• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

16 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Luke 1:48

48 for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden.For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed;

Blessed is Mary among woman and all generations will call her blessed. So why would Luke write these things if in 10 chapters Jesus is going to rebuke someone for doing this.

do not assign meaning beyond what the Bible actually said.

Mary is quoted as saying that all generations will call me blessed does not imply that she is worthy of special veneration- what it means is that she is blessed-- a term the RCC has tweeked the meaning of from the earlier translations-- blessed means happy or joyful--

Of course Mary was joyful that the Lord chose her to be the Mother of the MAN Christ Jesus ( not the mother of God as he was preexistant to her) and I agree- my generation must agree she must have been happy by this assignment.\

words are important ~~~ they need to be used correctly, and not twisted to achieve a result not intended by the original speaker or writer

Guest Judas Machabeus
5 hours ago, woundeddog said:

JM- although I am antagonist to RCC doctrines and teaching--- I am concerned about your eternal welfare-- it may surprise you but you have been on my prayer list for awhile ~~

With all sincerity I thank you. I does warm my heart that you can about my salvation.  

Guest Judas Machabeus
7 hours ago, Spock said:

Judas,  (Fidelbus too if you like)

May I ask you one simple question? I hope you answer it. (You have missed some of my questions.) 

If God were to ask you you today," Judas, why should I let you into my kingdom (Heaven)?" How would you answer God?

Please don't read much into that question.  In fact, if you answer it, I will also answer the question to show you my answer so we can compare notes, if you will. 

Thanks,

spock

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Been traveling today. 

I would say,  Jesus offered himself up as a sacrifice to atone for my sins. And I believe that Jesus is the son of the living God. Have mercy on me a sinner. 

Than if I wasn't already prostrated I would be after that. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
9 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Judas...

I can't seem to find what the question is that you have been asking....would you mind telling me what it was? I'm sorry,forgive me please but I am really wondering what it could be?                                                                                                                                      Peace & Love-in Christ,Kwik

The line that got thrown at me more than once was "where in scripture does it say ......." or some variation of that.

so I've asked where in scripture does it say everything has to be in scripture. Sola Scriptura has been brought up and I've asked where is that in the bible and sola fide was mentioned and I asked where that was in the bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Been traveling today. 

I would say,  Jesus offered himself up as a sacrifice to atone for my sins. And I believe that Jesus is the son of the living God. Have mercy on me a sinner. 

Than if I wasn't already prostrated I would be after that. 

Thanks Judas.  

Well, while we may not be on the same page regarding who we think Mary was/is,  we certainly are on the same page regarding salvation by faith alone. 

Cheers,

spock

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 hours ago, Spock said:

Thanks Judas.  

Well, while we may not be on the same page regarding who we think Mary was/is,  we certainly are on the same page regarding salvation by faith alone. 

Cheers,

spock

I don't believe in faith alone. I also don't believe you can earn salvation. I can not stand before God and say I did all these things you have to let me in. I believe you have to follow the commandments of Jesus. You can't just have faith and that's it. 

God became flesh and offered himself up as a sacrifice, because only the blood of and infinite God could be enough to atone for our sins. No animal sacrifice can ever be enough.

i do not believe that you can answer an alter call and that's it it ends there. I believe you have to build and maintain a relationship with Jesus, grow in faith and follow his teachings  

Edited by Judas Machabeus

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I don't believe in faith alone. I also don't believe you can earn salvation. I can not stand before God and say I did all these things you have to let me in. I believe you have to follow the commandments of Jesus. You can just have faith and that's it. 

God became flesh and offered himself up as a sacrifice, because only the blood of and infinite God could be enough to atone for our sins. No animal sacrifice can ever be enough.

i do not believe that you can answer an alter call and that's it it ends there. I believe you have to build and maintain a relationship with Jesus, grow in faith and follow his teachings  

Your post here prompted these three immediate thoughts from me:

1. "Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling..."  Phil 2:12

2. I'm  not a fan of easy belivism either, and I do believe the book of James was written to remind us that your GOOD WORKS should prove the validity of your FAITH! 

3. 9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”  Romans 10:9

Good words again, Judas.

cheers,

spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:04 AM, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm still unclear about this part. My understanding is that there is only one heaven. When I think of inheritance in relation to the bible it means salvation/entering into heaven. 

Thank you for your patient. Sometimes new ideas or looking at thing from a different angle can take time to become clear. I'm not sure which this is. New idea or old idea coming from a different angle. 

I found a commentary that seems to explain the third heaven idea, Paul mentions a third heaven but never says what it is. So I would have to think that the idea of a third heaven was common knowledge. The commentary was saying that the third heaven was the heaven we go to when we die. In Genesis it says the heavens were created and than talks about the firmaments. 

Again thanks for your patients. 

Cheers and God Bless

Hi Judas,

The heavens - there is the third heaven mentioned in God`s word where the angels are, then there is the heavens of the universe, with planets & stars, etc & finally near the earth is the atmospheric heaven above us. All of these are mentioned in God`s word. He created them all & He has positions of authority to rule there.

And I agree with that commentary that says the third heaven, near God`s throne is where we will go when we die. And actually scripture show the Church, the Body of Christ believers already there.

`..you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the General Assembly and Church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, to the spirits of just men (OT saints) made perfect.to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant.` (Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

So counting from our position on the earth there are 3 heavens, or areas of heaven - 1. Atmospheric. 2. Universe. 3. Third heaven. Each have quite clear demarcations & are for God`s purposes.

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The following is copied from the vatican's webpage.

“966 and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things.”

Say WHAT !!! This is absolutely offensive because The bible says, that Jesus is Lord over all. Not mary.

The only place that “queen of heaven” is even mentioned in the bible is in Jeremiah 7 and 44. The pagan nations worshiped a goddess called “queen of heaven” to which Jeremiah sternly rebuked the Israelites for following suit. The queen of heaven is not mentioned anywhere else in scripture. This thing has been brought in around the 4 th century to make the gospel suit to the tastes of pagan belief's.

Catholics are quick to say they don't worship mary...but they do when they venerate her. The word venerate comes from the latin word “venerari” which literally means “to worship” When someone says hail holy queen, they are worshiping. The dictionary thesaurus defines “hail” as used in hail holy queen as "praise", and “divine” as God or supreme being.

The following sentence came from the last line in one of the “mary” prayers which is ascribing to mary what belongs to the Lord. “We desire that all that is in us and around us may belong to thee,” A person that is praying that is asking to belong to mary.

The following is from the list of promises from mary. The bible says that who so ever believes in Jesus shall not perish. So to ascribe this to mary is a lie directly from satan. The bible tells us to take every thought, and deed to the word of God. To see if what is being said or done, lines up with his word.

Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces

The soul which recommend itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

The line that got thrown at me more than once was "where in scripture does it say ......." or some variation of that.

so I've asked where in scripture does it say everything has to be in scripture. Sola Scriptura has been brought up and I've asked where is that in the bible and sola fide was mentioned and I asked where that was in the bible.

Blessings Judas

Thanks,I understand now & no one is going to be able to provide what you are asking for because it does not say that ,if it did(accurately) I am sure it we would call that tautology & no longer a theology,do you know what I mean?In any event,in 2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

The Scripture supports the fact that the Bible alone is the "infallible" basis for our FAITH ,not tradition    Isn't "everything" that pertains to our Faith all about doctrine,study,learning,our good works,spreading the gospel and Gods Righteousness  while we are given the Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of the Holy Spirit because we are in Relationship with God in Christ?    Certainly we can not lean on merely our own understanding......everything we need to KNOW or will come to know  is Written in the Word of God.......

I know the only reason you asked the question in the first place is because this is what was asked of you......

Your post here prompted these three immediate thoughts from me:

1. "Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling..."  Phil 2:12

2. I'm  not a fan of easy belivism either, and I do believe the book of James was written to remind us that your GOOD WORKS should prove the validity of your FAITH! 

3. 9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”  Romans 10:9

Good words again, Judas.

cheers,

spock

I am in agreement with both you & Spock.......I think you summed it up here.....

. I believe you have to build and maintain a relationship with Jesus, grow in faith and follow his teachings  

Your very own words lead me back to Sola Scriptura......all we need to know to grow in our Faith(Faith comes by hearing the Word of God) and to Understand His teachings that we may follow them,we(Believers) find in the Bible.....it is Revealed to us                                                      With love-in Christ,kwik