Eastern Orthodoxy vs. Biblical Christianity

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Jeff2 said:

So, you concede:

1) Genuine saving faith produces works.

2) Without works, no one is saved.

3) Saving faith is never "alone."

So, why teach the man-made antinomian doctrine of Luther as if the Bible ever teaches it? Why make a humanistic creed your basis of salvation? The Bible states that we are saved by grace through faith. Adding antinomian doctrine to it is not the Gospel. 

No, where is what I am sayhing.

1. Genuine saving faith will be shown to be true when it produces works in a beleiver AFTER the beleiver is saved

2.  I reject the claim that without works no one is saved.   That is not what James said.

3. Saving faith is always "alone" in the sense that we are saved by faith alone apart from works. 

Nothing I have said is anti-nomian.   Do you even know what means?    "Salvation apart from works" is not anti-nomian.   It is the true Gospel.  Anyone trying to be saved by works is not an authentic Christian.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, shiloh357 said:

You said that justification by faith alone (imputed righteousness)  is a Gnostic belief.   I am challenging you to back that up.   Let's see some documentation for review that backs up your claim.

Now I remember! Notice that I said nothing about "faith alone", now did I!

As for the theological fiction of imputed righteousness, the Bible clearly never supports such a doctrine. The object of every passage given in support of it refers to the imputation of faith. If you lose the obvious theologically loaded term for something more accurate, one could see that Abraham's faith was (counted, reckoned) as righteousness. It does not say that righteousness is (imputed, reckoned, accounted), for faith.   

First of all, you would not admit the clear exegesis of the passages, and as you have now done, appealed to something other than the Bible for your evidence.

Faith Alone is not equal to Imputed Righteousness.

Imputed Righteousness is Gnostic in that it makes their primary claim that the spirit is pure, and the material body is evil. Things done in the body have no affect on the spirit. Standing and State, a doctrine invented by man to support the unbiblical teaching of Imputed righteousness, is a sister doctrine that defies Scripture by saying that what exists in the spiritual realm, is not so in the material realm. Clearly a Gnostic influence.   

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Now I remember! Notice that I said nothing about "faith alone", now did I!

As for the theological fiction of imputed righteousness, the Bible clearly never supports such a doctrine. The object of every passage given in support of it refers to the imputation of faith. If you lose the obvious theologically loaded term for something more accurate, one could see that Abraham's faith was (counted, reckoned) as righteousness. It does not say that righteousness is (imputed, reckoned, accounted), for faith.   

First of all, you would not admit the clear exegesis of the passages, and as you have now done, appealed to something other than the Bible for your evidence.

Faith Alone is not equal to Imputed Righteousness.

Imputed Righteousness is Gnostic in that it makes their primary claim that the spirit is pure, and the material body is evil. Things done in the body have no affect on the spirit. Standing and State, a doctrine invented by man to support the unbiblical teaching of Imputed righteousness, is a sister doctrine that defies Scripture by saying that what exists in the spiritual realm, is not so in the material realm. Clearly a Gnostic influence.   

Prove it is Gnostic.  I am waiting for the evidence.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, where is what I am sayhing.

1. Genuine saving faith will be shown to be true when it produces works in a beleiver AFTER the beleiver is saved

2.  I reject the claim that without works no one is saved.   That is not what James said.

3. Saving faith is always "alone" in the sense that we are saved by faith alone apart from works. 

Nothing I have said is anti-nomian.   Do you even know what means?    "Salvation apart from works" is not anti-nomian.   It is the true Gospel.  Anyone trying to be saved by works is not an authentic Christian.

Do you know what anti-nomos means? I doubt it. It is anti-Law.

So, do you believe in the "works" of faith, belief, and repentance... all of which precede salvation?

If you reject that without works, no one is saved, you not only reject James, you reject the Bible.

Your definition of "Faith Alone" is shown to be antinomian. It suggests that obedience to the Law of God does not matter. It is A-Nomos. 

Anyone trying to be saved without works is not an authentic Christian.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Jeff2 said:

Do you know what anti-nomos means? I doubt it. It is anti-Law.

So, do you believe in the "works" of faith, belief, and repentance... all of which precede salvation?

Those are not "works," according to the scriptural application. 

If you reject that without works, no one is saved, you not only reject James, you reject the Bible.

No, I simply have a better grasp on the concepts James is applying and I have better heremeneutics and better theology than those who think we are saved by works.

Your definition of "Faith Alone" is shown to be antinomian. It suggests that obedience to the Law of God does not matter. It is A-Nomos. 

Anyone trying to be saved without works is not an authentic Christian.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Prove it is Gnostic.  I am waiting for the evidence.

I gave the connection, but you refuse to take off your theological glasses to see it.

Undeniably, it is connected to Gnostic influence.   

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Those are not "works," according to the scriptural application. 

What man does, is "works." Your gnostic application that what is done in response to your "gnosis" is spiritual, and not "works" does not come from the Bible.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I simply have a better grasp on the concepts James is applying and I have better heremeneutics and better theology than those who think we are saved by works.

We all be judged by our works at the Judgment. Those that have done good will (works) go to heaven.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

In fact, the only faith that is alone in Scripture is a dead faith! James 2:17.

Evangelicals do not believe in grace alone, most don't believe that God is gracious, but demands His pound of flesh. 

Most Evangelicals not believe in Christ alone, but believe that the individual must accept the work of Christ in order to be saved, unless they are consistent Gnostic Fatalists.

Strange how after all these years of Evangelicals complaining against man-made creeds, and they erect one of their own, then condemn you to Hell for not believing it!   

Don't fret brother, those type don't have the power to condemn anyone to Hell. God doth watch over his own. And come the judgment such ones as that may be surprised after they die as to which of God's thrones they shall stand before and thus be held accountable for all their words against God's own.

No manner of truth about Eastern Orthodox, that they are Christian, sinks into that which is stone hearted and determined against them. As if they are God and can judge who is of God. Blasphemy, arrogance, sin filled pride, and worst of all deep penetrating hate spurs that campaign forward.

Were a member of the Orthodox church to enter here that fallen behavior thinking to target them for condemnation such as is in this thread speaking against the whole of the church itself, would result in discipline against the consistent offender and its cohorts. While what is apparent is that fallen behavior punishable against an individual is permissible against the whole of the church containing countless individuals. 
This isn't debate brother. This is a campaign of hate. Debate would afford a willingness to gain education for what demonstrates obstinate refusal for that thread after thread. Despite resource after resource being afforded to that end.

Even those who are of the gracious heart hoping to afford that education so as to preclude the foolish profile that insists on making its self persistent in a community dedicated to Christ are attacked and labeled wolves for standing with Christ.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Jeff2 said:

What man does, is "works." Your gnostic application that what is done in response to your "gnosis" is spiritual, and not "works" does not come from the Bible.

Amen.

I think what is insistent here is a combination of Gnostic Christianity, Calvinism, and the doctrine of once saved always saved.

Piecemeal scriptures reckoning no actual foundation in the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.