LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

The past few Sundays I have found myself getting bored in church. I don't really know why. It is almost like my brain just goes to sleep. Anyone else ever feel this way?  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

The past few Sundays I have found myself getting bored in church. I don't really know why. It is almost like my brain just goes to sleep. Anyone else ever feel this way?  

I used to go to a Church where the Pastor's sermon was the most boring presentation in the world. I would find my mind wondering. But I have also been to a Church where the Pastor's sermon was amazing and I learned a lot. When it was over it felt like it was only 5 minutes since he has started the sermon.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yes. Frequently.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

44 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yes.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

The problem with the Church that I loved the Sermon of the head Pastor is that I did not care for the assistant Pastor. He would sometimes yell during his sermon and I don't like that. Or he would say something inappropriate and the whole congregation would laugh. :blink:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

The early ecclesia, I found,  according to SCRIPTURE were every day full of joy,  peace, and righteousness,  not just when they were meeting.   There's descriptions of this in the NEW TESTAMENT,  and why it was (and is ) so.  They definitely weren't bored,  as the same spirit that RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD dwelt in them !   They were living the resurrection life in CHRIST JESUS as the FATHER demonstrated HIS WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE and SALVATION / HEALING in their bodies.   

Likewise in meetings of ecclesia TODAY,  and in the many years since I've been saved,  the LIFE OF YHWH is PRESENT and healing and nurturing and uplifting and edifying and righteous,    as well as present with perfect judgment according to HIS WORD (thus the assembly remaining whole, alive, and clean) .....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

Depends who's preaching as we have a rotation of who speaks rather than one head pastor who does all the preaching, the one we had today is normally long winded but he hit his sermon out of the park today, the one last week was confusing and I think his message was slightly incoherent. When we went to a Charismatic church we used to sing the same songs over and over, for like 20 minutes per song or longer and I would get board then. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,657
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

No! No, not at all. I was just resting my eyes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,657
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seriously, Do I get bored? No but:

I do get tired, inattentive, antsy, achy, ill, or have additional commitments, many times.

So I obtain the pastor's text and read it, or listen to the podcast, or both afterward. Since I know the upcoming Bible text as all of us do, I can read ahead of time and search commentaries trying to also  guess what pastor will emphasize, and also seek out  additional  sermons on the book we are studying. There are all sorts of things I can do to prepare myself for the word of God, - learn   historical setting information, past and present application, etc. Shouldn't be boring, but it is work sometimes hard work for the mind.

And yes the sanctuary lights they are too bright for my eyes, and the drummer oh sometimes the drummer  gets ahead of the beat and the singers have to then follow the bassist. Oh the turmoil of music and announcements and share a germ greeting time. Can all be tough distractions. Or, can be great joy. It is in the individual mindset which.

Lets see our morning worship services have been  a reading of Psalms  starting back  at December,- December 2, 2012. We are now  at Psalm 119:155. We started 119 July 11, 2016. Sooo, we do spend a little time  in exposition. I think we were in Matthew for five years.

There are also evening services presently going through Ephesians, and Sunday classes to select from,  and Wednesday night Awana , and adult  ACTS classes, and Ladies Bible Study  on Thursdays,  Mens on Fridays. So there is much one can join in for studies. Could be bored, but again  that is the individual's fault or mindset.

If one does not want to learn  then they will definitely get bored for there is precious little entertainment for entertainment's sake. It's not for everyone I know, but it is what God  led me to  some 15 years ago. It is also where I stand my humble post. I worked there this evening, covering for another bond-servant. And help me Lord it was a special presentation, by a missionary- a terrific servant, but I have heard the presentation some 15 wonderful year's worth.  

Again  I did notice the sanctuary lights tonight, they are a little too bright for my eyes, so I rested them. I rested them till my head snapped back and I startled myself. I have to be careful to not sit in the very back row or I bang the back of my head against the brick wall.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 4/2/2017 at 3:42 PM, LadyKay said:

I have found myself feeling bored. There have been days when I have felt so sleepy. Some times I have even dozed off. Not because it was because the sermon is boring or something. Some times work gets crazy and I would have just slept few hours the night before or the entire week. Our Church service starts around 9AM, unlike other Churches who start pretty late. So I would feel so tired and uncontrollable sleep creeps in!!

Why do you think you feel bored? Is it because of tiredness or something else?