• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Days of the Lord                                                           

Because there are some similarities with the great Day of the Sovereign Lord, Rev. 19:11-21, which refers to the Return of Jesus and between the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath that happens at the Sixth Seal, Rev. 6:17, then some people consider them as the same event. This is not and cannot be correct, as the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl judgement-punishments as written in Revelation are clearly a consecutive series of events, with the Return at the end of all that. We are especially warned to not alter the book of Revelation. Rev 22:19

Matthew 24:27-30 Like a lightning flash over all the earth, so will the Presence of the Son of Man be. Where the dead are, the vultures will gather.

Then, immediately after the days of tribulation, the sun and moon will be darkened, stars will fall and then will appear the Lord Jesus. Everyone will mourn as He comes on the clouds with great power and glory.

Note that the moon will be blood red at the Day of the Lord’s wrath - Acts 2:20, whereas at the Return, the sun and moon will be darkened. It is patently obvious that there are two events described above, first is the Sixth Seal, when the Lord instigates the ‘lightning flash’ of His Day of vengeance and wrath, at the punishment of the nations when He is not seen, He stays in heaven; Psalms 11:4-6, Amos 1 - sending down fire, then it isn’t until after the Seventh Seal time gap of 15/20 years, at the end of the Great Tribulation, that He Returns in glory to commence His Millennial reign. The Lord Jesus comes on the clouds, Matthew 24:30, in His garment splashed with blood; from His previous punishment of the nations. Isaiah 63:1-6

Where the dead are; where those carrion birds gather, is mainly in the Middle East, but also around the world as many prophesies say. Ezekiel 30:2-5, Psalm 83:1-18, Isaiah 66:15-16, Jeremiah 25:33, Deut. 32:41, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Nahum 1:3-6, 2 Peter 3:10

These Bible passages also state the next prophesied event, the Day of the Lord’s wrath and what the ‘lightning flash’ is that will affect all the world is explained to us in:

Isaiah 30:26-30…the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength, on the Day the Lord saves His people.  Look! The power of the Lord comes from afar, with His wrath and great rage blazing, His tongue as a devouring fire… He sieves out the nations for destruction. His arm will strike them down with flames of devouring fire, floods, hailstones and storm tempest. But for you, [Christians] there will be rejoicing, as you march to the holy Land, to the Rock of Israel.

Isaiah 42:14-16 Long have I restrained Myself… now I am ready to act. I shall dry up the streams, lay waste to the land and make it a desert. Then, I shall lead My people along new paths, I will make a light before them.

Psalm 97:1-12 The Lord reigns! In His justice, He flashes forth lightning’s and all the earth quakes. Cloud and thick mist enfolds Him as fire goes ahead, consuming all His enemies. The Lord’s people hear and rejoice as He rescues them.  Psalm 18:7-15

Deuteronomy 32:36-43 The Lord will judge the nations, but will have compassion on His servants. His flashing sword of punishment will fall upon His enemies. He will take vengeance on all who hate Him and will cleanse His people’s Land.

Ezekiel 36:5-12 In the fiery heat of My anger, I will punish the nations, but especially those who inhabit My holy Land. Then you, Land of Israel, will put forth growth and bear produce, for the homecoming of My people is near. I will bless the Land and settle upon it many people – the whole Israelite people, they will increase and be prosperous, the burned houses and the ruined places will be rebuilt.

Zechariah 9:14-17 The Lord comes on a mighty storm wind from the South. He will sound the shofar, as His arrows dart like lightning, defeating the enemy and defending His people. They will rejoice, as with wine, on the Day their Lord saves them, for they are as precious jewels sparkling in the holy Land.

Joel 2:11 & 18 The Lord thunders as He marshals His forces, countless are those who obey His commands. For great and terrible is the Day of the Lord and who can endure it? Then the Lord shows His love for the holy Land and has compassion for His righteous people.

Amos 9:5 & 14 At the Lord’s touch, the whole earth heaves, it will rise and fall like the Nile and woe to all who live on it. But I will restore the fortune of My people, righteous Israel, they will rebuild the ruined towns, sow and plant, then enjoy the produce.

Habakkuk 3:10-13 The mountains see You and shake, an enormous wave of water rushes by, the sun and moon stay still as Your flashing arrows and Your spear like lightning speed on their way. In fury, You traverse the earth, in anger You trample the nations, but You come out to save Your people, as You shatter the wicked; You protect Your anointed ones.  

Malachi 4:1-3 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, when all the arrogant and evildoers will be burnt to a stubble, that Day will set them ablaze and leave neither root nor branch. But for you who fear My Name, the sun of righteousness will shine forth, you will be restored and break loose, like calves released.  On the Day I take action, the wicked will be burnt ashes beneath your feet.

Revelation 14:12 & 18-19 From the Altar came another angel, the one who has authority over fire and he called to the one with the sharp sickle: Put in your sharp sickle, for the earth’s harvest is ripe. So the angel swept the earth, gathered in the grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath.

All this calls for the endurance of the Lord’s people, all those who keep His commands and remain loyal to Him.

All these prophecies and many others, speak of a worldwide judgement by fire, a CME sun explosion that will depopulate the entire Middle East. Then the great gathering of the Christian Israelite people, the true descendants and those grafted in, will gather and live in all of the holy Land. They will choose their own leaders, Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11. The Lord will ‘reveal His glory among His own’  2 Thess 1:10, Rev. 14:1, but not to the world, until several years later.

Like most of the prophetic Word, Revelation is somewhat mixed up. But the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls are one of the few instances of a correct sequence and from them, we can get a true picture of events. Note carefully, in Rev. 5:1, the description of the Scroll – written on both sides and sealed with seven seals. So the Seals are first, they must be removed one by one. The first five have been opened, probably soon after the ‘Lamb’ ascended to heaven. The Sixth Seal is next, now very soon to happen. This sudden and shocking world changing event will enable the establishment of the One World Govt, also the gathering of the Lord’s people to all of the holy Land. That is what all Christians should be looking forward to!  At the same time, or very soon after the Sixth, is the 7th seal, which is undeniably a time interval. Then, years later, at the mid-point of Daniels 70th year, the scroll is unrolled for the Great Tribulation – the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls.

Revelation 7:1-14 After that, [the Sixth Seal] I saw four angels holding back any further disasters until the seal of God was given to His servants. Twelve thousand from each tribe of Israel received the seal of God and then I saw a great throng of people from all races, tribes, nations and tongues, praising the Lord. They have passed through great ordeal, been tested and found righteous.  The sun will no longer scorch them. All true believing Christians.

holding back any further disasters’ This proves that the Great Tribulation is still to come.

great ordeal’ – Some Bibles say ‘the great tribulation’, leading to wrongly thinking that the Day of the Lord’s wrath happens at the Return. 1 Peter 4:12, 1 Cor. 3:13

the scorching heat of the sun’, -The devastating CME sunstrike of the Sixth Seal.

The 144,000 Israelites’, The Christian Israelites of God, go out to the world to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 66:19

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/9/2017 at 9:05 PM, Keras said:

Your exegesis is faulty.  Jesus proclaimed the year of the Lord's favour, at His first Advent. Luke 4:19

Nope.

ISAIAH 61  [1] The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;[2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our god; to comfort all that mourn;

He only PROCLAIMED the Day of vengence to come. Its a future event.

Jeremiah 46:10 (KJV)
10 For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

All, everyone, should no the Day of the Lord has not yet come

AMOS 5 [20] Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

And for you to proclaim the Day of the Lord started with His first advent....well read Amos 5!  Jesus is the LIGHT of the world.

On 2/8/2017 at 9:39 AM, WailingWall said:

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye SORROW NOT, EVEN AS OTHERS which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with THE VOICE of the archangel, and with THE TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1THES.4 – voice – clouds – trump of God – sorrow not as others -

ZEPH. 1 –  voice – clouds – the trumpet – man shall cry bitterly -

ZEPH. 1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the Lord: the mighty MAN SHALL CRY THERE BITTERLY. [15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness, [16] A DAY OF THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. [17] And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

No doubt about it. Both scriptures are speaking of the same event. Both scriptures speak of what happens on the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord takes place AFTER the tribulation period

Really alls ya gotta do is keep reading the so called rapture scripture

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

keep reading                                                                                   

1 THES. 5 [1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. [2] For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so cometh as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then SUDDEN DESTRUCTION cometh upon them, as travail upon a WOMAN WITH CHILD; and they shall not escape.

Doesn’t [1Thes.5] explain to us that [1Thes.4] takes place on The Day of the Lord? There is no scriptural gap between the above scriptures. 1Thes.5 directly follows 1Thes.4 verse 18. There were no chapters and verses when 1Thes was written. It clearly says that the goins on of 1Thes.4 takes place on the Day of the Lord. The day of the Lord takes place after the tribulatuion.

Thes. scriptures---women with child—V.16 resurrection---sudden destruction—Day of the Lord

Isaiah26-----------women with child----V.19 resurrection---punish earthlings-----Day of the Lord

ISAIAH 26 [17] Like as a WOMAN WITH CHILD, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O Lord. [18] We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen. [19] THY DEAD MEN SHALL LIVE, TOGETHER WITH MY DEAD BODY SHALL THEY ARISE. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. [20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, UNTIL THE INDIGNATION BE OVERPAST. [21] For, behold, THE LORD COMETH OUT OF HIS PLACE TO PUNISH THE INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH FOR THEIR INIQUITY: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Yeah. Verses 20-21. Surely the Day of the Lord

• Group:  Diamond Member

4 hours ago, WailingWall said:

He only PROCLAIMED the Day of vengence to come. Its a future event.

It's too hard too discuss issues with someone who doesn't even read the Bible properly. Look up Luke 4:19; Jesus proclaimed His year of Favour. He stopped before 'and a Day of the vengeance of our God'.  That is the next prophesied event to come.

Your trying to teach scripture, with the 'rapture' mindset, fails totally.  People who know the scriptures very well, are aware of God's plans and they do not include a rapture removal to heaven.

1 hour ago, Keras said:

People who know the scriptures very well, are aware of God's plans and they do not include a rapture removal to heaven.

Well thank you Keras. Ive said all along there will be no rapture to heaven.

5 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Well thank you Keras. Ive said all along there will be no rapture to heaven.

Much appreciated and my apologies for confusing you with those who want to abdicate their responsibilities and play the harp in heaven.

We await the soon to happen Day of the Lord's wrath and then the amazing blessings that He will bestow upon His people. Isaiah 35:1-10

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

On 2/8/2017 at 8:39 AM, WailingWall said:

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye SORROW NOT, EVEN AS OTHERS which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with THE VOICE of the archangel, and with THE TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1THES.4 – voice – clouds – trump of God – sorrow not as others -

ZEPH. 1 –  voice – clouds – the trumpet – man shall cry bitterly -

ZEPH. 1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the Lord: the mighty MAN SHALL CRY THERE BITTERLY. [15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness, [16] A DAY OF THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. [17] And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

No doubt about it. Both scriptures are speaking of the same event. Both scriptures speak of what happens on the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord takes place AFTER the tribulation period

Sorry, but Paul teaches us the the resurrection/rapture will be the TRIGGER for the Day of the Lord. It is the SUDDEN raising of the dead in Christ that starts this chain of events.

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Sorry, but Paul teaches us the the resurrection/rapture will be the TRIGGER for the Day of the Lord. It is the SUDDEN raising of the dead in Christ that starts this chain of events.

I see you dont back up what you say with scripture so i guess ill say opinion noted

The trigger for the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, will be an Islamic attack on Israel. Psalms 83. Micah 4:11-12

The dead martyrs are not raised until Jesus Returns. Rev 20:4 A rapture to heaven of the Church is not stated anywhere.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Keras said:

The trigger for the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, will be an Islamic attack on Israel. Psalms 83. Micah 4:11-12

The dead martyrs are not raised until Jesus Returns. Rev 20:4 A rapture to heaven of the Church is not stated anywhere.

Na! Paul tells us the rapture is what will trigger the Day of the Lord. You can find it in 1 thes. 4 & 5. It is right there for anyone to read. Paul tells us that on a day of peace and safety -  a day quite like today - a SUDDENLY happens!  That sudden event will be the dead in Christ rising. When that event happens, it was cause a worldwide earthquake, for the dead in Christ are around the world, and some have been dead for almost 2000 years.

At this sudden event earthquake, that will shake the entire planet, two groups of people get two different results: those living in the light of the gospel will get raptured ("salvation") and will get to "live together with Him." On the other hand, those living in darkness get the sudden destruction of this earthquake, and they cannot escape: it is worldwide.

Paul tells us that this sudden destruction is both the start of the Day of the Lord, and the start of His wrath. John agrees completely, showing us the start of the Day at the 6th seal earthquake.  The Day comes as a thief because JESUS comes as a thief, at a time least expected. When Jesus comes and calls up the dead in Christ, the Day follows.  Then John shows us the raptured church in heaven in Rev. 7.

Yes, of course a rapture to heaven is indicated. Preconceived glasses prevent many from seeing it. After all, where did Christ go to prepare homes for us?