• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

That was the point of the comment.

Your post came in at same time as mine, I didn't see yours because we must have posted at same time. :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

53 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What is judgmental about someone telling a girl in church that dressing provocatively is inappropriate?   That is not judgmental. There is no biblical case for saying that it is judgemental.

You said it was judgmental, so I addressed that.   I don't think anyone can make the case that it is judgmental to expect people to dress appropriately for Church.

Oh dear. It seems I have caused an uproar once  again with what I thought was nothing more then my  simple advice. Well first off I was not aware I was suppose to be  addressing people in church.( I thought I said that) I was making a general statement about how people dress. I thought I had made that clear but I guess it was not clear enough. 

I don't think anyone can make the case that it is judgmental to expect people to dress appropriately for Church.

I think it is but like I said I understand if you see things differently then I do. I wasn't really trying to make a case of anything. Just my advice. You don't have to follow my advice if you don't want too. 

56 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Now "we" worry and tsk tsk  about attire at church, as though it is different from attire elsewhere. Is it proper to be immodest anywhere  at any time in general public situations?

That is an interesting point. :39:

50 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I think everyone knows what modesty means, don't you?  I mean, most intelligent people, whether they are believers or not, understand the basic concept of modesty and what modest attire looks like.

Well for me I see nothing at all  immodest about a women in a 2  piece swim suite. Back in my younger days I use to wear one. My bottom and top was covered so I did not think it to be an issue. I personally do think that thong swim suits are immodest. They look uncomfortable too.  My point is is that  everyone has their own measure for what is and what is not immodest.  My grandmother thought shorts of any kind was immodest. Was she wrong to think that? No. It was just her measure of what she consider immodest. So this is why I say this is a personal issue between you and God. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well for me I see nothing at all  immodest about a women in a 2  piece swim suite. Back in my younger days I use to wear one. My bottom and top was covered so I did not think it to be an issue. I personally do think that thong swim suits are immodest. They look uncomfortable too.  My point is is that  everyone has their own measure for what is and what is not immodest.  My grandmother thought shorts of any kind was immodest. Was she wrong to think that? No. It was just her measure of what she consider immodest. So this is why I say this is a personal issue between you and God. 

Years ago when I wore a bikini I did not think there was anything wrong with it. Since then I have changed. My outlook on many things have changed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

yes, interesting ....we are in 2017 and standards are polluted and we are all fallen...Lord Jesus said "what is that to you..."

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I understand that.  But that's not the topic that was raised by the OP and it is not really the issue in this thread.  The issue is about modesty among followers of Jesus in a church setting and what constitutes appropriate attire for that setting.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

If you took 100 people of varying ages and from different parts of the country and asked them their opinion of modest attire you would get 30 or 40 different versions of what modest dress is.

And what do you think those versions would include?  And how many of them would be committed followers of Jesus?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Years ago when I wore a bikini I did not think there was anything wrong with it. Since then I have changed. My outlook on many things have changed.

Funny, I bet no one thinks to wear a bikini at their baptism by immersion.

Just a stray thought. Should have left it straying.

I think I have become much like those ladies with the ounces of dusty rose perfume super saturating their flesh. Desensitized.  For I kinda get interested in the rather classy look of a woman  in the old  old movies where they wore lots of  fabric, but it was all positioned and worn well, with "style".  I haven't found much style  around Wally World where all my own attire is birthed. I used to find the Walmartian  look extrodinarily funny, gross but funny, now  not so much. For me  now, as a man,  to dress well is to wear socks, ankle length socks.  Soo, maybe I am not  much of a fashion expert anymore and should just happily do the share a germ meet and greet at worship with a  happy smile as I gaze off to the air conditioning vents to make sure the air is flowing well, even as the BTU's burn  with the energy of the holy kisses and handshakes and hugs.

Hmm, maybe modesty  is easily resolved with room  temperature controls- set the ac at 68 degrees and see what happens? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

It is important for the born again Christian woman to remain in modest attire no matter where she is. Except in the privacy of her own home and with her husband.Women of the world dress any way they want. They are followers of Satan and he loves it.