• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

No, that JW baptism would be invalid, since it was based on a false gospel and "another Jesus".  You should be baptized as a genuine believer, whether in a Baptist church or elsewhere.  Just be aware that many Baptists mistakenly believe that baptism is the door to church membership in a local Baptist church.

That's what I thought. I've had this growing menacing feeling ever since I accepted Christ, The real one, that there was something missing.i don't remember felling anything after my JW baptism, except probably being wet.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I was raised a Lutheran and my parents had me christen and sprinkled  as a baby. When i was 28 i got saved in a southern baptist church and was baptized 2 days later. Baptism for me has been like a stake in the ground it didn't save me  but is one of the very first experiences. To make a confession or declaration to those who witness as well as to our enemy.   As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.  God bless and may He lead you to the perfect situation and persons to accomplish your desire.  Oh by the way i was blessed to baptize my parents after my conversion. There both in heaven now. 

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/25/2017 at 12:24 PM, lance.dunlop said:
On 2/25/2017 at 12:14 PM, enoob57 said:

JW's deny Jesus as God and that qualifies them as cultic... anything placing their faith in JW teaching will perish as God has said

I hadn't even noticed that part when I originally read it. 

JW is a cult. I know it's hard to call them that because of personal reasons. I grew up in that culture, and some of my family is/was stuck in it. It can be hard...but going to God's Word, you see that they have been led astray by wolves.

JW doesn't recognize Jesus as God, nor do they recognize the Holy Spirit as God. 

Their religion has constantly been filled with false prophecies.

Most of their main doctrines are false. Aside from Jesus and the Spirit not being God, they believe...
Jesus is Michael
144,000 will go to heaven
You are saved by the continuation of works
They have a head organization "The Watchtower" which believes that new revelation supersedes old revelation
They don't believe in the atonement
The NWT is purposefully crafted to deceive people from the deity of Jesus

The list can go on from here, but these are the big ones.

The fact is we should pray for them to come out of the movement. They are being deceived like we once were, and God is good and can save them to the uttermost.

The goal is bringing as many to Christ Jesus in Truth, in Salvation,  only in Jesus, as YHVH'S Word and Plan and Purpose is towards also.   Perfect Harmony with all of His Word.

When people get "saved" in any other way/ cult/  they are not saved,  and may fight tooth and nail instead of peacefully learning the truth, even instead of desiring the truth,  so our prayers may be that YHVH will grant them in His Grace

a desire to seek the truth !  That simple ..... His Promise is that if they will seek the truth, and keep seeking the truth, they will find it, and the truth will set them free (from any cult, Christian (in name only) or pagan ) ....