• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, ProphecyKid said:

I respect that opinion but it is clearly an opinion, not a fact.

If that is how you respond, then don't bother asking questions. Just hold on to your speculations, since I at least won't be responding.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1988

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

If that is how you respond, then don't bother asking questions. Just hold on to your speculations, since I at least won't be responding.

I'm not wrong. What you expressed was an opinion and there is nothing wrong with you expressing an opinion. I am simply pointing out that it is in fact just an opinion. I want to get to the bottom of this and opinions are welcomed but it isn't authoritative. 

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, ProphecyKid said:

Ok so where was Lazarus taken after he died?

Doesn't matter.    If the Holy Spirit thought it was important, He would have included that information.    What matters is where you and I will be going. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The Bible is very clear about what happens after death.  There are only two destinations, heaven or hell.   Where is this confusion you speak of?

Correct.  The Bible says, "it is appointed for once man to die, after that the judgement"  Then depending on your relationship with God, or if you have a relationship with God, as stated by shiloh, Heaven or Hell.   What you choose to do with Jesus will determine your fate.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, ProphecyKid said:

So this is a question I have been thinking about and I would like if someone can share their opinion on this.

We have many accounts of people who were dead and were resurrected. Lazarus is a prime example but there are examples of these instances in both the OT and NT. 

If when someone dies, they simply live on in another form and are taken to another place, why is it that will all of these people who were dead and then resurrected, that no one has shared their experience of being taken somewhere? if Lazarus would have shared where he was taken for the 3 - 4 days after his death that would really clear up the confusion of what happens after death. 

Or is it that death is really death so the dead have nothing to report after they have been resurrected?

But Jesus was still on the earth when he woke Lazarus so Lazarus mightve just rested

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

20 hours ago, ProphecyKid said:

So this is a question I have been thinking about and I would like if someone can share their opinion on this.

We have many accounts of people who were dead and were resurrected. Lazarus is a prime example but there are examples of these instances in both the OT and NT. 

If when someone dies, they simply live on in another form and are taken to another place, why is it that will all of these people who were dead and then resurrected, that no one has shared their experience of being taken somewhere? if Lazarus would have shared where he was taken for the 3 - 4 days after his death that would really clear up the confusion of what happens after death. 

Or is it that death is really death so the dead have nothing to report after they have been resurrected?

Shalom, ProphecyKid.

I'm not of the dichotomous persuasion that one either goes to heaven or to hell. I believe that the dead are REALLY DEAD until the Resurrection. We're not instructed to "anticipate Heaven"; we're instructed to anticipate our RESURRECTION!

The greatest reason for this is the definitions of such intangible ideas as "soul" and "spirit" and "heaven" and even "hell." However, another reason is our Jewish roots! "Christ" means "Messiah" which in turn means "Anointed One." Okay, most everyone knows that; however, they have not pursued it to its conclusions. For instance, no one equates the "Judgment Seat of Christ" with the "Judgment Seat of the Messiah." One who is "anointed" was typically anointed for some future office he would hold. The typical response is that one is anointed to be "priest", "prophet," or "king." David, his son, Shlomoh (Solomon), and all of his line who were to be Judah's king were so anointed. Sha`uwl (Saul) was also so anointed.

1 Samuel 8:4-5
4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
KJV

Indeed, we learn from David and particularly Shlomoh that one of the main duties of a king of Israel was to be the "Supreme Court Justice." 

2 Samuel 8:15
15 And David reigned over all Israel; and David executed judgment and justice unto all his people.
KJV

2 Chronicles 1:9-12
9 Now, O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?

11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
KJV

Miryam (Mary) was given this prophecy before she was pregnant:

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Mattityahu also tells us for whom the Magi were looking:

Matthew 2:1-2
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him (that is, to crouch to or bend the knee to him or to fall prostrate before him).
KJV

And, Matthew had further listed Yeshua`s (Jesus') lineage as coming from ...

Matthew 1:6
6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
KJV

So, Yeshua` (Jesus) is the Messiah, the Anointed One, to be Israel's King. When are we told that the Messiah will return and reign?

Revelation 20:6
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ (of God's Messiah, God's Anointed One), and shall reign with him a thousand years.
KJV

Why only a "thousand years" (i.e. the Millennium)? Because we are also told (by Paul in his treatise on the Resurrection):

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ (in the Messiah) shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ (the Messiah) the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's (they who belong to the Messiah) at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he (God) hath put all things under his (the Messiah's) feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he (God) is excepted, which did put all things under him (under the Messiah).
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

So, once the Messiah returns, He will reign over both the children of Israel and those whom He has subdued and conquered. This paints a need for the Messiah's thousand-year reign: To subdue all of His enemies until the last enemy, Death, is also subdued. Then, He hands over the Empire He has built, a world-wide Empire, to His Father, God, and continues to reign over the children of Israel forever.

Thus, the "Judgment Seat of Christ" or the "Judgment Seat of the Messiah," God's Messiah, by the way, will be THROUGHOUT the Millennium as He is the "One who is a greater than Shlomoh (Solomon)!" (Matt. 12:42; Luke 11:31.)

Now, for the definitions of the key words, suffice it for the time being that "soul" means "air-breather." "Spirit" means "wind" or "breath," particularly a "FORCEFUL breath." "Heaven" means the "sky," "heavens" means the "skies" (the OT in DUAL number rather than in plural), and "heavenly" might mean "of-the-sky" OR "of-above-the-sky." "Hell" comes from three Greek words: "Hades" (pronounced "HAH-dace"), which means the "unseen," like we say the "unknown"; "gehenna" ("ge-enna" pronounced "gheh-EN-na"), which means "the valley of Hinnom"; or "tartaro-oo" (pronounced "tar-ta-RAH-o"), which comes from the Greek word "tartaros" stemming from Greek mythology.

Regarding "soul" and "spirit," all one has to do is investigate Genesis 2:7 and Genesis 7:21-22 very carefully, and one will find that we aren't "souls" and/or "spirits" with bodies; we are BODIES with "breaths," becoming "breathers!"