than remain obedient. Then the Law of Cause and Effect went into play.

However, the ultimate result of all this would be a new creation (redeemed sinners) on the foundation of Christ and His finished work of redemption. Thus we see that the New Heavens and the New Earth will ultimately come into existence, and there will be no more sin, sorrow, sickness, or death.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Thank you all for your contributions, I prefer to stay with this. The Bible teaches that Satan and demons are the source of all sin, sickness and disease; that they propagate sin and disease and control the law of sin and death in the human race (Matt. 4:23-24; 10:1-7; like 10:1020; 13:16; John 10:10; Acts 10:38; Rom. 7:7-25; 8:1-4; 1 John 3:8; Heb. 2:14-15).

The Bible also teaches that Gods sent Jesus into the world to save men from all sin (Matt. 1:21; Eph. 1:7; 1 John 1:7-9; Rev. 1:5) ; heal men of all diseases and to deliver them from demons (Matt. 8:16-17; Acts 10:38; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 John 3:8) ; and to answer all prayers for anything that one desires that are covered by the promises of God (Matt. 7:7-11; 18:19-20; 17:20; 21:21-22; Mark 11:22-24; John 14:12-15; 15:7; 16:23-26).

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/10/2017 at 6:44 PM, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself Worthy. 

So just because the scripture doesn't agree with your opinion you just are going to avoid it?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, worthy said:

So just because the scripture doesn't agree with your opinion you just are going to avoid it?

Scripture does support my belief.

Colossians 1:16  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.