Abigailwc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have seen on the news today, that Terri Shiavo's parents have just made another bid to have the feeding tube reinstated.....due to new evidence from a neurologist, who has confirmed that Terri is not in a vegetative state.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Let's see now....haven't one of you ladies ever said "I'd rather die than go out without my makeup!"

Or haven't one of us ever proclaimed "I'd rather die than get the flu again!".

How about "I'd rather die of hunger than gain another pound of weight!" while we go on eating to live.

If such statements made in passing and figuratively expressing our dislike or strong feelings about something do not give us justification to starve and dehydrate someone to death who is not wearing make up, may catch the flu again, or may gain another pound of weight what justification is there for putting Terri to death because someone remembers her saying something about not wanting to live in a vegetative state while watching a TV show?

Who in their right mind would want to live in a vegetative state? Anybody here want to do that?

Yet it would be an incredible stretch to take someone's expression of not wanting to live as a vegetable and equate that with a very real desire to be starved and dehydrated to death.

Yet that seems to have been what happened. Michael and his brother and sister remembered Terri saying she would not want to live liike a vegetable. Who would? But that does not for a certain death wish make. And judge Greer apparently discounted all indications that Terri might not have wanted to really die. Especially not by starvation and dehydration.

A judge ruled one viewpoint as more indicative of Terri's own wishes than the other. Why? Well...because no one would want to live like that. Right? I mean what other basis could he have used to rule definitively as he did? There was nothing in writing and to this day no one really knows for sure what Terri would have wanted. Any judgment purporting to know what Terri would have wanted is based on pure speculation supported by hearsay or the flimsiest of circumstantial evidence which would never stand up in a captial murder trial to justify executing anybody.

Carlos

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Let's see now....haven't one of you ladies ever said "I'd rather die than go out without my makeup!" 

Or haven't one of us ever proclaimed "I'd rather die than get the flu again!".

How about "I'd rather die of hunger than gain another pound of weight!" while we go on eating to live. 

If such statements made in passing and figuratively expressing our dislike or strong feelings about something do not give us justification to starve and dehydrate someone to death who is not wearing make up, may catch the flu again, or may gain another pound of weight what justification is there for putting Terri to death because someone remembers her saying something about not wanting to live in a vegetative state while watching a TV show? 

Who in their right mind would want to live in a vegetative state?  Anybody here want to do that?

Yet it would be an incredible stretch to take someone's expression of not wanting to live as a vegetable and equate that with a very real desire to be starved and dehydrated to death. 

Yet that seems to have been what happened.  Michael and his brother and sister remembered Terri saying she would not want to live liike a vegetable.  Who would?  But that does not for a certain death wish make.  And judge Greer apparently discounted all indications that Terri might not have wanted to really die.  Especially not by starvation and dehydration. 

A judge ruled one viewpoint as more indicative of Terri's own wishes than the other.  Why?  Well...because no one would want to live like that.  Right?  I mean what other basis could he have used to rule definitively as he did?  There was nothing in writing and to this day no one really knows for sure what Terri would have wanted.  Any judgment purporting to know what Terri would have wanted is based on pure speculation supported by hearsay or the flimsiest of circumstantial evidence which would never stand up in a captial murder trial to justify executing anybody. 

Carlos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carlos,

Only God knows what his perfect will is for Terrys life. What ever happened to trusting in God, what ever happened to his will be done, what ever happened to accepting the fact that God is in control.

Can we not just unite as a christain family and simply pray that "Gods will be done"? As simple as that. Can we not trust God, that he will answer that prayer? Can we not trust the the end result will be his will? Can we not open ourselves to that possilibity that perhaps over the last 15 years God didn't raise Terry up cause in his perfect will it may have been time for her to go to be with him, but, man in mans will, has kept her here on this earth? Do we have to trash other christains, the court system and even our own governers and president, who have acted within the law, as we all are to do. I mean why can we trust God, that his will will be done? Why not? After all God knows the bigger picture. After all, he rules. He could rise Terry up right now, if he so chose.

Can we not just trust in God. Unite globally, like never done before and be unitied in one simple prayer, which if for Gods will to be done. In the end that is what will happen, and then, I wonder who will accept it, and how much fighting will go on.

Just tired of all the slamming and feel satan is rejoicing for the effect this is having on the christian community.

Gods will be done. None others. All is said in that simple 4 word sentence. Gods will be done.

Mark

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In the end. Gods will well be done for Terry, despite what man wants, husband wants, parents want, and now dividied infighting christains want. How few times to I see the prayer for his will to be done. Isnt that whats important here. We all belong to him. God will prevail.

Mark

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Schiavo Appeal Rejected Again in Atlanta

3 minutes ago Top Stories - AP

By RON WORD, Associated Press Writer

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. - With time running out for Terri Schiavo, a federal appeals court Wednesday rejected her parents' latest attempt to get the brain-damaged woman's feeding tube reconnected.

The Atlanta-based 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed to consider an emergency bid by Bob and Mary Schindler for a new hearing in their case, raising a flicker of hope for the parents after a series of setbacks in the case. But the court rejected the request 15 hours later.

Three times last week, the court also ruled against the Schindlers.

"Any further action by our court or the district court would be improper," Judge Stanley F. Birch Jr. wrote. "While the members of her family and the members of Congress have acted in a way that is both fervent and sincere, the time has come for dispassionate discharge of duty."

To be granted, the parents' request would have needed the support of seven of the court's 12 judges. The court did not disclose the vote breakdown.

The Schindlers visited their daughter Wednesday morning at her hospice and urged their supporters to keep trying. "I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw," Bob Schindler said. "So she's still fighting, and we'll keep fighting."

"We know that some of her organs are still functioning. ... It's not too late," he said.

In requesting a new hearing, the Schindlers argued that a federal judge in Tampa should have considered the entire state court record and not whether previous Florida court rulings met legal standards under state law. The Schindlers' motion also said the federal appellate court in Atlanta didn't consider whether there was enough "clear and convincing" evidence that Terri Schiavo would have chosen to die in her current condition.

Well, unless God steps in, that's the end for Terri. :emot-handshake:

warm regards

-bud

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

FYI- relith's quote was deleted (as it should have been) so if my post makes no sense... that's why. :emot-handshake:

reltih,

(snip)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The appeals court granted a request late Tuesday to file the new petition requiring federal judges to consider the full record of Terri's case, not just the state court's procedural history on the case. May God guide the courts, lawyers, doctors and family to do His will... and for those of us trusting in Him to be at peace with whatever His will is regarding this and to be at peace with each other.

EDIT: The federal appeals court declined to reopen the case.

Edited by seraph

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

EDIT: The federal appeals court declined to reopen the case.

That's just cruel....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You know, I have read so much about this case and there is so much that has gone way way too far from everywhere, and a lot of it doesn't even make sense to me.

If I were in Terrie's position I personally would just like to go on and be with the Lord. I'm not sure I would not prefurr that now and I'm not even sick. I wish I really knew what she wanted for sure.

Just about everyone on this board is either waiting for the rapture or at least hoping there is one, so ultimately we are all ready to go.

Are we getting caught up into something that is much more than what it seems on the surface. Are the media people and polititions working with an agenda in the background??

More than once in the past few days the statement has been made that we treat pets better than we are treating Terrie...... are we headed into an era of mercy killings. Are we as a people being worked into a frenzy that we will demand the right to put to death people who are in her position and not suffer so.

So many questions and so few answers..... something is going on here that doesn't meet the eye, but I can't put my finger on it just yet.

I feel so sorry for this family.... I think they are being used by both the media and political powers for something that is starting to bother me greatly.

Developing... as Drudge would say. I am starting to have a lot of questions as to what is going on overall with this.

Sam

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Sam, beautiful post. The public is being played constantly by lying, cheating politcians. But there is more to this, this is a power play. The pope is now on a feeding tube (though not hospitalized, and still receiving other nutrition), it will be most interesting to see how that develops.

We seem to be so focused on politicians etc that we forget the individual?! By keeping her alive (for whatever reason, geopolitical, personal, hiding of facts, hidden agenda's, etc), are we not interfering in God's plan for her? :thumbsup: