• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Book, chapter and verse please.   

Maybe this? I went to a resource I know so as to give a more detailed response.

6. Will The Church Go Through The Tribulation?

Specific Promises

In John 14:1-3, in connection with the promise of Christ, “I will come again,” the purpose of His coming is revealed to be to take believers to “my Father’s house,” by which term He describes heaven. After He meets the church in the air, He will take them to the place prepared. In contrast, at His coming to establish the millennial kingdom, all believers remain in the earthly scene. In 1 Thessalonians 5:4-10, believers are assured that they are children of light, not children of darkness. They are comforted with the promise that the day of wrath will not overtake them as a thief, as it will the world. They are promised, “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Thess. 5:9). In 1 Thessalonians 1:10 our hope is stated: “To wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.” If believers are delivered “from the wrath to come,” why inflict upon them a day of wrath designed for the ungodly? Are not believers assured: “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him” (Rom. 5:9)? In Revelation 3:10 the godly church at Philadelphia is promised: “Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.” In a word, they are promised that they will be kept “from” the period of tribulation ahead. That is different from being kept “through” this time.

This promise was true for the historic church at Philadelphia because they had the hope of the Lord’s return before the tribulation. If this church prefigures the true church as a whole, as many believe, it points to a further conclusion that all true believers in this age will have the same hope. This seems to follow a pattern found even in the Old Testament. Noah was saved from the flood. He was borne safely above it. Lot was led out of Sodom before its destruction. Rahab was saved before Jericho fell. Enoch was translated before the flood. While analogies are not conclusive, the translation of the church before the tribulation would be in keeping with these precedents.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

38 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Book, chapter and verse please.   

Just read the Bible literally. You can't miss it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

It's the bio weapons that they have that can cause great harm. Yes they have the means. 

I think they may have some of those but they are not nearly as far advanced as they would have the world think.  Call it intuition.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

I also think that there's a reason north Korea failed in launching their missile seconds after it fired up. That too is just something I'd call intuition.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Maybe this? I went to a resource I know so as to give a more detailed response.

Alright then, this settles it then.  Matt 24 paints a picture too, but i am not into the rapture study as such, as there are so many pre, mid and post trib presentations, that it just mind boggling how the saints can come up with so many different analysis.   Thanks for the information, i read it and it is familiar as i have been hearing over the years.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Just read the Bible literally. You can't miss it.

Really Missmuffet. You can do better than that.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

3 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Alright then, this settles it then.  Matt 24 paints a picture too, but i am not into the rapture study as such, as there are so many pre, mid and post trib presentations, that it just mind boggling how the saints can come up with so many different analysis.   Thanks for the information, i read it and it is familiar as i have been hearing over the years.

My pleasure. I'm glad you found the material useful.

I do know what you mean about the rapture study also. I never knew it could be made so complicated until I arrived on the Net years ago and found the pre, mid, post tribulation presentations and the debates. I think the complexity of something that I didn't think was such is what makes me veer away from that type discussion.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

35 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Really Missmuffet. You can do better than that.  

Those are the wisest words I have spoken all day :)

37 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Those are the wisest words I have spoken all day :)

Got questions have nothing to say about this.  Surely you can't let them down.  Ok, then have a nice day and thanks for your suggestion.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, what if someone personally threatened you and your family, and were lighting off bottle rockets over your neighbor's house. With the direct intention of perfecting their bottle rockets to hit your house and your neighbors house South of you? You know the guy lighting them off is a tyrant, unstable and doesn't think rationally. Would you just sit back and hope he stops threatening you and lighting bottle rockets all over the place?

How would it go over if this was happening so I took it upon myself to go over and fire bomb his house?