IGNORED

Is Maryology Idolatry?

Spock

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Catholics have a saying....no one can love Mary as much as Jesus....

They love her, they dont worship her. They bless her.

But yet you know much better on Catholicism than what the Catholics do

They worship her.  They pray for her guidance, healing, protection, etc.   Pope John Paul II attributed his healing from a gunshot wound to Mary.   They ask her for things that they should Jesus for.  But they don't.  Salve Regina is worship.

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Yet you guys refuse to actually listen to those who come from Catholicism to actaully correct you in some of your misunderstanding....yet you guys refuse to read and rather lets mock....

We don't need any lessons from the RCC as they are idolators.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Actually wanted to get to this....the doctrine of immortal souls demands you still alive. 

I agree. I was simply pointing out the Bible alternative to that popular doctrine.

when I said ", BobRyan said:

"The living know that they will die - but the dead know nothing" Eccl 9:5

"The Dead in Christ will rise first" 1 Thess 4

"Do not go to the dead on behalf of the living" Isaiah 8:19

King Saul went to the dead to inquire of the medium, the witch of Endore - to inquire "of it". saying "conjure up for me whomever I shall name". And more specifically "by thy familiar spirit". 

==============================================================================

Your in heaven your alive....yet you wish to contradict yourself saying your dead?

1 Thess 4 the saints are called "The Dead in Christ" and at the resurrection they " will rise first" 1 Thess 4

This is also the chapter where we find this - contrasting the dead with the living.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

So which is it in the soctrine of immortal souls....you dead or alive?

Further the catholic church does not conjure up spirits on earth to give them secrets

1. I agree with you that the popular doctrine you speak of has its own teaching there - but I prefer the actual words of scripture.

2. The "conjure up" language is a quote from 1 Samuel 28 when king Saul asks to speak to one of the dead saints -- in this case he is asking to speak with Samuel.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Listen , you don't seem to get it. Why do you think this means we interact & contact those who are in heaven?? I pray this all the time. THis is your EVIDENCE?  for folding hands to Mary, lighting candles, counting beads  & posting pictures of dead catholics all over the house and keeping little prayer cards to dead catholics under your pillow? .......weak, weak...... 

Well I do reject more than one or two Catholic doctrine - but at least on the subject of praying to the dead - you have to give them credit for this.... they call the doctrine "communion with the Dead"

958 Communion with the dead. "In full consciousness of this communion of the whole Mystical Body of Jesus Christ, the Church in its pilgrim members, from the very earliest days of the Christian religion, has honored with great respect the memory of the dead; and 'because it is a holy and a wholesome thought to pray for the dead that they may be loosed from their sins' she offers her suffrages for them."500 Our prayer for them is capable not only of helping them, but also of making their intercession for us effective.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Well you see I actually did, hence why I cant fix denial.

The only cop out is coming from you, because all im getting is your opinions

No, you have provided NO Scriptures that actually say that Christians should listen  to Mary.   You posted a Scripture about Mary speaking to Jewish servants.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Again that is just more christian xenophobic hate speech and more denialism to actually understand the Catholics.....because you dont understand the catholics, I dont know why you guys pretend you do.

But thanks for clearing up that this is propaganda hate thread

Praying to Mary is idolatry. The RCC are idolators.

33 minutes ago, Davida said:

Why would I credit them for that false claim?

What claim is false?

This one? From CCC 958?

958 Communion with the dead. "In full consciousness of this communion of the whole Mystical Body of Jesus Christ, the Church in its pilgrim members, from the very earliest days of the Christian religion, has honored with great respect the memory of the dead; and 'because it is a holy and a wholesome thought to pray for the dead that they may be loosed from their sins' she offers her suffrages for them."500 Our prayer for them is capable not only of helping them, but also of making their intercession for us effective.

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Every time a Catholic is confronted with Bible Scripture that contradicts their belief there is not a sound from them or they just ignore it.

True.

Also,Why would I follow a religion who at one time said the book of Revelations wasn't spiritual inspired.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, inchrist said:

Of cause just like not worth your time to actually understand catholics dont worship saints or mary.

Lol,it's a known fact that Catholics worship angels and Mary.

Guest shiloh357
45 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Then this must also idolatry according to the doctrine of immortal souls

Psalm 148

1 Praise the Lord.[a]

Praise the Lord from the heavens;
    praise him in the heights above.
2 Praise him, all his angels;
    praise him, all his heavenly hosts.

No, because all of creation is being to told to praise the Lord.  God is the object of worship.  So that doesn't refer to idolatry.