• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Spock and Happinessity

I know of a young man, a brother that seems to be very girly.  He is a believer.  I don't know what he does or where he lives etc. but I care very much for him and pray for him.

In the 70s I searched for God and He found me.  Part of my journey (BC) included a whole year when I smoked pot continuously, though I never paid for it - just happened to have friends who always had it.

Yes, we know God's grace goes beyond what we can ever comprehend.  I thank you both for what you have said.  In our church we are looking forward to Jesus' return.  As our Pastor says, and we agree, we want to take as many people as possible with us so we extend our hands in love towards anyone who comes in the door, regardless of how they appear.  God does look at the heart, not the outward appearance.

I always say something along the lines of "It's a 'come as you are party'".  We come to Him in all our sin and hopelessness.  Part of being a new creation is the requirement for repentance; rarely preached these days.  Once we are born again believers the Holy Spirit begins to convict us and change us.  Are we going to yield or not?  Is is our will or His will that is to be done?  Is someone truly given over to His will?  Only they know.  We will continue to love them and try to show Christ's example whenever we can.

We have had drunks and drug addicts walk in on our weekly prayer meeting and they are allowed to pray with us and be prayed for.  God loves them.

Willa - I thank you for your wonderful words.  Blessings to all of you.  Your sister in Christ, SA2 xxx hugs :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Spock and Happinessity

I know of a young man, a brother that seems to be very girly.  He is a believer.  I don't know what he does or where he lives etc. but I care very much for him and pray for him.

In the 70s I searched for God and He found me.  Part of my journey (BC) included a whole year when I smoked pot continuously, though I never paid for it - just happened to have friends who always had it.

Yes, we know God's grace goes beyond what we can ever comprehend.  I thank you both for what you have said.  In our church we are looking forward to Jesus' return.  As our Pastor says, and we agree, we want to take as many people as possible with us so we extend our hands in love towards anyone who comes in the door, regardless of how they appear.  God does look at the heart, not the outward appearance.

I always say something along the lines of "It's a 'come as you are party'".  We come to Him in all our sin and hopelessness.  Part of being a new creation is the requirement for repentance; rarely preached these days.  Once we are born again believers the Holy Spirit begins to convict us and change us.  Are we going to yield or not?  Is is our will or His will that is to be done?  Is someone truly given over to His will?  Only they know.  We will continue to love them and try to show Christ's example whenever we can.

We have had drunks and drug addicts walk in on our weekly prayer meeting and they are allowed to pray with us and be prayed for.  God loves them.

Willa - I thank you for your wonderful words.  Blessings to all of you.  Your sister in Christ, SA2 xxx hugs :)

SA2,

At the risk of embarrassing you, could I tell you how much I love you........BUNCHES! ⛄️

Your words here is what fellowshipping at church should be all about. My wife and I are traveling the world and we have Australia in our sites when my dog passes (3-4 years perhaps Lord willing).  Anyhow, I definitely would love to stop in and visit your church, meet your pastor, but more importantly, give you a great big Italian hug! You are AWESOME!!!!

spock giving ((((((hugs)))))) as we speak.

3 hours ago, Willa said:

Quote: . No matter how often you sin or whatever kind of sin you commit, makes no difference, Christ's blood keeps you from being a "sinner" ever again

1Jn 1:6  ESV  If we say we have fellowship with Him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

1Jn 1:7  But    IF we walk in the light,    as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Verse 7 covers the question of the blood of Jesus cleansing us.  It says IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT.  This is walking in the Spirit and doing what we know to do as He enlightens us during our fellowship communing with God and through His word.  When we sin every day without realizing it, we are covered by Christ's blood.  But when the Holy Spirit brings the sin to our attention, we need to confess it and trust God to cleanse us of it as in verse 8.

We can't trust God to cleanse us automatically by His blood should we continue to practice sin and quench the prodding of the Holy Spirit.  This hardens our hearts till we fall away as reprobates.  It is walking in darkness again.

When I backslid in the 60s, when my husband prevented me from attending church and I figured I could read the Bible and pray at home,  I first began praying less and then found that months had gone by between doing either one.  Jesus said we must stay connected to the vine to produce fruit, and that those who don't produce fruit will be cut off.  I certainly withered, but I kept praying every so often that God wouldn't let me fall too far.  He started sending me "wake up calls".  The one I remember most distinctly was my sister in law asking me if I had been saved, and thinking that if she can't tell then something is seriously wrong.  So after 4 years I started attending church again and then went to a Campus Crusade meeting.  There I read the Holy Spirit booklet which plainly showed me that I was a carnal Christian and needed to be filled with the Holy Spirit.  When I started attending the discipleship small group, God convicted me of my hatred for my father in law and I knew I was lost because I could not love him.  I asked God to love him through me.  I finally learned how to follow Christ and listen to His Spirit.  Once again I was being fed by His Spirit and was following Him, allowing Christ to live in me thus producing good fruit.  

God does call prodigals back and send us wake up calls.  Those who want to be in relationship with God, He will keep.  Those who don't desire the clean heart and clean fun and joy in Christ will harden their hearts and resist the call of the Spirit, quenching Him till they grow so cold they are cut off and ready to be burned.  It is those who continually resist the call of God and work of the Spirit that were never His.  

Joh 3:18  ESV Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.  Joh 3:19  And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.  Joh 3:20  For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

Act 7:51  "You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you.

Luk 8:11  "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.  Luk 8:12  Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.  Luk 8:13  But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.

God sends temptations and trials to prove which ones are truly His.  

1Pe 1:5  who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1Pe 1:6  In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 1Pe 1:7  that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

Awesome words AGAIN Willa.  Thanks for sharing your struggle with father in law. I've been struggling with my selfish cantankerous 95 year old mother in law. Her demands are killing my wife and I don't like it, and tell her so. In fact our last conversation went something like this:

"Virginia, I care about my wife and I am going to protect her from harm."

"well, she's my daughter too, don't you think I care about her too?"

"Not really, you are too busy and concerned with carrying about yourself, you have no time or energy left over to care about others." 

Honestly, I still do the things I need to do to help her get by each day, but I do such while cussing underneath my breath to myself.  I'm sure God will keep her around for 5 more years to teach me more lessons of loving the unlovable.  Oh boy! 

Anyhow, I always enjoy reading your solid words of wisdom and steadfast faith. You are an inspiration for many of us, including me. 

Love you,

spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 minutes ago, Spock said:

SA2,

At the risk of embarrassing you, could I tell you how much I love you........BUNCHES! ⛄️

Your words here is what fellowshipping at church should be all about. My wife and I are traveling the world and we have Australia in our sites when my dog passes (3-4 years perhaps Lord willing).  Anyhow, I definitely would love to stop in and visit your church, meet your pastor, but more importantly, give you a great big Italian hug! You are AWESOME!!!!

spock giving ((((((hugs)))))) as we speak.

Hi spock,

An Italian ay. Well that explains it all. You are a real Romeo, in the nicest way. I once went with an Italian, and they really know how to treat a lady.

just another of spocks admirers.:rolleyes: Marilyn.

6 minutes ago, Spock said:

Awesome words AGAIN Willa.  Thanks for sharing your struggle with father in law. I've been struggling with my selfish cantankerous 95 year old mother in law. Her demands are killing my wife and I don't like it, and tell her so. In fact our last conversation went something like this:

"Not really, you are too busy and concerned with carrying about yourself, you have no time or energy left over to care about others." 

Honestly, I still do the things I need to do to help her get by each day, but I do such while cussing underneath my breath to myself.  I'm sure God will keep her around for 5 more years to teach me more lessons of loving the unlovable.  Oh boy! 

Anyhow, I always enjoy reading your solid words of wisdom and steadfast faith. You are an inspiration for many of us, including me. 

Love you,

spock

Hi spock,

Seems like the Holy Spirit has you in His sights on this matter, bro. And a big trial it is as the one that is closest to your heart in involved. My suggestion is that you ask the Holy Spirit to change your attitude towards your in-laws, and then see what God can do.

BTW Do you think that God holds your `sins` (bad attitude to in-laws & cussing) any different than your neighbours?

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Thank you Spock, but you know it is Jesus if any good thing is seen in me.  I am still hanging my head from the last time I responded to someone in the flesh.  God doesn't have to keep me humble anymore.  He just steps aside and I do a good job of humiliating myself.

4 minutes ago, Spock said:

Love you,

spock

Just now, Marilyn C said:

Hi spock,

An Italian ay. Well that explains it all. You are a real Romeo, in the nicest way. I once went with an Italian, and they really know how to treat a lady.

just another of spocks admirers.:rolleyes: Marilyn.

And of course when I make it to Australia, I'm looking you up too, Marilyn.  Maybe in 3-4 years you and Shiloh will be done with your debate. Lol

I connect with women very well. My last 20 years being a 4-5th grade school teacher, I was either the only male teacher or maybe 1-2 others depending. Women don't have that testosterone thing going on with them like men do. Ha

love you too,

spock

2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi spock,

Seems like the Holy Spirit has you in His sights on this matter, bro. And a big trial it is as the one that is closest to your heart in involved. My suggestion is that you ask the Holy Spirit to change your attitude towards your in-laws, and then see what God can do.

Blessings, Marilyn.

But, but, but.........do I have to, Marilyn?

okay........??  Dear Lord...Grrrrrrr, said while clenching teeth........

Just now, Spock said:

But, but, but.........do I have to, Marilyn?

okay........??  Dear Lord...Grrrrrrr, said while clenching teeth........

Ah, but oh the joy when more of you is made like unto Christ.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

And of course when I make it to Australia, I'm looking you up too, Marilyn.  Maybe in 3-4 years you and Shiloh will be done with your debate. Lol

I connect with women very well. My last 20 years being a 4-5th grade school teacher, I was either the only male teacher or maybe 1-2 others depending. Women don't have that testosterone thing going on with them like men do. Ha

love you too,

spock

Hi again spock,

That would be great for you to visit us on the farm, however I believe we will be `caught away` before 3 years is up. I know you are post trib, but there is still time for me to write why I believe in the pre-trib. Will do it on my blog after I do `kingdoms.`

BTW I am on the final run with my debate with Shiloh, so not long now. It has been a mammoth debate though. Always good to debate with some one like Shiloh who has a good Bible knowledge. Not saying he knows it all, or that I do either. But I didn`t have to wade through `who the army was,` or the pre, mid, post trib views.

Marilyn.