• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Paul was saying that just because we believe, we do not have a license to behave lawlessly- because we are forgiven our sins..

1st John-- how can we possibly love God if we are not already saved-- he set certain rules for a goo dlife- if we love him, it means we trust him- if we trust him we know that

what he says is best--- keeping the commandments does not get us saved== getting saved helps us keep the commandments

and the commandments he speaks of are the two, not the ten.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

50 minutes ago, other one said:

and the commandments he speaks of are the two, not the ten

basically the two, are the ten condensed-

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/26/2017 at 5:12 PM, woundeddog said:

Do you need to obey the ten commandments to be saved?~~yes

God gave us the ten  commandments as a way to know what we had to do to be perfect before him, he accepts nothing less than a totally Holy life to spend eternity with him. He is Holy and only Holy people can spend eternity with him. So if you try and keep the Ten Commandments and fail, you are no longer Holy and are now inedible for heaven. Bible says if you break one of the commandments , you have broken them all.

All through history people have been aware that God had standards and they tried to make up for their failure to meet his expectations--- failure means separation from God, no entry into heaven- eternity in hell, they knew instinctively that they failed, but tried to make up for it somehow--  But God would not except their filthy pathetic attempts.

God knows we cannot meet his requirements for heaven, How can a loving God have standards so high that no one can meet them?? Is that really Love??? He is sovereign and Holy, he can do as he pleases.

The good news is that he pleases Him to help us. He does not lower his standards because to do so would allow sin and he has a clear picture of what it would be like for an eternal being to have to live in sin forever, so what he did instead was to come down to where we live right here on planet earth, get his feet dirty and his hair wet when it rains, tired and hungry just like us. Bible says his name is Emmanuel~~God, with us.

Jesus, our Emmanuel lived a perfect life. Dirty feet, wet hair- hungry, tired for 33 years and did not break one of the Ten Commandments- ever- not one.

God says if we break a commandment we must die ( The wages of sin is death) Jesus did not break any commandments, he was exempt from death- Jesus could live forever in his earthly body- he did not have to experience the pain and fear of death.

God had said that the only way to pay for sin was with perfect blood. The Bible says the Life is in the blood--- to shed Blood means to die.

A goat, a bull, a lamb, was not equal to a man, but the animals blood was used to symbolize the fact that perfect blood was coming. When you go into a store and see a sign on an item that says “SOLD”  its sold, but it hasn’t been paid for yet—the traditional animal blood sacrifice marked the believer “sold” but not paid for yet. When Jesus Shed his blood- the price was paid.

The bible says not one jot or title of the law ( ten commandments) will pass away- that means always the ten commandments where  the standard for Gods acceptance.

Jesus said “ I come not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it”  He meant, I know you can’t keep it, but I am not going to make it go away, but I will keep it for you. How?- here’s a picture- you are old weak and feeble, there is a big snow storm that dumps many inches of snow on your driveway- there is no way you can get rid of the snow. Some one who cares for you comes and shovels your snow away~~~ Jesus care- he shovels away our sin.

So, what does this all mean for the pathetic helpless sinner going to hell? It means that God is a loving God, it means there is hope, it means you can be Holy and be with God in heaven. HOW, PLEASE GOD TELL ME HOW.  Believe Gods Word, Bible says he shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly,  Jesus perfect life could be credited to us, his shed blood would be the perfect sacrifice to pay for our sin.

Christ said, “whoever comes to me I will not cast out”,,

“whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved”

“the righteous shall live by faith”

“And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”~~~~ for us also, believe God paid for your sin and be a friend of God

He will see you as Holy based on what Christ did for us

We cannot obey the Ten commandments, but Jesus did it for us , if you trust him and accept the fact that he did-=-- that is the only key to heaven for sinners like us

Baptism

Church membership

Sinners prayer

Asking Jesus into your heart

Sincerely trying to be good

Tithing and charitable acts~~~~~

All tickets to hell, only faith in Gods promise that Jesus lived the commandments for us, and still died and shed his blood as a sacrifice that we could not pay, --- only simple faith in that alone will make you holy enough to see God in heaven

How to know you dont have to keep the 10 commandments to be saved..

Easy., Just ask yourself ...."What did God offer on a Cross to save me".

If the answer is ..."The 10 commandments", then there is your answer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

By having and developing a relationship with God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus.

When you have truly and sincerely repented and ask God to come make a home in your heart, His Holy Spirit will come and begin to make His home in your heart.

Through this process, The Holy Spirit has circumcised your heart with His Law now living inside of you.

God lives where His Law is.

When you have repented and have invited the Holy Spirit of God come come make His home in your Heart, you have invited the Law of God into your heart.

Through this, through the Holy Spirit of God, now living in your heart, He can now begin to teach you and help to guide you and help to change you more and more into the child of God you were always made to be.

So to be saved, you need to desire to have a truthful, faithful, loving relationship with God.

You cannot be saved without having a relationship with Father God.

If you truly have repented and have asked Christ Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit of God has come into your heart,He has circumcised your Heart by His Law now living inside you. Your body is the temple where the Holy Spirit of God Lives.

Christ Jesus did not come to abolish the LAW but to FULFILL it.

And He does so in your heart, by making His home in your heart.

If you are truly saved, your life will begin to change, you will no longer be the same person you were like before being saved, the things of sin you used to go for will no longer be be of interest. This you will see happen as you keep developing your relationship with God. Gods Holy spirit now in you will be also working in you, convicting your spirit when you are going the wrong way. He will show you how to walk the right way. God forgives,God teaches,God Chastises, God loves, God is very patient and will always in a very gentle way, let you know who you are and what needs changing. God is redeemer and  healer. He promises to never leave you or abandon you and when you fall, go astray, He is the good shepherd who will go out of His way to bring you back into His safety.

If you are His, you will have understanding for His Words, and you come cling to Him and have a great desire to know Him more and more.

the faith=faithfulness and the trust and love for Him only grows, when you seek Him most sincerely and with all your heart and soul.

Christ Jesus gave us two Commandments and in these two commandments, when we apply them , all other commandments are fulfilled as well.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, woundeddog said:

basically the two, are the ten condensed-

No they are the ten enhanced. 

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

If you are His, you will have understanding for His Words, and you come cling to Him and have a great desire to know Him more and more.

Yes- you understand the Challenge of ths post-- before we are saved we may try to keep his commandments out of obligation but fail----- after we are saved we keep them out of gratitude with the help of the Holy Spirit

3 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Yes- you understand the Challenge of ths post-- before we are saved we may try to keep his commandments out of obligation but fail----- after we are saved we keep them out of gratitude with the help of the Holy Spirit

Yes, praise God, we understand each other :-)

In Christ Jesus;

1 to3

When the Holy Spirit of God is living in our hearts, He teaches us and we learn and grow and become transformed more and more into His new creation.

When we Have Christ living in our hearts we desire to follow Him and be faithful to Him

not because we have to,

***but because we want to.***

We want to because our hearts have been transformed, circumcised by Him living in them, we are not circumcised outwardly but inwardly through the renewing of the the Holy Spirit of God living in them.

The Jews and the Law

Romans 2:29

28A man is not a Jew because he is one outwardly, nor is circumcision only outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew because he is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man’s praise does not come from men, but from God

God is  LAW His Law does not separate from who HE IS.

If the Holy Spirit of God comes to Live in our hearts, His Law also is in our hearts.

When you truly love God there is No other God but Him for you to want to love.

when you love your neighbor as yourself, you do not want to hurt them, steal from, covet them do wrong to them...

Matthew 22:36-40New International Version

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 ***All the Law and the Prophets hang*** on these two commandments.”

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you,

***Till heaven and earth pass,***

***one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law,*** till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Love one another

John 13:34  Christ Jesus said:

33Little children, I am with you only a little while longer. You will look for Me, and as I said to the Jews, so now I say to you: ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’ 34A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”…

And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it. 2 John 1:6

Christ Jesus said:

“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." John 14:15 

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 2/26/2017 at 6:12 PM, woundeddog said:

Do you need to obey the ten commandments to be saved?~~yes

God gave us the ten  commandments as a way to know what we had to do to be perfect before him, he accepts nothing less than a totally Holy life to spend eternity with him. He is Holy and only Holy people can spend eternity with him. So if you try and keep the Ten Commandments and fail, you are no longer Holy and are now inedible for heaven. Bible says if you break one of the commandments , you have broken them all.

All through history people have been aware that God had standards and they tried to make up for their failure to meet his expectations--- failure means separation from God, no entry into heaven- eternity in hell, they knew instinctively that they failed, but tried to make up for it somehow--  But God would not except their filthy pathetic attempts.

God knows we cannot meet his requirements for heaven, How can a loving God have standards so high that no one can meet them?? Is that really Love??? He is sovereign and Holy, he can do as he pleases.

The good news is that he pleases Him to help us. He does not lower his standards because to do so would allow sin and he has a clear picture of what it would be like for an eternal being to have to live in sin forever, so what he did instead was to come down to where we live right here on planet earth, get his feet dirty and his hair wet when it rains, tired and hungry just like us. Bible says his name is Emmanuel~~God, with us.

Jesus, our Emmanuel lived a perfect life. Dirty feet, wet hair- hungry, tired for 33 years and did not break one of the Ten Commandments- ever- not one.

God says if we break a commandment we must die ( The wages of sin is death) Jesus did not break any commandments, he was exempt from death- Jesus could live forever in his earthly body- he did not have to experience the pain and fear of death.

God had said that the only way to pay for sin was with perfect blood. The Bible says the Life is in the blood--- to shed Blood means to die.

A goat, a bull, a lamb, was not equal to a man, but the animals blood was used to symbolize the fact that perfect blood was coming. When you go into a store and see a sign on an item that says “SOLD”  its sold, but it hasn’t been paid for yet—the traditional animal blood sacrifice marked the believer “sold” but not paid for yet. When Jesus Shed his blood- the price was paid.

The bible says not one jot or title of the law ( ten commandments) will pass away- that means always the ten commandments where  the standard for Gods acceptance.

Jesus said “ I come not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it”  He meant, I know you can’t keep it, but I am not going to make it go away, but I will keep it for you. How?- here’s a picture- you are old weak and feeble, there is a big snow storm that dumps many inches of snow on your driveway- there is no way you can get rid of the snow. Some one who cares for you comes and shovels your snow away~~~ Jesus care- he shovels away our sin.

So, what does this all mean for the pathetic helpless sinner going to hell? It means that God is a loving God, it means there is hope, it means you can be Holy and be with God in heaven. HOW, PLEASE GOD TELL ME HOW.  Believe Gods Word, Bible says he shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly,  Jesus perfect life could be credited to us, his shed blood would be the perfect sacrifice to pay for our sin.

Christ said, “whoever comes to me I will not cast out”,,

“whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved”

“the righteous shall live by faith”

“And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”~~~~ for us also, believe God paid for your sin and be a friend of God

He will see you as Holy based on what Christ did for us

We cannot obey the Ten commandments, but Jesus did it for us , if you trust him and accept the fact that he did-=-- that is the only key to heaven for sinners like us

Baptism

Church membership

Sinners prayer

Asking Jesus into your heart

Sincerely trying to be good

Tithing and charitable acts~~~~~

All tickets to hell, only faith in Gods promise that Jesus lived the commandments for us, and still died and shed his blood as a sacrifice that we could not pay, --- only simple faith in that alone will make you holy enough to see God in heaven

That's a very convoluted sermon. First the statement we have to keep holy and a perfect life lived following the ten commandments and why. And then at the end the statement that all that was a ticket to Hell. And we really only make it to heaven when we have faith.

Why would you do that?

45 minutes ago, Radiant_Owl said:

Why would you do that?

because its the truth-- so many people think they can achieve heaven by their good efforts--and they can IF they are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT~~this is to refute the I'm trying hard so God should let me into heaven. Since God knows we can not achieve heaven by our efforts- Jesus came and did live the commandments perfectly but still suffered the punishment for sin.. SO, if a person has realized they can not meet Gods first requirement of a perfect life for heaven, they will hopefully run to Gods other plan of trusting in Jesus to live a perfect life, and suffer their death penalty.

To recap- many people try to keep the commandments to get to heaven but do not realize that you have to keep them with out one single error or sin-- basically the ten commandments are a death sentence to man kind--- but faith in Jesus is a pardon and the key to eternal life