IGNORED

Predators, Dangerous Deviants & J.D. Hall of Pulpit & Pen

Danger Noodle

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Wayne222 said:

I don't know who Pastor Hall is. But I know debates over doctrine or anything can go over board until people in the body of christ are enemies. We try to defend truth but end up walking in hate and darkness. Now the hate is on for Hank . As if he cannot be a teacher and host for a bible based show. I heard they took him off some big radio stations already. To me this is persecution. God will judge this. We persecute Christians who uphold christ while we have Islam on our backs. Pretty stupid. 

No one is hating Hank.   To say we are is a false accusastion.     Hank has gone from being a defender of Evangelical Christianity, to have built a career on defending essential truths of the Christian faith and practice as the "Bible Answer Man"  to converting to an ideology that is diametrically opposed to those essential doctrines and for the decades long  ministry that Hank as had. 

It is alarming to us, but at no time has anyone ever defamed Hank or claimed that we hate him.   We are deeply concerned that Hank doens't really understand what he has converted to.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Your saying they deny the cross ?

I am not saying that deny "the cross" per se, but the most important aspect of Jesus work on the cross, yes, they do deny that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

thanks Spock, for your kind words.  :thumbsup:

You are welcome!

You and I have not always agreed on every topic we have discussed (remember our old earth discussions, lol), but we both are of one voice when it comes to a DIFFERENT GOSPEL! I appreciate you very much illuminating the body of Christ to false teachings being promoted by other bodies. We all need to be vigilant.  I'm not understanding why some people are bent out of shape over you exposing Coptic Church's core doctrines (RCC too) and comparing such with Scripture.  Isn't that what a Berean Christian does? 

Spock in the game

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Not talking about non-essentials.  They deny the authority of Scripture and the doctrine of Penal Substitutionary Atonement.  Those are core biblical doctrines.  The idea that our sin was imputed to Jesus on the cross, that he paid the penalty of our sin and bore the full weight of God's justice on our behalf is the heart of the Christian message.   But that is denied by the Eastern Orthodox.   So this is a serious deal.  

This is not about ritual or tradition or non-essentials, whatsoever.

The gospel brother, is not preaching justification through faith alone in christ alone. The gospel is the preaching of the cross and resurrection of God's son Jesus. Don't confuse the two. Many people might not even realize justification through faith is a truth but they are justified by faith when they receive Jesus Christ and become children of God. This doctrin of justification through faith is not the gospel. Jesus himself is the goodnews. And the Orthodox church has it.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not saying that deny "the cross" per se, but the most important aspect of Jesus work on the cross, yes, they do deny that.

Your saying they deny christ died for sins on the cross ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The gospel brother, is not preaching justification through faith alone in christ alone. The gospel is the preaching of the cross and resurrection of God's son Jesus. Don't confuse the two. Many people might not even realize justification through faith is a truth but they are justified by faith when they receive Jesus Christ and become children of God. This doctrin of justification through faith is not the gospel. Jesus himself is the goodnews. And the Orthodox church has it.

1Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importancea : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5and that he appeared to Cephas,b and then to the Twelve. 6After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.  (1 Cor 15)

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No one is hating Hank.   To say we are is a false accusastion.     Hank has gone from being a defender of Evangelical Christianity, to have built a career on defending essential truths of the Christian faith and practice as the "Bible Answer Man"  to converting to an ideology that is diametrically opposed to those essential doctrines and for the decades long  ministry that Hank as had. 

It is alarming to us, but at no time has anyone ever defamed Hank or claimed that we hate him.   We are deeply concerned that Hank doens't really understand what he has converted to.

Really ? He knows the Orthodox church better then you by far. I say that not trying to be rude. Hank is looking to be part of a body of christ that really walks in the faith and walks in the love of God.

7 minutes ago, Spock said:

1Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importancea : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5and that he appeared to Cephas,b and then to the Twelve. 6After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.  (1 Cor 15)

That is the goodnews not justification through faith. My point.

Just now, Yowm said:

Reread Romans chaps 1-4.

Justication through faith comes out of the gospel but is not the goodnews.

Just now, Yowm said:

Reread Romans chapters 1-4. The Gospel, Christ's death, forgiveness, faith, justification are all in the same inseparable package.

That is why it comes out of the gospel. But you don't preach it to save someone you preach christ.