IGNORED

Do I just have wrong impression or it's true?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

1 hour ago, Thallasa said:

That's true ,you don't have to have a degree ,either to enter the Kingdom ,or to be 'successful here on earth , and if the person is forced by their parents against their own wishes, it can do a lot of harm ..

However good scientists do God's work, by connecting the Creation with God, and allowing God's brilliance to be known right here on earth -no need to wait until dooms day .In fact it is a major part of God's plan,  when he said He would give us things we could never dream of and He has .

Just because some deny Him as the Creator of all that is good and beneficial  ,and His  control of everything ,while allowing free will , does not mean we should let them think they are winning ,by stepping outside of scientific research  altogether .

God is testing people, to see those who give Hm credit ,and those who wish to take the honours for themselves , as many do - and how thy will pay for this same crime, that led Lucifer to ruin .

This to me is the ultimate 'sin', against the Holy Spirit, the only unpardonable  one, Jesus told us .

Seems I might need to clear up a possible misconception, and its another reminder for me that I really should not type when tired. :)

I did not mean that education or being a scientist was "bad" in any sense. All I meant was that the Lord has his people everywhere, no matter what trade or field and He has them there for a reason. I met quite a few scientists while at the University and several of them were believers - one even said part of his testimony was what he saw in their instruments. The deeper they went into the inner workings of a cell the more obvious it was that all of it was not an accident - it was designed. There seems to be a belief (here in the US) that to be a believer means you are an uneducated, low income, "red neck", of the lower classes. Some would carry it that far anyway. God turns the world and all it loves on its head, just like Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1.

As for the "unpardonable sin" I think that one could be dying without Christ. (In my opinion, anyway.) There's no coming back from that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

30 minutes ago, walla299 said:

:)

- one even said part of his testimony was what he saw in their instruments. The deeper they went into the inner workings of a cell the more obvious it was that all of it was not an accident - it was designed. There seems to be a belief (here in the US) that to be a believer means you are an uneducated, low income, "red neck", of the lower classes. Some would carry it that far anyway. God turns the world and all it loves on its head, just like Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1.

I watched a rather long (45 min) U-Tube on how almost everything in the universe seems to suggest it was made by intelligent design, not just animal cells. I already believed this but the video I saw was remarkable. I'm glad you also heard that from researchers in universities. But unfortunately you're also right that many people think all Christians are stupid uneducated people. This is why I try to make sense out of certain things in the Bible that seem to have been written for what man would have understood back when it was written. And sometimes I get carried away and I get angry. I think when science does it's job right it's only discovering how God did some of the things He did. Although I also think there are many things we will never figure out. But I too hate it when Christians are seen as dummies.    

Guest Thallasa
1 hour ago, walla299 said:

Seems I might need to clear up a possible misconception, and its another reminder for me that I really should not type when tired. :)

I did not mean that education or being a scientist was "bad" in any sense. All I meant was that the Lord has his people everywhere, no matter what trade or field and He has them there for a reason. I met quite a few scientists while at the University and several of them were believers - one even said part of his testimony was what he saw in their instruments. The deeper they went into the inner workings of a cell the more obvious it was that all of it was not an accident - it was designed. There seems to be a belief (here in the US) that to be a believer means you are an uneducated, low income, "red neck", of the lower classes. Some would carry it that far anyway. God turns the world and all it loves on its head, just like Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1.

As for the "unpardonable sin" I think that one could be dying without Christ. (In my opinion, anyway.) There's no coming back from that.

I don't think Christians per se are dummies , but I am targetting some who come on here to dismiss science and further study , as it is not needed, they say . Are we reading the same posts ? Maybe not .:o

Guest Thallasa

The unpardonable sin is not in my opinion dying without Christ . How can it be ,when millions ,of people  who are well intentioned, but have never had the oportunity to know Him ,and what He can do for you .

It has to be a freely made  concious choice, from someone who knows God ,has been offered and received the grace of eternal salvation, and refused it , denying God's power ,and His place as Creator of all that is .

I think it not only has to be a conscious choice but thee person has to have tasted what the Holy Spirit feels like. And even then, didn't Jesus say it won't be forgiven in this life or the next? I think He did. So maybe for some souls there will be some kind of an allowance made. I'm thinking of someone who should have known Jesus is the savior but then became confused later in life, like maybe what we call a nervous breakdown.

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Thallasa said:

In the past in Europe, most  scientists were Christian/Catholic , and of course believed in God . I take it you are talking about evangelicals, who often seem to be afraid of science ,and take pride in attacking it .

Not true.  We are not afraid of science, at all.  We simply oppose the worldview that science must be agnostic or atheistic in order to be done correctly.

While many people who go into science and maths are sceptical about religion,  who can blame them for this , as so christian evangelicals  deny the connection between knowing God and understanding His creation and the advancement of God's Kingdom .

Not true at all.  We view science as a magnificent way to understand the scope of God's creation.

Ignorance, is no virtue but is made one, by those who like to believe they  are saved by no effort at all on their part . The Kingdom of God is advancing in spite of them who cling to false pride in their division of the truth .

Ignorance of God is no virtue either.  But science has been hi-jacked by the Atheistic community who argue that unless one believes in Darwinistic Evolution, one cannot be a scientist.  It is atheistic scientists who argue that belief in God is akin to believing fairy tales and Santa Claus. 

I used to think it was atheists which are the problem ,but I think often  that atheists are made by bad christians , who revel in ignorance .  

No, it really is the scientists who are the problem.

Personally I do not believe in Darwinianism ,but another theory , which is mine alone .

Well, those who don't believe in Darwinistic  Evolution are maligned as foolish by the scientific community, as they consider themselves infallible and unquestionable.  The scientific community demands an unquestioning submission to their views and to disagree with them is intolerable.

But Evolution was never proven. About 20 yrs ago I looked into the so-called Missing Link. I found out there are many missing links. So many that the whole theory is worthless. Back then I was disappointed but I trusted my research. Now the Internet came out and I find out half the world simply believes evolution is a fact. IMO it's more like a religion. And sadly if most of us had the same degree of faith that they have we'd be moving mountains. It's a lovely idea but they never found the hard evidence to make it go from a collection of unproved hypothesis to a fact.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, JTC said:

But Evolution was never proven. About 20 yrs ago I looked into the so-called Missing Link. I found out there are many missing links. So many that the whole theory is worthless. Back then I was disappointed but I trusted my research. Now the Internet came out and I find out half the world simply believes evolution is a fact. IMO it's more like a religion. And sadly if most of us had the same degree of faith that they have we'd be moving mountains. It's a lovely idea but they never found the hard evidence to make it go from a collection of unproved hypothesis to a fact.

Evolution has never been proven, that is true.   But the scientific community uses Darwinian Evolution as the measuring stick to determine who believes in science and who does not.   You can have a Ph.D. in biology, but if you don't believe in Evolution, you are not a scientist and will be barred from having your work published in scientific journals.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Evolution has never been proven, that is true.   But the scientific community uses Darwinian Evolution as the measuring stick to determine who believes in science and who does not.   You can have a Ph.D. in biology, but if you don't believe in Evolution, you are not a scientist and will be barred from having your work published in scientific journals.

Really??? I hope you're exaggerating. Because I almost had a PhD in psychology but I would have never accepted evolution as anything more than a theory. Maybe that's why God didn't let me get the PhD. I would have had a minor nervous breakdown.   

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

My brother was a scientist. And an atheist. He said he could not believe in something he could not see.