• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

2 hours ago, Wanda01 said:

I think it was that suicide is a sin. 

Nodding my head to the rest of your reply. "Yep". Lol. But I digress.

LOL  Of course suicide is a sin...That which is not of faith is sin.   That would not keep the poor guy/or gal our of heaven though.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2

2 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

Yes , true Christian who commit suicide go to heaven but you will lose most if not all of your inheritance .

Telling a lie , even white lie like saying that you finished your coffee but there is 10ml of it left still in cup is as bad in God's eyes as if you murder somebody .
James 2:10 tells us that if you live by law and break one then it's done you are alredy not good enought to go to heaven .

That's why you are saved by grace of Lord Jesus Christ who took your punishment of you and was literall in your place paying for your sins with his blood 2 Corinthians 5:21 .

When you believe in him you are saved , sealed with Holy Spirit Ephesians 1:13-14 and it's free gift Ephesians 2:8-9 , and nobody even yourself can pluck out of God's hand John 10:28-30.

You should not consider suicide because it's ultimate lack of faith that you can show God . You are promised by God to be delivered and saved when you go through many of today's tribulations and persecutions , by commiting suicide you show God that you don't have faith in him and will lose most if not all of your rewards because rewards are for faith and righteous people should live by faith in Christ .

God is also doing good works through you so you can bear fruit , by doing suicide you resign from them .

Edit.
Before somebody will argue with me
If you think that Christian go to hell after commiting suicide then i guess Jesus Christ is in hell right now because he decided to suicide for us on cross , even didn't let Romans and Jews kill him but gave his ghost himself willingly to father , moreover every atom which that cross and nails were made of by his own words while creating earth .

I must disagree on one point Horse.  

Romans 8:38-39 (CJB)

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers, neither what exists nor what is coming, 39 neither powers above nor powers below, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God which comes to us through the Messiah Yeshua, our Lord.

I do not see me on that list.  Thus I believe that I certainly can separate me from the love of God and wind up in hell.   My opinion. 

Jesus did not commit suicide.  He took your place on the cross.  There is a major difference.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I 'm not sure that most people who commit suicide are mentally stable enough to be accountable for their actions.

Guest Wanda01
2 hours ago, Denadii said:

LOL  Of course suicide is a sin...That which is not of faith is sin.   That would not keep the poor guy/or gal our of heaven though.

I think there was confusion on my part. 

While we both seem to agree that suicide is a sin, we differ in our belief on eternity. I do not believe that a person will still go to Heaven, after taking their own life. I am reminded of Hebrews 10:26, "For is we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins"

1 hour ago, Wanda01 said:

I think there was confusion on my part. 

While we both seem to agree that suicide is a sin, we differ in our belief on eternity. I do not believe that a person will still go to Heaven, after taking their own life. I am reminded of Hebrews 10:26, "For is we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins"

I understand what you are saying Wanda.  You also have to consider state of mind and the fact that the person is deceived and depressed.  Did he do it as a matter of defying God?  Or rebellion?   Motive here is important and situation.

Guest Wanda01
5 hours ago, Denadii said:

I understand what you are saying Wanda.  You also have to consider state of mind and the fact that the person is deceived and depressed.  Did he do it as a matter of defying God?  Or rebellion?   Motive here is important and situation.

We may have to agree to disagree on this.

One example, according to what you state above (ie: state of mind, motive):

Two people walk into banks, shoot the security guard dead, and rob it. Both have sinned in their defiance of God's law (Thou shalt not kill, Ex. 20:13 and Thou shalt not steal, Ex. 20:15). Does it matter that one did it desperate to feed his family and keep their home from foreclosure, while the other did it desperate to get another drug fix?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

11 hours ago, Denadii said:

I must disagree on one point Horse.  

Romans 8:38-39 (CJB)

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers, neither what exists nor what is coming, 39 neither powers above nor powers below, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God which comes to us through the Messiah Yeshua, our Lord.

I do not see me on that list.  Thus I believe that I certainly can separate me from the love of God and wind up in hell.   My opinion. 

Jesus did not commit suicide.  He took your place on the cross.  There is a major difference.

Jesus was slain before he even created us . Jesus is outside of time .

Romans 13:8

1 Peter 1:20

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

7 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

Jesus was slain before he even created us . Jesus is outside of time .

Romans 13:8

1 Peter 1:20

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

That's true, my friend, Jesus is outside of time.  Thus He did die before we were born.  What does that have to do with the subject?   I don't see the connection.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

3 hours ago, Denadii said:

That's true, my friend, Jesus is outside of time.  Thus He did die before we were born.  What does that have to do with the subject?   I don't see the connection.

Very simple , if there is nobody created yet and he died before foundation of world then only suicide can explain it .

3 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

Very simple , if there is nobody created yet and he died before foundation of world then only suicide can explain it .

Ah....I'm afraid you do not understand time.   What He did for us, was to pay the price of sin.  To pay a debt is not suicide.  Come to think of it, Horse, He did not do it outside of time.  He entered time when He did, to do the deed of paying for that sin.   It was inside of time that the debt was paid, because it was inside of time that the sin was done.   He had to do it inside of time.  He did NOT commit suicide.  He offered his life for yours.  Suicide is killing yourself

Here suicide is the intentional taking of one's own life, the destruction of one's own interests or prospects    Jesus did not take His own life, and He certainly does have the same interests and prospects He had before our sin brought Him to the cross.