IGNORED

I'm a former Oneness Pentecostal, ask me questions about them?

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

How did you find out you were NOT speaking in tongues?

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/18/2017 at 11:35 AM, Limey_Bob said:

The key verse which they use against Trinitarians is John 8:24: "unless you believe I am you shall die in your sins." They interpret this as that Father who indwells the Son is the speaker and only they honour Jesus (as the Father) as Yahweh God.

GINOLJC, to all. They didn't quote John 8:24 correctly. first, one must start at the original quote in the OT. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". I AM "he" , and behold it is "I" are single designation.  now John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". here are the ERRORS of the Oneness Pentecostal, and many others.  A. the Lord Jesus is the diversity, or the Offspring of the Spirit. meaning he's the Equal Share of the Spirit in flesh. in the Greek, this is known as the G243 Allos of the Spirit. in the Hebrew it's the H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') or the Plurality of the Spirit in flesh.  Oneness Pentecostal just made a simple ERROR on the Lord Jesus as the Offspring of the Spirit. yes the SAME PERSON, but G243 allos numerically different, in flesh. hence the differentiation of the Spirit, in flesh. notice how I'm using Spirit instead of the term "God". because when I used the term God I'm saying Holy Spirit, just as I would "Father". and the term "Son, the Holy Spirit shared in flesh. 

The second ERROR, which not only the Oneness Pentecostal make, but many other also is the PERSONAL NAME of the Spirit. which is Jesus, transliterate into English, and Yeshua in Hebrew. the personal name Jesus/Yeshua was never given in the OT of God because he had not yet manifested as a "PERSON" in flesh. but the Name can be found in the OT as "his/my Salvation". hence the scripture is true. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". if his people "shall" know his name, then at the time of the writing here in Isaiah  his people didn't know his name. because "shall" is a future designation, from the present scripture  given. so the name was Revealed in the new testament when he came, or was MANIFESTED in flesh. again the diversity of the Spirit, or the Offspring of the Spirit.

conclusion, by the Oneness Pentecostal not knowing the diversity, or the plurality of the Spirit as the "EQUAL" share, hence their error. 

Lastly, I must agree with John D assessment. the only difference in Trinitarian  Oneness Pentecostal, and diversified Oneness theology, are these few things. A. God is one Person "Shared", or numerically different, a plurality of himself in flesh  and not separate persons. B. the first and ONLY PERSON in the Godhead is the HOLY SPIRIT. he's not a 3rd or Last person, he's the "FIRST" and ONLY PERSON who is God. 

for clarity, a re-read of this post is good

I'm like the Owner of this post, if you have any questions just ask. 

peace in Christ Yeshua/Jesus.